• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Liking all new everything?

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2011
    Dude! Give it a rest if you dont like anything. then dont buy the game. We don't wanna hear you complaining on every single thread. you got your word out dude. Leettt.. me guess you hate Gen 5. WOW. How did i guess that. that is simply incredible.
    Agreed. No one's forcing you to buy these games.

Charizardomination

Kanto Champion
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2010
    Dude! Give it a rest if you dont like anything. then dont buy the game. We don't wanna hear you complaining on every single thread. you got your word out dude. Leettt.. me guess you hate Gen 5. WOW. How did i guess that. that is simply incredible.
    Dont be hating dude, I dont like them so what. No need to go off on me with that ridiculous green text.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Gen 3 all over again. I do not want to be severely restricted and told "You can't use those 493 Pokemon to beat the game, here use these 150." I want a combination of old and new to beat the game with, and not have to wait until afterwards, when I don't even need to use them. Seriously, postgame stuff is just filler. If I'm going to "use" a Pokemon, I want it as part of my team that I raise throughout my journey to beat the League. Gen 3 severely limited your Pokemon and is ridiculed even today for it (though it also had a horrendous region), and considering about 80% of the Gen 5 designs are absolutely vomit-inducing, I'd want the option of catching some old favorites to raise in Isshu as well.

There are about 50 other things they could do to revitalize and "freshen up" the series...this is not one of them.

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    Dont be hating dude, I dont like them so what. No need to go off on me with that ridiculous green text.
    If you don't like it, then why are you using up time visiting a forum about it to whine about it? If you dislike it, it seems rather... dumb to be taking the time to post about it.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Why is it that when Hoenn removed tons old favorites and tried to revolutionize the franchise it was ridiculed, but when Isshu does it it's praised?

I hope this isn't true. It'd be more realistic if they had at least a few Pokemon in common.
    Because Hoenn was pretty awesome regardless of all the flak it got. I think people are appreciating Gen 3 more nowadays. I bet they'll keep some older Pokemon in, although it would be nice, imo, to see an all-new regional Dex.

Also, Midnight Bear has it right. If you dislike it anyway, why are you bothering to post about it? You can have your opinion, but keep it down with the abrasiveness, por favor. Other people happen to be excited about this stuff.

Last edited:

Charizardomination

Kanto Champion
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2010
    If you don't like it, then why are you using up time visiting a forum about it to whine about it? If you dislike it, it seems rather... dumb to be taking the time to post about it.
    Do you mind telling me what all this hype is about? I dont know what everyones so excited about.

Fine no one listen to me.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Dude! Give it a rest if you dont like anything. then dont buy the game. We don't wanna hear you complaining on every single thread. you got your word out dude. Leettt.. me guess you hate Gen 5. WOW. How did i guess that. that is simply incredible.

Agreed. No one's forcing you to buy these games.
    This.

I think Generation 5 will be awesome. I absolutely LOVED the Hoenn region, and I don't care what anybody says about Isshu. :D

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2019
    It's a bold move, I'll give them that. I'm happy to see Game Freak has the balls to mix things up again, to me Gen 4 felt to similar to everything else. The fact that they have balls to make changes is what im more interested about.

My gripe though is the national dex usually doesn't come into play until after the region champion is defeated. It seems redundant to collect 493 pokemon that only serve to fill in the dex. If they make enough content post - region champion like traveling to another region (old or new) and have another main quest to follow, then it'll be all worth it.

So whether or not it's a good decision really rests with how much content we get post- pokemon league. Otherwise I'm going to have to agree with haters and call "filler".

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • It's a bold move, I'll give them that. I'm happy to see Game Freak has the balls to mix things up again, to me Gen 4 felt to similar to everything else. The fact that they have balls to make changes is what im more interested about.

My gripe though is the national dex usually doesn't come into play until after the region champion is defeated. It seems redundant to collect 493 pokemon that only serve to fill in the dex. If they make enough content post - region champion like traveling to another region (old or new) and have another main quest to follow, then it'll be all worth it.

So whether or not it's a good decision really rests with how much content we get post- pokemon league. Otherwise I'm going to have to agree with haters and call "filler".

They are doing it because they want to refresh the series.

Years
  • My wish came true :) I always wanted each region to have purely their region pokemon and all the national ones after you get the national dex. I just want to jump into a pool of new pokemon and not find the same ones I have already used. Like going into your favorite store and they have all this awesome new merchandise :)

I think it is a great move. As long as around 95% of the other 493 pokemon are avaliable after the national dex :)

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Why is it that when Hoenn removed tons old favorites and tried to revolutionize the franchise it was ridiculed, but when Isshu does it it's praised?

I hope this isn't true. It'd be more realistic if they had at least a few Pokemon in common.

"Because the new Pokemon suck anyway so getting rid of them is good!"

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • My wish came true :) I always wanted each region to have purely their region pokemon and all the national ones after you get the national dex. I just want to jump into a pool of new pokemon and not find the same ones I have already used. Like going into your favorite store and they have all this awesome new merchandise :)

I think it is a great move. As long as around 95% of the other 493 pokemon are avaliable after the national dex :)
    We aren't sure how many old mon are in the Isshu dex actually :)...

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2013
    Well, I'm very sure we will Get a new pre-evo and new evo's, so at least some pkmn have to be in the isshu dex, no?

o0PinkSquid0o

Squidtacular
    Years
  • Hmm I like this idea ONLY if we get the national dex somewhere in the middle of the game instead of right at the end. Just so we can choose later if we wanna train up some other pokemon without it being so late in the game that there aren't any trainers left to battle and train new(old) pokemon.

That way we get to try out all the new pokemon at the start but still get the option of playing through some of the new story line with some old favs.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
  • its an ok idea i guess. what bothers me is that there wont be any new evolutions or prevolutions until you finish the game. other than that, its cool. this might also mean we get a large number of new pokemon, maybe 150.

does this also mean that the pokeshifter wont appear until after you finish the game?

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    I don't like this idea much at all really. The whole point of having that many Pokemon is having a massive choice of which to use; I'd rather they just opened up the full Dex from the start instead of having this Isshu/National Dex nonsense.

What this means is that we'll be stuck with the same old situation where each route only has 3 or 4 wild Pokemon species on it. If all Pokemon were available from the start there'd be so much more variety in teams; as it is everyone has the same team for the first Gym.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years

• We aren't sure how many old mon are in the Isshu dex actually :)...

Because of the whole series rebirth theory I would say 151, which is counting Victini. The actual last pokemon could be number 150.

It's a bold move, I'll give them that. I'm happy to see Game Freak has the balls to mix things up again, to me Gen 4 felt to similar to everything else. The fact that they have balls to make changes is what im more interested about.

Part of Pokemon is catching them all. Many people actually like to collect the other 493 pokemon even if it isn't required and even if the award for doing it is lame.

Did you actually read what I said? I know damn well why they are doing it.

Yes I did read what you said and there was nothing about the rebirth of the series.

Last edited:
    Back