• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lillie discussion

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • I don't think she's a rival.
    Maybe she's just important for the story, or she might be one of your friend, but not a rival?

Or maybe they already decided she's gonna be in the Anime, and that's why she's important (future Ash's companion?)

They said (official site) she'll be important in Sun and Moon as in the games. So it's not related to the anime.

Years
  • She certainly is interesting. I'm thinking she might be a part of the evil organization of this region. Maybe she is working close with the professor to find out secret info and reports back to someone? Team boss daughter in disguise?

I would love that lol. But I think the chances of something like this happening are low.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I was going to put this in the rival speculation thread, but this thread popped up.

I also had to point this out:
    Spoiler:

Since the player's perspective means they've picked Rowlet, you may have noticed in these pics that Litten and Popplio show a darkened version of their models (artwork?). This shows that if you've seen a Pokemon that you haven't caught, its artwork is darkened while it changes to its usual lighting when you've registered the Pokemon as caught.

Rowlet, Litten and Popplio are also confirmed as #001, #004 and #007 in the Alola Dex respectively.
    So in most pokemon games (R/B/Y, G/S/C, FR/LG, R/S/E HG/SS B2/W2) You only get to see your starter, and your rivals starter.

This could just be Nintendo showing off the pokedex, but since Litten/Popplio are both seen and not caught (I would assume they would both be caught if Nintendo was trying to show off the dex), I think we may have 2 rivals in this game.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • After giving this some thought, I realized something. Does "disliking Pokemon battles" 100% mean that she's not a trainer at all? She could dislike battling at first, and grow into it a bit later on, and actually be the character that's kind of tough to beat. My thing is, I really don't want to take whats said at face value too much; character development is still very much a thing in the games and we're not entirely sure if she's going to remain adverse to battling throughout the entire plot, or whether her dislike of battling is just a part of her personality and you help her get over that as her rival, etc.

tl;dr: she can very much be a rival character, just not your typical one.

Yeah I think people are taking it too direct. N hated battles, yet he still battled.

Lillie said that she wasn't good with battles where pokemon get hurt, but she would watch the hero and cheer for them.

My hopes is that she does get the 3rd starter and eventually learns that sometimes you just have to fight. I mean she is the same age as the hero, I don't see why she wouldn't battle sometimes. Maybe battle with the hero because she trusts them.

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
  • Lillie: Professor Kukui's Assistant

In the newest SM trailer, a girl named Lillie showed up and got a special introduction in the trailer. Why so? She's just the professor's assistant, it's not like all the other Professor's assistants got introduced to us. So let's speculate!
    The official website states:
    "Lillie is a mysterious girl who assists the professor. This young girl is about the same age as your character, and she's working as Professor Kukui's assistant for personal reasons. She's not fond of making Pokémon fight in battles, but she loves reading and has devoured many books. Lillie will play an important role in the story of Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon."

At first, It popped into my mind the Lillie could be a potential rival, due to Mau (your rival) takes the starter weaker than yours rather than the traditional stronger starter, leaving Lillie receiving the stronger starter. But it clearly states that "She's not fond of making Pokémon fight in battles", so the option of her being your rival is highly unlikely.
    But, in a way, she could still be your rival. How? She could be another Lisianna, being a Pokémon Contestant and being your rival in Contests or something similar since she just doesn't like "making Pokémon fight in battles", giving the assumption she likes Pokémon, she uses them in a different way, like Contests.
    The last thought I have is that she could be working for the evil team in SM. As if she's a double-agent, getting info from Professor Kukui and passing it on to the leader of the Evil Team to help them reach their goal.
    She could also be a big help in the mythology and background part in SM since she "loves reading and has devoured many books".

SO what you think of Lillie? Honestly I'm not getting a good vibe from her.. Please reply any suggestions or speculations down below! :D

Lillie discussion
    [/URL][/IMG]

Years
  • I have a feeling she'll be the champion, it'll be fun to see what happens with her. She may not be "fond"of making pokemon fight but will have a thing where she does it when necessary.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    She's definitely the rival with the stronger pokemon. She may not like battling, but that doesn't mean she won't battle you. Kuiki literally studies attacks, how would his assistant not do the same? She also could be given a strategy where her pokemon don't need to actually fight, such as protect, status conditions, etc. Or she will have moves to easily trump opponents so her pokemon attack but don't have to battle to much with them. Her bag should also be pretty important. What's in it that she has to carry it around? It's big and probably supplies needed for Kuiki.

As for her purpose, realistically she could be a lore keeper and rival, but I actually want and think she could very well be a member of the evil team, or support/follow them. What they do with her could be pretty interesting!

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    She reads a lot; she reads a book about the legendaries and is intrigued. She becomes the professor's assistant to try to get more information on them. Typical pure young girl is then able to summon the legendary/knows so much about them and may be kidnapped/used by the evil team for that purpose. You save her, catch the legendary, and then she helps you, mostly through cheerleader support, clean up the evil team. I can just imagine this is how it will go.

I doubt she's the leader of the evil team--she's 10. I mean she'd have to be a literal genius to have figured out an entire plan and enact it with minions and the like at such a young age (because she would have had to start earlier). If anything, she's gonna be like Emma; starts with nothing but has the character to get things done. She could be an ally for the player against the evil team because of her strong dislike for battles.

The only other option I'd say is if this evil team pulls a REVERSE Team Plasma where they seem evil on the surface but the true leader's goals are purely good. And Lillie may be related to this leader.

Regardless, I have a strong feeling I won't like her. They're probably gonna try to shove her down our throats as a character we "just HAVE to like" (similar to Shauna) and I really don't want to deal with that again.

Years
  • She reads a lot; she reads a book about the legendaries and is intrigued. She becomes the professor's assistant to try to get more information on them. Typical pure young girl is then able to summon the legendary/knows so much about them and may be kidnapped/used by the evil team for that purpose. You save her, catch the legendary, and then she helps you, mostly through cheerleader support, clean up the evil team. I can just imagine this is how it will go.

I doubt she's the leader of the evil team--she's 10. I mean she'd have to be a literal genius to have figured out an entire plan and enact it with minions and the like at such a young age (because she would have had to start earlier). If anything, she's gonna be like Emma; starts with nothing but has the character to get things done. She could be an ally for the player against the evil team because of her strong dislike for battles.

The only other option I'd say is if this evil team pulls a REVERSE Team Plasma where they seem evil on the surface but the true leader's goals are purely good. And Lillie may be related to this leader.

Regardless, I have a strong feeling I won't like her. They're probably gonna try to shove her down our throats as a character we "just HAVE to like" (similar to Shauna) and I really don't want to deal with that again.
    So I noticed she's young looking, and you also seem to think so as you mentioned "she's 10". The official site says she's the same age as the players. Could the main characters be 12ish again like in OrAS and the other games that aren't Gen V or XY?

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    So I noticed she's young looking, and you also seem to think so as you mentioned "she's 10". The official site says she's the same age as the players. Could the main characters be 12ish again like in OrAS and the other games that aren't Gen V or XY?

It's because of that line, "she's the same age as the player," that I assume she's 10. The players look incredibly young, as does she. Some of the youngest we've had in a while, in my opinion.

And while young characters can definitely put in work for the story, I feel there's only so much they can do before it starts feeling like an anime cliché with "child (evil) genius" shenanigans.

Years
  • It's because of that line, "she's the same age as the player," that I assume she's 10. The players look incredibly young, as does she. Some of the youngest we've had in a while, in my opinion.

And while young characters can definitely put in work for the story, I feel there's only so much they can do before it starts feeling like an anime cliché with "child (evil) genius" shenanigans.

They sure are the youngest character's we have since Dawn and Lucas (not counting Ethan, Lyra, Brendan, and May). If they aren't young for their age then it's likely a return to the roots going on here for the 20th anniversary of Red and Green (and the 10th of Diamond and Pearl which aforementioned player characters).

I feel it might go that route, but then again we had Tate and Lisa who seem intelligent and yet are younger than twelve (Hoenn MC's age). You could also count Lucas/Dawn the assistant too. Hmm, a young assistant, we sure haven't seen one this young since Sinnoh. I feel a lot of sinnoh vibes going around. Funny enough Kalos as a region reminded me of Sinnoh, and Alola reminds me of Hoenn.

Adore

Party.
    Years
  • My guess is that she will either be very relevant to the plot or that one, obligatory character from the game that isn't developed as much as they could have been. Probably a second rival, though.

This is purely fantasy but I hope she quietly becomes a trainer, collects all of the badges, and becomes the Champion unbeknownst to the player until you battle the Elite Four. Not sure how they would pull that off writing-wise, but I think that would be a cool plot twist.

Years
  • If they could make Wally in ORAS from a pansy to an actual respectable trainer, I imagine this wouldn't be too difficult. :P
    This made me think that perhaps Hau will end up like the opposite sex rival did in the Hoenn games, with Lillie as the one we fight at the end of Victory road.

Adore

Party.
    Years
  • If they could make Wally in ORAS from a pansy to an actual respectable trainer, I imagine this wouldn't be too difficult. :P

You're right. If she's the professor's assistant she would probably get to travel a lot. In that case it wouldn't be hard for the writers to give her an additional reason to conveniently be near a gym.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • I don't think she'll be a rival since they took time to mention she isn't fond of battling or whatever.

Other than that, I really don't care about her. I couldn't care less about stuff we know next to nothing about, and that's exactly what Lillie is. I don't think this is helped by the fact she looks very similar to the Gen III Lady Trainer Class.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Of all the characters that have been shown so far I'm definitely liking her the most. Almost instantly I was thinking she will be the Champion due to her portrayal of having an important role and being very mysterious. Diantha was showcased in pretty much the same way so unless we have even more characters to learn about, then I'm surely thinking she will be Champion. 8)

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    After watching the Japanese Trailer, the Rotom Dex shows that the character has seen all 3 starters in the first town. This leaves me to believe there will still be a 2nd rival which may be the female.

If it is Lillie that would be pretty interesting to have the person who picks the starter strong to your starter being the person who's not that interested in battling.

Since Hau seems to pick the starter weak to yours.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Here's something out there (Mostly because the vague similarities between them are incredibly small and there are probably several things to contradict it). What if she's Magearna or connected to Magearna and she doesn't like making Pokemon battle because of the guilt she/Magearna may feel for introducing the mechanic of PokeBalls to humans since they effectively take away any will to escape of Pokemon that are captured.

Back