• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lord of the Rings

Ice demon

All purpose cleaner ^^
    Years
    Well i am a big LoTR fan and what not and after seeing that there are others here like me in an earlier post i decided to make a thread dealing with questions that might arise in the books and the movie.
    For instant what is "Telperion" that aragorn refered to when he found the seedling of the white tree in the return of the king[book]in chapter titled THE STEWARD AND THE KING.
    Or who is Saurons master or even where did Galadriel come from??
    I don't know all about Tolkien and his books and i hope to learn more through this thread.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Check the index in ROTK, it lists Telperion in the "Things" index. ^_^ You may be able to make more sense of the information than I can. XD

Aimy

Goddess-Second Class
    Years
    I thought Morgoth (or wat's his name) is Sauron's master in the first age, Galadriel came from Valinor in the (or before) First Age didn't she? She went with the other elves to get the Sim...(just how do you spell that word) um ok the name for those 3 jewels that some elf guy created which Morgoth stole.

punkie90

You can call me PK!
    Years
    Hmm. A thread about LoTR! * Try's to get friend to join * My friend loves LoTR! But he doesn't read the books. Plus he is a slow reader!

Aimy

Goddess-Second Class
    Years
    I've read all three of LOTR books (well ok my mum got them for me since I was really into Legolas and all that...used to have a website about him...) And that other book called The Silma-something ok it's a long word! I didn't read the whole thing though, just picked out good parts like Glorfindel vs Balrog and other parts.

igtica

Mmmm....Cheesecake
    Years
    Read the simarillion, it tells you everything! The white tree goes back as a it is linked to those in the land where the elves sail back too, but this is all too complex to explain. Reason why and where they go is all in the simarillion. Sauron was lieutenant to one of the valar (Melkor), who brought elves into shadow that did not listen to another valar and made them the moriqueyna (orcs). Again this is all in the simarillion. Galadriel is daughter of some of the elves that stayed in middle earth, that's how she came to be. Again in the simarillion. lol what can I say! READ THE SIMARILLION! It's a great read! Plus you'll learn about Valar, the beginning of elves men, dwarves and all of Ea from Iluvatar's song and so much more.

Last edited:

100marios

Reigning Dork Champion of PC
    Years
    I couldn't of said it better myself Igtica! Really hehe. I don't own the silmarillion, (I would like to get it though!) but I do know a bit about it.
    ....oh...and for those who read the Lord of the Rings books, have you seen anywhere in it that stated that Aragorn is 87? My dad read the books 4 times in his life and never crossed anything about it either. I bet it is in the silmarillion though.....yay! I saw the movie again on saturday! I want to see it again!

igtica

Mmmm....Cheesecake
    Years
    100marios said:
    I couldn't of said it better myself Igtica! Really hehe. I don't own the silmarillion, (I would like to get it though!) but I do know a bit about it.
    ....oh...and for those who read the Lord of the Rings books, have you seen anywhere in it that stated that Aragorn is 87? My dad read the books 4 times in his life and never crossed anything about it either. I bet it is in the silmarillion though.....yay! I saw the movie again on saturday! I want to see it again!
    If you look in the appendix it explains a timeline of events. Remember Numenor are rare, but can live longer than the usual man...that being what Aragorn is (lol have you seen the two towers extended edition, poor eowyn).

John Denver

Banned
    Years
    There are LOTR Books? Do they follow the movie good? :D:D:D

Just kidding, i know there are books...but

X---SPOILERS---X

in the end of the lotr books I heard that frodo died. but in Return of TK he is saved by gandalf...is this true? Did jackson do this cause he thought frodo dying would be too IMMENSE!!

hmm, I dunno

BOO ya!

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    No, Frodo does not die in the books. o_o; He doesn?t wrestle Gollum though like he does in the movie.

100marios

Years
    igtica said:
    If you look in the appendix it explains a timeline of events. Remember Numenor are rare, but can live longer than the usual man...that being what Aragorn is (lol have you seen the two towers extended edition, poor eowyn).
    Yeah I saw it in the extended, Aragorn poured it all over his hand hehe....ouch, I guess Eowyn isn't known for her cooking. At least Aragorn liked the drink she gave him in Rotk! I knew he was one of the Numenor though, proving that hey, I know something about Lotr!..............yeah! I wanna see it again!

Ice demon

All purpose cleaner ^^
    Years
    I know i LOVE the Silmarillion it is one of my most favorite books - i read it 4 times.
    Oh by the way igtica the word is moriquendi [dark elves] and it doesn't refer to orcs but to elves that didn't go to Valinor in the time of the Trees and never saw the light before the sun and moon.So they are called dark elves -Sindar, nandor [not noldor] , laiquendi, eglath, falathrim [Cirdain].However u are correct in stating that orcs were originally elves who were captured by Melkor, but their name is not Morquendi.

By the way the questions i posted are examples of questions not really questions ^_^.I guess i should have stated that 0_o.

igtica

Mmmm....Cheesecake
    Years
    Ice demon said:
    I know i LOVE the Silmarillion it is one of my most favorite books - i read it 4 times.
    Oh by the way igtica the word is moriquendi [dark elves] and it doesn't refer to orcs but to elves that didn't go to Valinor in the time of the Trees and never saw the light before the sun and moon.So they are called dark elves -Sindar, nandor [not noldor] , laiquendi, eglath, falathrim [Cirdain].However u are correct in stating that orcs were originally elves who were captured by Melkor, but their name is not Morquendi.

By the way the questions i posted are examples of questions not really questions ^_^.I guess i should have stated that 0_o.
    lol would have helped. Hey those which were left in the dark (moriquendi) are all those that didn't go to Valinor like you stated, I like to remember the orcs as part of them as they the missing part as they were left behind also. lol just my own mind works, though in truth sense you can't relate to them, I know as they are no longer elves, as they are a seperate race (lol biology revision reminds me of this when a species has the same origin but are changed by their enviroment so much that they can no longer ...umm yeah shut up with that)...it's just my own attachment to them as the 'forgotten' elves. It was never their fault...*sniff* they were tortured by Melkor and became so disfigured. I think the creation of dwarves as kinda sad, as it was like a mistake, and so they had to be hidden away in a sleep until the 'true' children of Iluvatar came about. I think they should have been left to go free, as technically they are the first race of Ea (bar the Valar), just weren't allowed to exisit till the elves (and then the men) came to be.

Aimy

Goddess-Second Class
    Years
    100marios said:

I thought Aragorn was more than a hundred when he joined in the Fellowship... well that's what I've heard somewhere...

H.A.W.K.

You can fly with me!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 24, 2004
    At least he look's like it. But I don't think he is over 100 years old though. that would be weird!

Aimy

Goddess-Second Class
    Years
    Numoreans (can't spell) live longer than average people, and Aragorn is a descendent of those people so it can happen.

Ice demon

All purpose cleaner ^^
    Years
    Yes it is sad that the orcs were tortured elves...*sniff* but i guess Melkor paid for his acts.As for dwarfs i din't particularly feel sorry for them as they were created directly from the mind of the Valar[Aule] who rules over their crafts of stone work and who they love.It is how they would have wanted it i think.It was however immposible for them to go free and at least they would have awoken after the Valar's first war against Melkor for the elves sake.

Aragorn i don't think was over 100 but i could be wrong as i have not read LoTR for a long time.
    The word is Numenoreans and they did live longer as it was a gift for their labours in the first age.
    How about ents are u not sad for them????
    I love Telperion and don't like Laurelin. ^_^.

Aimy

Goddess-Second Class
    Years
    The ents lives a VERY VERY long life, Tolkien actually got the idea from Shakespeare's play Macbeth, it tells of a forest going to kill this evil king or something but Shakespeare made the humans using tree branch disguises to be the walking forest and Tokien got really pissed since he wanted to see real trees moving about and he made the ents.

100marios

Years
    Aimy said:
    The ents lives a VERY VERY long life, Tolkien actually got the idea from Shakespeare's play Macbeth, it tells of a forest going to kill this evil king or something but Shakespeare made the humans using tree branch disguises to be the walking forest and Tokien got really pissed since he wanted to see real trees moving about and he made the ents.
    Never heard of that hehe. The ents are as old as Middle-Earth itself so they know many things about it. For those of you who read the books, they made a list, or song, about every living thing in Middle-Earth. They had no idea that hobbits existed until Merry and Pippin showed up......funny, although Pippin wasn't all too bright in the books, he hardly has any common sense in the movies hehe. His heart is in the right place in both of them though! *smiles*

Back