• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Longest playtime?

MadKing

The only verdict is Vengeance.
Years
  • *Approximately
    Yellow = 430hrs
    Crystal = 510hrs
    Emerald = 330hrs
    FireRed = 750hrs
    Black = 400hrs
    I didn't like the 4th gen games at all besides SS/HG, but neither of them reached 100hrs.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    My longest playtime is 178:54

Of course I started playing the game when it came out and am still playing it off and on, I have 15 badges on it and 121 Pokemon owned.

orangeralts21

Newfound Respect for Wobbuffet
    Years
  • I mostly stop playing after the E4, but sometimes I spend a lot of time messing around. Once I clocked around 270 in Crystal.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • I think the longest playthrough I've had is Leaf Green at about 200h.

Aside that, Crystal was about 100h, White 2 is 120h, Black is 80h, X is around 80h right now... I've had every Pokemon game, but not sure since it was so long ago lol

I haven't even beaten Leaf Green yet :X I've caught every Pokemon possible in that version (apart legendaries) and I leveled them all to Level 60 or so. I don't even use 90% of them, but I was OCD at that point lol

Years
  • Easily X and Y with over 300 hours plus, it's the most time I've spent on a Pokemon game. It follows that this generation has been the most enjoyable for me since Generation II.

999:59 on HeartGold.

I have over 700 hours on both X and Y. Most of those hours I spent trading.

That's impressive. My HeartGold would be longer if I didn't reset the game to replay it. I've done three playthroughs of the same cartridge.

Years
  • 300ish hours in Sapphire. Proud! Did so many things from catching funny-looking Spindas to mixing records with my Ruby/a friend for hidden bases that I could battle. Oh, and contests were a huge time sucker too. \(^▽^@)ノ

X is coming close though, 290 hours on it.

Kotetsu

バンパイア
    Years
  • Around 510 hours on Pokémon Ruby. Back in the day, me and my friends played literally every day, battling each other.

Euphoric

Indefatigable
    Years
  • I think ~160 hours on Diamond, ~120 hours on White, and ~80 on Emerald. I have X but I haven't spent THAT much on it, mostly because postgame sucks and breeding bores me.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I think my highest total is in Diamond, with around 450 hours. I think I spent a lot of time training, completing my Pokedex, trading, etc. I might also have fallen asleep with it on a couple of times, as I'm surprised that the counter is that high.

As for the fastest rate of adding time to a game, I have about 230 hours on X. I used to play much more frequently before the semester started, but since the beginning of February, I think I've only put on about 30 hours.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    On my pearl version, I racked up over 700 hours and I'm not even sure how! Lol, but it was the first game I began playing competitively.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • My highest was over 700 hours in my Pokemon Gold version. I was breeding an army of baby pokemon, mostly Magby and Totodile that I wanted to get to level 100. And I was seeing how many times I could beat the Elite 4 before the Hall of Fame thing stopped working. I got up to 212 and then like 3 times after that it said 212 but then switched to 213 on the 4th time after.

Cilicica

Ghost Type Lover ~~
    Years
  • I'm somewhere in the 700s (maybe even 800s) on Platinum but that's because I also let my siblings use it so it wasn't just me contributing to the play time.
    I'm in the 600s I believe in Black and that was actually mostly me, but I also let my brother play on it a lot as well.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • About 200 hours on Diamond, and maybe 300 something on Platinum. That was, before I lost both games. I spent a lot of time just exploring and, well, catchin em' all.

Back