• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Little girl in the Old Chateau?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
    Years
    Theres A Man Aswell Isnt There

Then After You See Both The Rotom Apears

Thats What I Was Told

I Love Rotom

Erm.. Rotom appears after the national dex in Diamond and Pearl,
    or before it in Platinum. -shatters the moment-

Anyway, she's weird.

So is that butler dude that floats along.
    Has anyone noticed the eerie resemblance
    of the Old Chateau to the Pokemon Mansion?

I seriously think the Pokemon Mansion was
    located in Eterna Forest until those
    wandering ghosts (previously people) died. >_>

And mind informing us about the
    grim back-story of the Old Chateau,
    to the person who posted that?

Nothing's really THAT grim in Pokemon.
    She probably choked on a poffin or something.

Rain On Dem Foez

I make it rain
    Years
    • Age 38
    • L.A
    • Seen Jun 2, 2009
    Yeah, I went there in Platinum; there was nothing.
    They took it out. Perhaps it was scaring little children? :O
    I didn't see her at first, but if you enter and reenter the room, you will eventually see her. I did it a couple of times and she kept reappearing to the point where she stopped appearing.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Nope, it is still there. I saw both, there might be more of them in Platinum.

Rain On Dem Foez

I make it rain
    Years
    • Age 38
    • L.A
    • Seen Jun 2, 2009
    or she probably died in battle trying to save her own pokes, but couldn't make it to the Pokecenter because she didn't teach any of her pokes Cut :(

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I have also felt that it was the previous Pokemon Mansion, but had no evidence to back that up other than they look a bit similar. The building seems to go unmentioned from Rotom forward. They should definitely do something about that when they remake Gold and Silver. Maybe just a short informational text in a library or something.

As for the "Grim Story", I would love to hear the tale.

Cynic Kaka

Credentials.
    Years
    or she probably died in battle trying to save her own pokes, but couldn't make it to the Pokecenter because she didn't teach any of her pokes Cut :(

rofl xD

Bulbapedia: The Old Chateau (Japanese: もりのようかん Forest Manor) is an abandoned mansion near the exit of Eterna Forest. Inside one of its four bedrooms, there is a television, which, if looked at at night after obtaining the National Dex, will initiate a battle with the only obtainable Rotom in the game. HM01 (Cut) and, by extension, the Forest Badge are required to enter the Old Chateau.

Spirits of people seem to inhabit the Old Chateau: a little girl who appears in the last room in the hall if the player is in the room with eyes on the wall, and a butler who is seen when entering the dining hall on the first floor after checking the statue.

In Pokémon Platinum, it is implied that Charon used to live here, suggesting he is the old owner of the Old Chateau the map mentions.

There is nothing about a grim story. In other words, the poster is making it up. Sorry to spoil the fun. :(

For the original poster: The little girl in the anime has nothing to do with the little girl in the Old Chateau. The anime little girl episode is somewhere near Hearthome. The only episode that could have referred to the Old Chateau is the Mismagius one, since they were in Eterna Forest.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Bummer, I'd really like to know more about the Old Cheateu though.

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
    Years
    Okay. Im going to explore the Old Castle (not bothering with French)
    to shed more light on the facts of the place.

Current oddities:
    - Staring Painting
    - Gengar is in the staring painting room
    - You see girl when you enter Gengar/Painting room
    - Glaring statue
    - Rotom in the TV
    - antidote in the bin
    - Old Cake locked away in an empty room
    - Butler appearing at the grand table
    - Gardenia staring at the Old Castle
    - Gardenia asking if you visited the Old Castle in the Battlefield house
    - 3 Beds
    - TM Substitute in the room she was in
    - Empty Rooms/Not decorated neatly
    - Moving boxes (not literally moving, boxes FOR moving places)
    -Tonnes of books. tonnes.

Those are about everything I found.

---
    My conclusion:

Gardenia is obviously connected to this. She must be the occupant of
    one of the three beds. She seems so jumpy about the old castle, the way she
    stares it down and worries if you checked it. The little girl must be her sister.
    No, gardenia didn't murder her (hopefully). She's constantly wondering if you checked,
    hoping that her sister is still alive, and just wandering the halls.
    The butler obviously died in the kitchen. Someone poisoned him. Since he was the butler,
    he had to taste-test his masters' food, which probably had traces of poison, but he
    was clever. He carried an antidote around. Yet you find it in the garbage, why?
    As you may know, the Old Castle is now inhabited by mainly Gastly and Haunter,
    which are half poison. What about Gengar? What if someone ordered Gengar to steal the oxygen
    from the butler? this would be no problem, being a ghost and all... Here's where the moving boxes come in. People were moving into the Old Chateau, yet the master didn't allow Pokemon,
    so the trainer moving in stowed there beloved Gengar inside the painting which now
    inhabits the little girls room.. Or her previous one. Once you enter the Gengar room
    with 1 bed, you see the little girl next door. Why does she only appear when you enter
    that room? She doesn't want people barging into her room, people including new
    strangers moving in... The girl wanted to keep this room. It wasn't really hers,
    it was Gardenia's. Gardenia studied for hours, explaining the loads of books scattered
    across the mansion. Since there are only 3 beds, Gardenia must have moved out
    to practice her Gym Leader skills, right before the new little sister
    came into the world. Her sister defended Gardenia's room with her life. Literally.
    Her parents, the masters, acknowledged the fact that Gardenia was gone, for a while now,
    so they didn't care about the room any more. Her little sister held on to it
    using all her energy. Eventually, she got tossed into the empty room next door by the
    uninvited guests and got locked inside. This is how she died. She suffered from starvation and oxygen depletion in this disgusting empty room, and left to rot. She died in place of Gardenia,
    thus leading to the TM Substitute which emerged from her rotten body. The new
    movers were after something valuable and rare: The Old Gateau
    This was a common dish in this household, and it was very valuable and rare to see
    outside of this house. It was very important to, since it was known to cure
    diseases or illnesses (to pokemon, it cures status problems). The masters were on to them. They knew there was only one Old Cake left. They knew the butler was gone.
    They knew the daughter was gone. They knew the visitor killed them. They knew they were next.
    of course, they wouldn't just let the visitor take their cherished and last famous recipe,
    so they wouldn't go down without a fight. Eventually, they ended up losing... their lives.
    The glaring statue is now the father, who watches over the house and remembers
    anyone who enters the house. The mother is now the one who guards the rooms
    and the people with in them - she is Rotom.

Extra guesses:
    Gardenia was eventually going to return to the house, but seeing her family gone...
    Knowing they wouldn't go down and lose without a battle.. This is what
    motivated her to stick with her duty as a Gym Leader. She choose grass pokemon.
    Green is the colour of life. The lives she's missing and the lives she had missed.
    She favours the pokemon of green, for one day, she hopes they will bring
    her loved ones back.
    Charon is the creator of the electrical appliances Rotom can
    take over. Perhaps he somehow turned the mother into an electircal spirit
    (implying he was the uninvited guest). She almost defeated him, but he won in the end.
    So, he made those appliances to humiliate her. Washing machine, Refrigerator, Lawn Mower, etc.
    All to say "Stick to what girls do", implying that she shouldn't be battling. She should be
    moving the lawn, or buying food, or washing dishes, etc.

---

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I targeted everything on the list
    with that small guess :P There's still doubt, though. ^_^

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
    As for the "Grim Story", I would love to hear the tale.

That would be quite hard. How am I supposed to translate Japanese text from a video game?

I should also include that I got this information from my friend. My friend has a friends who's father actually works
    for the Pokemon Company. The father lives here, in the U.S., but takes many trips to Japan for work when it is needed.

However, I can't always trust him with information such as this.

Supposedly, according to my friend, in the Old Chaeteu in Platinum, not only can you find the ghosts of the little
    girl and butler, you can find the mother and father in the room with the two beds. Also, he said you can find the killer
    where the Dread Plate is found. Unfortunatly, it is "very rare" to find the parents and the killer.

He also told me that the story of Rotom ties in with this event.

As I said before, I'm not sure this is reliable information. So please do not flame me...

Aww, that sucks, Im gonna remember it always! T.T I still like the red eyed painting though.
    Shadow said:
    Yeah, I went there for Rotom in Platinum. Did a full sweep of the house and only saw the girl (and the TM for Substitute), that red-eyed painting, and Gastly.

Sorry, I as wrong. This is still avaiable in Platinum. The girl and the butler can still be seen.

Last edited:

LugiaFreak

Years
    I never saw the butler, but the first time I went into the Old Chateau I saw the little girl. She exited the room as soon as I went into the one next to hers... and I tried to follow her to talk to her, but she was just... gone. I freaked and ran outta the Old Chateau like I was being chased by bears. XD Never gone back in since. O_O

Edit: ...It's about 11:30 PM right now, and I've been reading through this thread. I'm sitting in the computer room, which is different from my own bedroom... so I'm gonna have to leave sometime... the door is behind me... but I'm scared to turn around now. O_O

Why did I keep reading this thread...? D:

Last edited:

Lightey

The Night Owl
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2016
    Guys, you happen to know that this is a just a glitch right?

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    The ghosts freaked me out the first time I saw them.
    Maybe theres new ghosts in Platinum XD

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
    Years
    *shrugs* Eh, I always just thought the little girl died on accident or the butler accidently killed her with an Old Gateau that was made wrong. He then killed himself for killing her.

As for the parents, I have no freakin' clue, but I like the statue theory that it is the father. The reason why Rotom is there, because it is dark and gloomy, and ghost Pokemon like those kind of places.

The mother could be the red eye painting, but I think that it is a Gengar.

Pjskat

Ludi! Ludi! Colo! Colo!
    Years
    *gaspeth*
    The Old Chateau is my favorite place to go in the game!
    It's so creepy and awesome!
    I visit the ghosts religiously, because I just love getting freaked out. ^_^

This is a story I heard about the place:
    The Old Chateau is where Gardenia used to live. Her grandfather (the ghostly old man) was going to make her little sister (the ghostly little girl) the Gym Leader of Eterna City. Gardenia was so jealous and angry, she went into the kitchen and made a poison, then put it in the dinner that night, leaving her plate untouched. She then threw the antidote away. (Hence, the Antidote item in the trash can) Her little sister and grandfather perished, and Gardenia became Gym Leader.

And one more:
    The eerie painting upstairs is where a Gengar enjoys hiding. The little girl who lived there (ghostly little girl) lived in the room where the painting was. One day, she went up close to the painting to look at it, and the Gengar stared right back. The girl was hypnotised, then snatched away and the Gengar transformed and took her place. (Hence, the TM Substitute) The Gengar then killed the little girl's grandfather/butler, and the ghosts of the two continue to haunt the house, while the Gengar still remains inside the painting.
    Don't you think that what you said is a bit too violenty for it to be true? I mean c'mon This is Nintendo not Sony or Microsoft... (They really don't care for the ESRB!)

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2009
    Charon seems to know a lot about rotom, and its even more weird when rotom lives inside the old chateau
    the note: "something peculiar should make off with the motor"
    i didnt understand this note
    was it the butler running away?
    or was it gardenia?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back