• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

lets talk

Years
  • Hmmm tough choice. I love slice of life/comedies so series like Watamote and Nozaki-kun were hilarious and amazing, definitely high on my list.

As far as action and adventure I'm very partial towards Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle. S1 was better than S2 (since the latter had waaayy too many fillers..) but I loved the characters and how deep the story became in its second half. You'd have to read the manga and watch the OVA episodes to get a feel for it.

Aaaand One Punch Man for sure. Just the right amount of comedy and action. Saitama was the best.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2016
    Ranma 1/2 is the show that first got me into anime and is still my favorite. I also like One Piece, Irresponsible Captain Tylor, Hunter X Hunter and Beserk.

abarai

Howl, Zabimaru !
    Years
  • Always have had a top five-ish rather than one particular favourate series.
    In no particular order;
    code geass
    samurai champloo
    FMA:B
    ghost in the shell
    death note

Years
  • Code Geass.

Both Death Note and Re:Zero had a great idea and were awesome at first, and could have easily topped Code Geass for me, but I feel like as it went on they started to get bad (though Re:Zero recovered somewhat after the IMO terrible start of Arc 3).

Years
  • Higurashi no Naku Koro ni has been my favourite for years now. Great characters, cool premise and a wonderfully executed plot.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • huge fan of fairy tail (original not 2014), madoka magica, idolmaster series (cinderella girls is best tho), clannad after story, tengen toppa gurren lagann, k on... i like cute girls playing music.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni has been my favourite for years now. Great characters, cool premise and a wonderfully executed plot.

I've lowkey been really scared of this anime. Isn't it really... violent/gore-y?

Years
  • huge fan of fairy tail (original not 2014), madoka magica, idolmaster series (cinderella girls is best tho), clannad after story, tengen toppa gurren lagann, k on... i like cute girls playing music.

I've lowkey been really scared of this anime. Isn't it really... violent/gore-y?

At parts yeah but not consistently. There's a lot of cute thrown in to mess with your head also haha. If you can manage to tolerate the little bit of violence/gore it's really worth the watch though it's incredible.

Bonus points for Madoka and Clannad btw haha

Reunilu

of the Eastern Skies
    Years
  • I've had a lot of anime that I've obsessed about, but I think I would say Shirobako. Sure the basic premise of it is "an anime about making anime", but something about the way it was executed makes me feel like I'm watching an actual TV show and not something that's meant to be a medium to be adapted to or from. I also really love the characters and how human they are, so there's that.

Years
  • Hmm... picking one? That's tough. Favorite threads are tough... I think Shigurui: Death Frenzy was pretty good. Nice an splashy. It has a great art style and I love the minimalist aspect of the story's beginning and end. It's based off of a history book and I just love history, so it fits.

But to this day, the only anime that ever wrenched my heart was Kill La Kill. The ending still gets my gut even now.

Of course, there are classics like Trigun, Golden Boy, Initial D, Yu Yu Hakashu, Mobile Suit Gundam, and Lupin the III

And some 'new classics' such as Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Gundam Wing, Golgo 13, Afro Samurai, and Full Metal Alchemist. Wow. I've watched tons of cartoons...

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 6, 2024
    Now that I think about it, I don't actually have like my most favorite anime ever. I always give the stock answer of FLCL but that's a huge lie, I don't really like it as much. Probably, the closest thing is SE Lain but if I had to include all anime then Doraemon, just because it's the greatest story ever told.

But if Doraemon is included, then all my childhood favorite anime like Crayon Shinchan, Ninja Hattori-kun, Mojacko, P-man, Chibi Marukochan, Detective Conan, DBZ would be front-loaded on the list one by one... I don't think that's fair, this makes most post-NGE anime be way more down on the list.

CunningChandelure

Alchemist
    Years
  • Personally I'm an FMA diehard first and foremost. On top of that though I love Evangelion, Erased, SnK, and Soul Eater. (I'll admit that for a lot of these my love is tied pretty strong to the manga too)

Years
  • Ohh yes! Can't believe I forgot FMA Brotherhood. Found it much deeper and undeniably better than the original series. Great adaptation of the manga that hit me hard in the feels. I cried a few times. One of the only series that can make me so emotional and attached to the characters.

Years
  • Code Geass R1 & R2
    One Punch Man
    Mob Psycho 100
    Sket Dance
    Naruto & Naruto Shippuuden
    Rock Lee Seishun no ninden
    Noragami & Noragami Aragoto
    God Eater
    Gintama
    Blood Lad
    Rokka No Yuusha
    Kakumeiki Valvrave S1 & S2
    Working!!! S1,S2 & S3
    Ryuusei no Rockman & Ryuusei no Rockman Tribe
    thats all my favorite anime I can think off atm, but I like mostly anime with a combination of action and comedy

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • My avatar and user title gives it away all too easily.

Actually, if I were to be truly honest with myself, it's a tossup between Toradora and Girls und Panzer. I reeeally enjoyed my journey through both.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
  • I watch an irresponsibly massive amount of anime so narrowing it down is hard...

I'll just narrow my favorites to this year not including sequels.

Sweetness and Lighting - Super adorable show about a recently widowed father raising his 3 year old daughter. Its about food, moving forward, and making the most of what you have.

Cheer Danshi - A rather poor looking Anime, But has a lot of heart. Two friends starting a male cheer leading club. The show is about following your dreams and trying hard even tho its seems hard and difficult.

Mob Psycho 100 - A show made by One (From one punch man fame) Great show about espers and Self betterment/

Relife - Slice of life romance, which is super adorable and heartwarming. About an adult who's given a chance to become a highschooler for one year.

My Hero Acadamia - Hero show about a young man who's not special but tries everything he can to become a hero no matter what the sacrifices.

Kabeneri of the Iron Fortress - A straight up dumb action show. with straight up the greatest action scenes I've seen all year. It's a show set on a steampunk version of feudal japan... with zombies.

Re: zero - A sent to another world show, it explores the saving mechanic in games and the consequences it can have on your psyche.

Sakamoto desuka - A comedy show about an absolutely cool highschooler who can't do anything uncool.

Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! - Another sent to another world show - but this is a straight up comedy where the world itself sucks and the main characters are a bunch of weirdos. Makes fun of shows in this genre (Most notably SAO)

Back