• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Longest playtime?

Years
  • I topped out the clock on my white game. I would say roughly 400-450 of that was just trading or cloning for trading. The rest was game play, breeding, battling, that sort of stuff.
    Pokemon is the only video game I play still so whenever one comes out, I fully engulf myself in the games. I think I topped out the clock on my diamond game too. And that was before I knew about any of this online stuff.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm at nearly 300 hours in my Pearl version. That was my main version, where I spent a lot of time breeding, training, and trading a lot of Pokemon.

My Black 2 game was getting up there, but it was my Pearl's time that made me sit back and stare at my DS screen.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • Diamond version had 999:59, and I played it well beyond the limit, too. It was the first pokemon game I owned in years (since Stadium 1 and Snap), so I couldn't have enough fun with it. :)

Pokemon X will likely reach 999:59 too at this rate. I currently have 440 hours, but there's so much more I want to breed. :D

Years
  • My X version has my longest playtime of 96:02. A lot of that has been racked up recently with my Pokedex grinding.

Usually I don't do a lot of the post-game material. Before X, I always got bored and restarted. Luckily, when the games came out I had extra money so I was able to get Y as well, which I use as my "restart" game.

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
  • Ok, this may sound near impossible, but.... here goes nothing.

1000+ hours on Black.
    I'm trying to get a full box of shiny Magikarps, and Stunfisks. Don't ask. I have an idea.

I'm also trying to complete the pokedex. I CAN'T GET A PAWNIARD TO EVOLVE. I have like 13 of them all at near lv70 and yet they don't evolve. I don't know why. **** you Bisharp. I'm just kidding.... I love you..

I'm also trying to get a perfect battling team. Lots of EV reduction berries, breeding, training, dittos, etc. etc.... you get where this is going.

If anyone else has 1000+ hours played on a game, did yours stop counting on 999:59? Mine did. It won't go higher. At one point it reset and I was at 0:00, and it wouldn't go up. Then one day, it went back to 999:59. Everything is kinda glitchy in that game, also. Some tiles don't appear right, some poke centers play no music, sometimes it just freezes, I've seen wailords appear in grass, alright. I have broken this game.

That totals to like 41 days. Yeah. Adding all my pokemon times together, I might have nearly 200 days. So.... yeah... thats a thing.

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2015
    I have 347 hours on X and 279 hours on Y, but I'm probably gonna reset Y soon.

pastel_fallout

Sayounara
    Years
  • Hmm... In 1st place would probably be SoulSilver at 443 hours.
    2nd place would be Sapphire with 247 hours...
    And 3rd would be Red with 79 hours.

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
    Years
  • With Emerald at the most with a total of 1510 hours! (It was a childhood game, its been awhile)

Next is SoulSilver with a good 230 hours!
    Then last is black and white 2 with 104 hours.

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
    Years
  • 1758 Hours in my Fire Red

952 Hours in my Emerald

1527 Hours in Heart Gold

927 Hours in Platinum

A Collective 1285 Hours in White and White 2

Currently 570 Hours on Y

I probably clocked in almost 2000 Hours each on my original Red and Gold Versions but since both cartridges have run out of juice, there's just no way to tell.

Last edited:

Noir

Sir Lucious Left Foot
    Years
  • Diamond was definitely beyond 1000 hours since that was the generation where I started really getting into breeding and competitive battling. Next is probably Emerald with 300~ish, then Y with 273 hours.

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • My longest playtime is my Platinum that sits at over 400 hours. Then I have a couple of games with 150ish hours. Platinum still has the most hours by far, though.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I am currently at 547:43 in my White version. I took a long time completing the main story and had about 120ish hours when I did. And now I just play a lot and have done a ton of trading and battling. Plus just goofing off on it and not completing the post game lol.

My second longest is HeartGold with over 220 hours. It's also me just procrastinating to finish the Kanto post-game. lol

Demon Days

Element of Magic
    Years
  • Around 250 hours with Diamond. Might've been Emerald though (long since deleted my original save). If it was, it would've clocked 300-450 hours.

Burakki Tsuki

Now playing Pokemon again! :D
    Years
  • The longest playtime was over 200 hours on Yellow. Was first Pokemon game and GameBoy game that I ever had. I had reset it and then didn't play it much until I got Silver. Cant remember how much on that one exactly but it was around 100 although I enjoyed it far more before resetting it also.

Elements1

Meh
    Years
  • I have 299.51 on Y currently, which is also my highest. Firered comes next with 250 hours on it, due to completing the pokedex.

PokeGeisha

Breeder and CompetitiveTrainer
    Years
  • My longest is Pokemon X. In the previous games I didn't know to much about the online community so I just played through the story :) maxed out time in X 999:59

Back