• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lord of the Rings

Crucifer of the Darkness

The Quiet One
    Years
    y is it nobody mentions that one book, uh...Unfinished Tales? It has a crap load of information on stuff that's really not described in great detail, like the Palantir and such. Great source of information for those of us that have dreams to write their own Epic...like me! =D

Ice demon

All purpose cleaner ^^
    Years
    I have read the unfinished tales and it is a good source of ideas and inspiration.I don't think i like the idea of a theatrical LoTR as i think it will have no choice but to cut out large parts of the book which would mean it could never fully do the book justice.However i like the theater so i guess it would not be that bad.

100marios

Reigning Dork Champion of PC
    Years
    Ice demon said:
    I have read the unfinished tales and it is a good source of ideas and inspiration.I don't think i like the idea of a theatrical LoTR as i think it will have no choice but to cut out large parts of the book which would mean it could never fully do the book justice.However i like the theater so i guess it would not be that bad.
    You haven't seen the movies!!!!???
    YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE MISSING!!!
    The movies are awesome!!! Although they do have to cut out some parts, they are usually parts that aren't exactly necessary to the storyline.
    They're my all-time favorite movies, and chances are, always will be!
    *Wants to go see Rotk for the 3rd time hehe*

Ice demon

All purpose cleaner ^^
    Years
    100marios u misunderstood what i meant.I am talking about the theatre not the movies.And i did see all the movies just as they came out - i may love the books but i still am not one of those people who wouldn't go to see the movie.The theatrical production would not be long enough to fully do justice to the book.

100marios

Years
    Ice demon said:
    100marios u misunderstood what i meant.I am talking about the theatre not the movies.And i did see all the movies just as they came out - i may love the books but i still am not one of those people who wouldn't go to see the movie.The theatrical production would not be long enough to fully do justice to the book.
    Oh, good, I was about to say! The movies are excellent, but I have to agree with you on the length. Didn't the battle of Pelennor Fields last for a couple of days? Or weeks? It seems rather impossible to fit it in one movie, but they did a tremendously good job for the time they had. A lot, although they won't show them all, of the scenes fom the extended edition should help the overall
    movie be more like the book, like the past extended editions.

igtica

Mmmm....Cheesecake
    Years
    The movies are wonderful Ice demon! I would really put them down if they didn't live up to it. It has to be the only version of anything that doesn't make my fave character really ugly.

100marios

Years
    igtica said:
    The movies are wonderful Ice demon! I would really put them down if they didn't live up to it. It has to be the only version of anything that doesn't make my fave character really ugly.
    Who? Legolas?
    Hehe....
    They did a good job picking out the actors. Ian McKellen fit Gandalf's part perfectly! Along with everyone else and their parts!

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Nov 27, 2009
    100marios said:
    Who? Legolas?
    Hehe....
    They did a good job picking out the actors. Ian McKellen fit Gandalf's part perfectly! Along with everyone else and their parts!

Yeah, the casting was absolutely perfect. Each character was exactly as I'd imagined them. ^_^

John Denver

Banned
    Years
    AHHHHHHHHHH!!! is the same in every language...

Well as far as LOTR goes, you need to read the books to fully grasp the movie. I haven't read any of the books and I was confused in the end of Return of the King when the eagles came...

But now I know...muwahahahahaha!

oh yes

just gimme your BOO ya!

latios tamer

i hate pokemon
    Years
    • Age 32
    • N/A
    • Seen Oct 14, 2005
    i have a question, i beat the rotk gameboy game but it didnt give me the characture, why not ??

Oh, good, I was about to say! The movies are excellent, but I have to agree with you on the length. Didn't the battle of Pelennor Fields last for a couple of days? Or weeks? It seems rather impossible to fit it in one movie, but they did a tremendously good job for the time they had. A lot, although they won't show them all, of the scenes fom the extended edition should help the overall
    movie be more like the book, like the past extended editions.
    not only that but did you know that the last aliance battle lasted for months

Last edited:

Ice demon

All purpose cleaner ^^
    Years
    Please tell me u'll are still not confused!!!!
    I mean a THEATRICAL production - like opera...........not the movies.I love the movies and would have to agree they were well casted - especially Gandalf.......
    The theatrical productions can only be 3hrs max and so i think it would not be long enough to show the books fully.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    I feel the war scenes in The Return of The King are really well. They're awesome. :)

igtica

Mmmm....Cheesecake
    Years
    lol soz about the confuzzle! Oooo Gandalf! Sir Ian McKellen is so fantastic! I can't believe I ot my question awnsered by him :D:D:D:D:D

igtica

Mmmm....Cheesecake
    Years
    Ice demon said:
    What!!!!!!!, How?????What question did u ask????
    lol scifi.com do inverviews with different stars from time to time. I was there for the 2nd andy serkis one too ^_^ Though it's so hard to get your qu's in. It's just luck. I didn't get mine (and neither did my friend)asked in the AS one and there were only 60 peeps in the room, whilst we both got our qu's asked in the SIM one ^_^ you can see in the transcript too. An easy way to get it is to actually type me into google and it's on the second page.

100marios

Years
    GGRRR!!! I'M SO MAD!!
    My dad called us over to see something on the computer a while ago, and you wouldn't believe what I saw.
    I saw the trailer for "The Hobbit"!
    While I was watching it though, they used many of the same scenes that were from FotR. And when I saw Smaug, he didn't look all too good. I started to wonder weather it was made by Peter Jackson, but, suprisingly enough, it said it was. I was disappointed when I saw that it was coming out on December 19, 2006, but I was even more disappointed wheb my dad told me this....
    THE TRAILER WAS A FAKE!
    I forgot the address, but there's a fake Hobbit trailer roaming around the internet. I want to throttle the people who made it and tricked me!!
    Grr!!....hehe...

Ice demon

All purpose cleaner ^^
    Years
    Thats cool igtica i will check it out
    Thanks for the video Images....
    So what was ur fav part of the movies?????
    I don't have one put i really liked the Battle of the Pelennor Feilds[like most people ^_^]..........
    Or even the books - what is ur favorite part?

Back