• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Liking all new everything?

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    I've been playing pokemon since I recieved my blue version on my 10th birthday when they were first released. I haven't missed a game since then.

That being said i'm finally glad to see there basically giving the series a reboot by changing everything and starting over with Route 1. I also enjoy the fact that you can't catch any of the old pokemon during the main storyline.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I'm loving nearly everything about this new game, it looks much more interesting than the 4th gen....the towns and locations seem to have more character too.

If I had to nitpick......I'm not very fond of that Blue/Red Rock Spike Pokemon.....or the moles but I love all the other pokemon. :)

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I freakin love that none of the old ones are in the main game until after you finished it. This means you have a lot of new things to play with and you won't be sticking to the oldies to do everything because you know how rape they can be. This allows for us to test and train new Pokemon without being distracted by the old ones.

And hey if you absolutly MUST have the old ones GO CATCH MUUNA!

Why? Dream Smoke DOES HAVE POKEMON NOT FOUND IN ISSHU! YOU CAN GET THE OLDIES THERE!

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    I love all the new pokemon so far. I know though that I will be hating thennew bat pokemon and that new beaver looking thing, as they will most likely be replacing Zubat and Bidoof/Rattata/Sentret.

I love the new grub pokemon. It is the best looking grub pokemon so far and I am excited to see the butterfly that it evolves into.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    If the National Pokédex will be available in the game without having to wait a year or two (like in Generation III), I have no problem with a Generation-V-Pokémon-exclusive Regional Pokédex.
    Don't worry it won't be, as you can transfer pokemon from gen 4 to 5 so it's most likely going to be like DPPt :)

La Foudre

<3 Sneasel.
    Years
    I'm very open to the idea... mostly because I'm getting really tired of zubat interrupting my walks through caves. Now at least I'll be attacked by something new.

I'm kind of nervous about building my team, though. I'll probably restart this game a lot until I find a team that I like.

MiniM00se

Toad in a stroller
    Years
    I like this idea. So long as we can still get the other Pokemon after the national dex, I'm fine with it.

Why is it that when Hoenn removed tons of old favorites and tried to revolutionize the franchise it was ridiculed, but when Isshu does it it's praised?
    Because people can't handle the awesomeness of Hoenn and the greatest Pokemon, region, characters, etc. of ALL TIME.

Years
    I like this idea. So long as we can still get the other Pokemon after the national dex, I'm fine with it.

Because people can't handle the awesomeness of Hoenn and the greatest Pokemon, region, characters, etc. of ALL TIME.
    That's true people can't take the awesomeness of Hoenn :D!
    I bet we will get old pokemon after we get the national dex ;)

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020

Most likely we will be able to get them after the National Pokédex. If not, it would be kind of disappointed since the phrase of pokémon is "Gotta catch 'em all!". D;

Isasapiens

A pine tree...
    Years
    Well, I kind of like the idea of, instead of seeing the old "Wild (insert rattata, zubat and geodude here) has appeared" we'll see other pokemon instead. But if you want older pokemon, catch Munna and use the Dream smoke. With luck, you get the older pokemon
    you want. It also makes gameplay more interesting and makes people to get more used to the new ones.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    But Hoenn did essentially the same thing. I'm guessing its that Hoenn was the first major change for the franchise.

They still kept other annoying pokemon like magikarp, tentacool, zubat, geodude, etc.

This is a real fresh start, not just "take 75% of the old pokemon out, but leave annoying ones in" like R/S/E. I wouldn't be surprised if it was ridiculed because everyone was hating on the designs.

"OMG THEY LOOK LIKE DIGIMON NOW ;A;" probably originated with R/S/E.

Last edited:

Years

Most likely we will be able to get them after the National Pokédex. If not, it would be kind of disappointed since the phrase of pokémon is "Gotta catch 'em all!". D;
    Actually they no longer use that Phrase anymore they removed in RSE and it hasn't returned :(

Years
    I like the idea of having only Gen. V Pokémon initially available. I also think that this decision will not be as hated as it was in Gen. III because you can connect to the last two generations.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I don't... know. D:

I guess, despite the fact that I won't be able to use a Cherrim in my first BW playthrough, I am happy about this.

I normally try to play through new gens without using any old Pokémon at all, and if I do, it's only because they appeared in the wild when I needed something of their type. So I guess this will force me to play the way I usually like to play new gens. And I am excited that I won't have to deal with SWARM OF ZUBAT & GEODUDE every time I enter a cave, or getting inappropriately touched my Tentacool if I try to surf anywhere, but I know they'll probably be replaced with equally annoying Pokémon so I'm not holding my breath. XD;

But I'm mostly just sad about it because of Cherrim. ;~;

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Gosh ! xD

I really wasn't expecting this. But, it bugs me in some way : if old Pokemon will get evolutions or preevolutions, the same suckish DP Scenario will happen : we won't be able to get our fav. Pokemon and their evolutions to play the game with them. ):

Back