• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lost Memories (PG-16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
  • Name: Charlotte "Charlie" Anna Dawson

Specialization: Melee

Weapons: Hand-and-a-Half sword (primary), Shield (Defensive, but also used as a weapon where appropriate)

Personality: The difficulty with describing Charlie's personality is that she doesn't really have one fixed way of being. This is not to say that she is schizophrenic or has any such personality disorder, rather that her personality is best described as 'adaptive' or 'pragmatic' - rather than showing herself in any kind of light in a new situation, Charlie will remain subdued until she had effectively gauged the situation and the other actors within it and then she will act accordingly. Some would argue that this makes Charlie 'fake' - that she will not reveal her real self in any situation, rather she will reveal a version of herself that she deems appropriate.

She had always been this way, ever since before anyone could remmeber. Even with her own parents Charlie was often reserved and a little shy, although they could be said to be the only people to ever see the 'real' Charlie beyond the various faces presented to the world.

The 'real' Charlie is a bright girl who all too easily is shocked by the darker side of the world. Not that she is exposed to it often, to say that her life is plighted by darkness and tragedy would be misleading and a downright falsification, but she tends to take more notice of these things than others around her - so any kind of negative situation that Charlie encounters - from someone's property being stolen to the one time she saw someone being attacked in broad daylight - will trouble her but she is talented at keeping these feelings to herself and hiding behind one of her many sides.

Appearance: Charlie is of average height for a girl her age, around 5'6/5'7 and is of very slender build, with the clothes she wears one would say she has an athletic, boyish figure, but she does have curves that she generally prefers to conceal, particularly for training purposes. Perhaps conflicting with her whole figure, she has waist-length dark brown that falls straight - she has side bangs but she prefers to keep them held back from her face with a simple brown headband. Her face is feminine and her features are pretty - wide dark green eyes, thick eyelashes and pink lips - but her expression is usually somber and doesn't show them off as well if she cracked a smile every so often.

In terms of clothing, Charlie has very masculine tastes - she prefers loose trousers and tank tops that are easy to train in, almost like a Karate Gi, in warm, earthy tones such as browns, beiges, black and white - basically shades that she can easily wear together and don't attract too much attention to herself. These clothes have to be easy to move in as she trains often and doesn't see the appeal of having different clothes for her everyday busines and her training, preferring to be able to train whenever she feels the urge rather than having to change before she can

Who she remembers: Her best friend from home, Lara

MasterLink742

Memento Mori
    Years
  • SkyisUmbreon, SelenaStar, and CyBeastSaber are accepted!

Quick side note, I want to make sure everyone understands this. The person you remember, isn't actually remembered. You remember that they were there, but not who they were. For example, Link remembers a girl from his past who he knows is extremely important to him, but, for the life of him, he can't remember anything about her.

Last edited:

IDoLikeMudkip

Master of Nothing
    Years
  • Looking between the number of open spots and the number of reservations there seems to be one open. I would like to make a reservation with a SU coming up shortly.

--Edit--
    And here is the much anticipated SU.

Name: Rodney "Rod" Harison

Specialization: Melee

Weapons: Two Handed Sword

Personality:
    Rod is reckless. He thirsts for excitement and will achieve it any way he possibly can. This included picking fights whenever he could. Rod developed an "I'm tougher than you" attitude and chose to show at every chance he could. Unfortunately this got him into a lot of trouble at school. Rod was suspended many times but never got expelled, even though it was threatened every other time. This was due, in part, to his charm. When Rod is around those who know him well he is able to talk his way out of almost anything. On the other hand, with those who Rod just met, it comes off as arrogance. He has a small anger problem. It's not that he flies off the handle at the smallest agitation, but rather the small things add up. Rod bottles his annoyances so when it becomes too much he explodes.

Offsetting this, Rod has found solace in some of the finer points of life. His loyalty to his close friends is unparallelled. Rod probably won't take a blow for them, but he will definitely knock someones lights out if they try to threaten them. His loyalty comes at a price though. Rod is not very outgoing and breaking though his shell takes one of two things. First, would be being thrust into contact like being put into a study group where he had to talk to people. Second, would be months of someone else coming to him, someone else putting in the effort to establish contact, only then would he feel comfortable to become close with them.

Rod relishes the fight. It's excitement, it's adrenaline though his system, it's almost indescribable. Rod would rather strike first and ask questions later, and as such he has burned a lot of bridges on his journey. When Rod gets the first taste of his fight "fix" it is almost impossible to get him to stop. Rod will keep on going until whoever or whatever he is fighting is no more. This lack of self-control has led Rod to almost killing a couple of people during fights, and he would have done it too if someone hadn't stepped in.

Appearance:
    Rod is not the tallest guy in the pack. Standing at 6' even and weighing in at 135 pounds he doesn't stand out much. In fact the sword he carries slung across his back is more intimidating them him. With his sleight build it almost seems impossible for him to wield it. But what is not seen is that Rod's sleight stature is mostly toned muscle. Not like the bulging pecks of a body builder, it is almost impossible to see but Rod is strong despite not being ripped. His face shows his age, it simply shines with youth but has enough definition to say he has some years behind it. Rod dyed his short hair a midnight blue and wears it in spikes whenever he is in public. Rod has no facial hair except a well trimmed soul patch. His eyes are a dark brown, that at the same time command a level of respect and shine with friendliness. His nose is slightly crooked from being broken a number of times and points down to his thin mouth which conceals a glowing smile. He also bears a scar going from right cheek to chin from a fight were the opponent unexpectedly pulled a knife.

Rod normally wears woodland camouflage print cargo pants, which some of the pockets contain very basic weapons, like brass knuckles and a pocket knife. He likes his short sleeved T-shirts and wears colors like black and red. He has a stud piercing in his right ear and a silver chain necklace bearing a gold symbol of a skull and crossed swords. His black sneakers are covered in white skulls, a few of which have been stained red from blood from fights, and scuffs hinting at the intensity of the fights.

Additional Information: Nope.

Who do you remember?: Thai, his best friend whom was the balance to Rod's recklessness. If he weren't Rod's best friend Thai would have been viewed as an obstacle to Rod's "fix".

Last edited:

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
    Years
  • I just edited my signup. I added a bit more to my character's personality, and a little bit more to his appearance. I also added some additional info.

MasterLink742

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I am too.

I start school tomorrow, so updates will slow down a little bit. Just wanted to let everyone know.

I am giving chef30 until I get home tomorrow to fix her SU. She was the first to reserve a spot, and is the last to finish her SU. Hopefully, we will be able to start by... I'm gonna say Saturday.

Oh and the OOC thread will hopefully be up soon. All SU's will be found there, and I encourage you to use it for, you know, OOC chat...

A Monocled Hawk

Like A Boss
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2012
    I am too.

I start school tomorrow, so updates will slow down a little bit. Just wanted to let everyone know.
    Same here, I can't wait for this to start. :')

Also school starts for me as well so my replies will, naturally, be late as well. If anything changes I will let you know.

grooveturtle

Turtle Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2013
    Spoiler:

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
    Years
  • How do you edit the title? Or can you even?

OOC goes here now: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=260178

Uhhhhh.... If I remember you'd have to ask a Mod to change it... (I have been off PC for a long while and so I don't remember all the duties and powers of the Mods as of now.) Anyway if you ask Red, I'm sure he can alter it for you. (Yes, I know I should post in the OOC thread but this is somewhat of a bump as well. 8D Will be the last.)

EDIT!!!! Forgot, it was Skymin. xDDDD (Don't spear me... X.X) But yeah.... ask Skymin.

@Michaela But but.... Red's info clearly states 'male' otherwise... We've been HAD! *O* Not that it's a bad thing.... Maybe.

Last edited:

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
  • Uhhhhh.... If I remember you'd have to ask a Mod to change it... (I have been off PC for a long while and so I don't remember all the duties and powers of the Mods as of now.) Anyway if you ask Red, I'm sure he can alter it for you. (Yes, I know I should post in the OOC thread but this is somewhat of a bump as well. 8D Will be the last.)

RHCP isn't the mod anymore...And I think RHCP is a girl, although I could be wrong. Someone told me she was a girl, so...

Edit: Ah...Er...Um...DON'T KILL ME WONDERFUL GM?

MasterLink742

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Part One
    A New World

As the group steps away from the beach, the chests slowly fade from existance. The sun is high in the cloudless sky. There is a gentle breeze coming from the ocean, balancing out the heat from the sun. The temperature is perfect. In front of you, lays a worn dirt road, leading a ways into the distant hills. At the end of the road, on top of a hill there seem to be some houses.

To the right of the road is flat grassy plains. Off in the distance, there is a tall and mighty plateau. The lands leading up to it are full of tall and beautiful trees, longing to be climbed. The grass closer to the roads seems to be trimmed, while the farther away you get from the road, the taller the grass gets. To the point where you could lose yourself in it.

The left side goes out for about 30 feet before going into a steep decline. The view is phenomenal. The whole valley is untouched by man. Not a single tree in the vast forest has been disturbed. The forest in the valley stretches on for acres, interrupted only by a river splitting the valley into two halves.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter One
    The beginning

It's been a long day Link thought as he got off the phone with Jennifer. He was happy he still kept in touch with his best friend. Most people don't...

Link was one who always tried to help people. If he couldn't help someone it made him feel almost useless. He had been trying to help Jennifer with some problems, but he couldn't find the right words. His mood dampened, he said he needed to go, and ended the conversation.

He brushed his teeth, and stepped into his room. He did need to get to sleep, but he just wanted to think. Not changing into pajamas, nor even taking of his shoes, he let himself fall backwards onto his bed. But it was almost as if he kept falling. It felt as if he were a spirit. He fell through the bed, though the floor, and before he knew it, it was warm. Really warm.

Link looked up. Or was it down? It was impossible to tell now. There was water. Endless water. And eight other figures. He knew what was coming. He'd hit the water, quick and hard. It would hurt quite a bit. He braced for the impact, but when he hit, it didn't even feel like there was water.

Where am I? What was I doing? How did I...? The thought was interrupted by the word "Link" which he knew immediately to be his name. Next, that he was underwater, and was gonna need air soon.

He arrived at the surface, gasping for air, at close to the same time as everyone else. He quickly scanned the place around him and saw land. He moved for it immediately. His heart sank before he could do anything. It was funny. Link's heart seemed to know when they were new people around. He kept his head down, and moved towards the objects on the opposite side of the beach. As he got closer he realized that they were chests, and they had names and a note attached to them.

He found the chest that said "Link G." and opened it up. Inside, was a spear and a longsword. Though he had never touched a weapon in his life, this seemed right. He grabbed the items and skimmed over the note, Magic? What is this place? he thought before stuffing the note into his pocket. Just as he started to walk away from the chest, he noticed one other thing, gleaming in the sunlight. It was a necklace. He knew that it was from someone important, but he couldn't remember who. He dismissed it, and moved towards the grassy area. He stuck the spear in the ground and sat next to a tree waiting for the others, and hoping he wouldn't have to lead...

IDoLikeMudkip

Master of Nothing
    Years
  • Rod stood in the middle of the shouting crowd, hands held high in victory. His opponent was on the other side of the circle laying in a bloodied heap. Rod didn't look the best either, blood was flowing out from his nose and the corners of his mouth.

"I hope it's not broken again." thought Rod as he took his victory lap, forcing his opponent into the center of the circle. But then, all of a sudden he stopped, he looked back down at his beaten and bloodied opponent, and lunged again. Before he could land another blow his friend Thai stepped in front of him.

"Enough Rod, you won." he said in a stern voice, trying to save yet another life from Rod's battle lust.

"But he gave me a dirty look. Can't I pound his face in one more time?" Rod begged, but Thai just stood there stone faced. "Oh, fine. Let's go home."

With that Rod grabbed his shirt and pushed his way through the crowd. Thai followed, wanting to make sure he didn't get into any more trouble. Within half an hour they were in front of Rod's house. Thai made sure Rod was inside before he headed home. After Rod got inside his first destination was the bathroom. He stood in front of the mirror examining his blood stained face. Images of the fight came rushing back. It was another glorious victory, but it was late and he was starting to come off his battle high so he was tired. Rod washed the blood off his face and fists before proceeding to his room to go to bed. When he got into his room he literally jumped into bed. But he never came down on it. He was confused, until he was hit with a wave of heat, then he was really confused. He looked down and saw water, as far as the eye could see.

"Aw, crap, this will hurt" was all he could think before hit hit the water. He plunged under the surface and instead of pain a word flashed through his head, "Rod", followed closely by the fact he was underwater. Rod swam toward any light he could see, hoping it was the surface, and it was. He gasped for air, noticing a couple more heads pop up out of the water. He could count about eight, eight people he didn't know. Tired of being in the water Rod scanned the horizon for any sign of land. He found some and quickly swam toward it.

When he arrived on the beach he was panting from the effort of swimming so hard. He scanned the beach and saw nine chests, one of which had his name. He approached and opened it, pulling out a long heavy sword. He studied it as it gleamed in the sunlight, it looked good, and it felt good to hold. Then he noticed a piece of what looked like paper. He slung his sword across his back, picked it up and read it over.

He finished and scoffed. He liked the part about being called a warrior, but magic please! Magic didn't exist. He carelessly tossed the note over his shoulder and walked a little further into the grassy planes. He noticed another guy sitting over by the trees, with what looked like a spear stuck in the ground. He ignored him and drew his sword and started slashing at the air, getting a feel for the weight of the weapon.

Last edited:

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
    Years
  • Chapter 1: The Beginning... with Memories and Drifters amidst...

Ssssssss... Squeak. Squeak. The turning of knobs echoed before the water from the spout above the shower stopped. The shower curtains slid onto one side of the wall as a hand pushed it there. Reaching for the nearby white towel that sat above a pile of other colored towels in a basket, the ebony haired woman wrapped herself in the white towel and walked out of the bathroom. A few paces took her to a dimly lit room lit only by partial moonlight from the bedroom windows. Flipping the switch just next to the bedroom door, bright illuminating lights now overpowered the moonlight. The ebony haired woman walked over towards her closet as she begins rummaging through her clothing to find something to wear when a small plush toy bounced off her head and landed a few inches from her feet. Rin faced the white and black panda plush toy and began staring intently at it. A few moments pass before she grabbed it, hugging it closely to herself.

"C-Cute..." Rin whispered to herself before she hid it once more in a cardboard box above her closet. She didn't want anyone to know she had such things in her room and thus Rin has resorted to hiding them due to the fact that she has a small collection of plush toys. (More like hundreds 8D) Rin continued searching through her clothing and brought out a black sleeveless shirt and a white cutoff pants along with her undergarments. Rin secured her black panties and black bra on before she threw on the shirt and pants. Using the towel, Rin softly rubbed her hair in between her hands to dry them off. The shower had refreshed her after her arduous training battle with her sister, Karin. Although Karin is half a feet smaller than Rin, Karin was still very much more powerful than Rin and Rin still strives to surpass her elder sister.

A small thump bounced off the walls when Rin fell backwards onto her white sheet covered bed. Despite the shower and her exhaustive state, her eyes didn't want to close as if trying to say stay up. Staring up at the solid white ceiling above her, small thoughts began to swirl about in Rin's head. How to defeat her sister, how to better herself, her sister's demon-like nature in battle but extremely loose and carefree nature outside of battle, many things bothered Rin.

After silently contemplating for a few minutes, Rin tried again to fall asleep as she closed her eyes once more. Suddenly, an awkward feeling engulfed her. Right as Rin began opening her eyes, a soft but increasingly bright light entered her eyes and to her surprise, she was staring up into the bright blue sky just under the sun. Shielding the light with her right hand, Rin saw that the sun began to grow smaller as if she was falling.... It suddenly hit her. Rin turned around and saw that she was plummeting towards some kind of ocean and that she WAS actually falling. Trying not to panic, Rin began to brace herself from the impact of the water, which at her falling speed would be able to knock the wind out of her, and she also noticed a few other silhouettes falling with her although she was unable to make out what they looked like because Rin was too focused on impacting the water than some random people.

PSSSSSSHHHH! The muted noise came out as Rin and the other silhouettes hit the water and suddenly a different feeling washed over her. The impact on the water didn't hurt for some awkward reason. Rin noticed that she could not remember anything not even her surname, save for her given name, Rin. It was as if the water washed away her memories leaving no trace of the many moments of her previous life to that point. Still recovering from the shock, her slow descent down the ocean struck her senses causing Rin to swim up to the surface as she tried to hold her breath the longest she could. The glimmering sun's rays passing through the water could be seen as Rin closed in on the threshold between water and air.

Bursting through the barrier, Rin reached the surface in seconds and gasped for the invisible but refreshing air. She took a few moments to settle herself as she floated in the water and took note of her surroundings. There was a beach nearby, where it wasn't before, which seemed to be a part of an island or was it a continent, Rin did not know but only that there was land. Also, she saw two silhouettes escaping the grasps of the water as they made their way onto the beach. Rin began pacing herself as she swam towards the beach and after a few short but long minutes of swimming and resting, Rin found herself on the soft and sandy beach where she laid on her back from near exhaustion from the swimming. The beating sun aided in drying her drenched clothing while the beach was surprisingly warm instead of hot at the touch of her bare feet and small cries could be heard from the seagulls nearby. The waves of water rushed up the sloped beach before receding back to their maker and a distinct salty smell hung in the air. As Rin turned her head sideways, boxes or rather chests, were closely bunched near each other a couple of meters away from where she was, feeding her suspicions; however, they seemed to call to her. After a moments rest, Rin saw other people come out from the ocean, but they decided to also take a few moments of rest on the beach (I will assume). Two people had already made their way over towards the chests, and Rin decided to check the containers out as well as she made her way across the beach.

Rin's walk brought her to a cluster of nine chests of different colors as well as names engraved onto the chests and a note sitting next to the names. Rin wondered how the notes haven't flown off the chest yet but she disregarded the thought and continued observing them. One specific chest caught her eye because it held her name, K- Rin. Her surname had faded somehow and could not be made out. Rin's insert color chest drew her in with its aura causing her hand to unconsciously touch the chests surface, and a small click came from the chest unlocking it the moment Rin's hand touched it. Intrigued but also cautious, Rin took hold of the note before she opened the container. Within its contents, an assortment of equipment laid ranging from a silver gauntlet, a half forearm length, alloy plated, fingerless black glove, a pair of black boots with a pair of black ankle-high socks laying atop them, a black belt, and a small but decorative box. Rin thought to herself why all the stuff was black but shrugged it off since she liked black. The small box caught Rin's attention next. Rin reached in and brought the box out of the chest before opening it. Three items laid within which strikes at her faded memory: a silver wristwatch hiding the letters K to R behind it, a hairclip with an azure phoenix on it, and a golden locket with a picture of Rin and...

"....Who.... is that..." Rin intently stared at the picture containing her and another girl shorter than herself with a grin on her face. A flash from her mind showed brief images of that girl smiling at Rin, a cold glare as she was doing battle with Rin, a face full of food looking back at Rin, and even a playful taunting face as she held a white and black panda toy in front of Rin. The memories faded as quickly as they came leaving Rin with more questions than answers. A name began to take form as Rin tried once more to pry into her forgotten memories.

"K-Karin..." Rin's voice unconsciously murmured. A breeze swept by rustling the folded note within Rin's hand asking to be opened and read. Rin placed the box back into the chest and flipped the note. She began to read the words imprinted on it.

Young Warriors,

You have been chosen here to bring peace to the land. The Clans here are on the verge of war. A war on magic. The South (where you are) is allied with the east, and wish to allow magic users to co-exist. The north and west, however, think magic will destroy the human race.

I have chosen you because of your skills. I believe that you will be able to complete the task I am about to bestow upon you. I want you to prevent this war. However, if it is too late, as I fear, I ask that you instead, end the war as quick as possible.

In return for completing this task, I will return your memories, and return you to your home.

Signed...

"Huh... Magic?" Rin looked at the note blankly and the illegible smudging where a name was suppose to be. "Magic huh... and... Warriors...? So I'm not the only one..." Rin muttered to herself glancing at the two men standing by their respective chests, or so Rin supposed. They didn't LOOK like warriors, but Rin decided to keep that thought to herself, even though she herself doesn't look like one either, ironically.
    ---------------------------------------------------​
    ((OOC: Oh yeah! Ninja'd Seeker. xDDDD))

Last edited:

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
    Years
  • Kuro sat silently, studying his opponent's face. Kuro knew he was making his opponent uncomfortable, but that was part of Kuro's plan. Kuro looked down at his cards. As soon as he saw them, a malicious grin spread slowly across Kuro's face. He laid down the cards: four aces. His opponent saw the cards, then chuckled. She laid down her cards: five aces. Kuro stared in shock and awe, then realized the trick his opponent had played. Kuro an his opponent, Kira, laughed, as two close friends should.

Kuro did not return to his home in Tokyo's alleyways until late at night. He walked into his cramped bedroom. Soda cans, food wrappers, and other assorted junk lay strewn about the floor. On the wall hung three flags: American, Japanese, and Kenyan. He knew his father had been born in Kenya, and his mother in America. He also knew that they met in Japan, and that this was where he was born. What he did not know was what his parents' names were, or what they looked like. He had never met them. He only knew what his master had told him. This was all Kuro could think about as he fell asleep.

Then he was falling. Falling, falling, towards some sort of dark liquid. As he neared it, he realized it must be water. Then he remembered: hitting the water hard hurts. He braced himself too late, but it didn't matter, as the water felt like only air. At least, until he needed to breathe. When he resurfaced, Kuro saw land, not too far off. He reached it, and found eight chests. Three had already been opened, and another had his name on it. Inside was a katana, some small daggers, and a note. Kuro read the note first, not trusting the mysterious weapons. After reading it, he carefully removed the weapons, still distrusting. Then Kuro saw three figures nearby: a young man with a large sword, another young man with a spear, and a young woman. He came closer, but kept his distance, silently watching the water.

Last edited:

A Monocled Hawk

Like A Boss
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2012
    Click.

Cold artificial light flared to life, sending the darkened room into view. To the right was what one could call a kitchen: key word could. The essentials were there - a sink, fridge, tile floor, and oven - along with a sad looking table and single fold-up chair. Placed in a corner between sat a white, beat-up bookshelf that held everything from plates and cups to a toaster and an old coffee maker. That was it. No fancy cupboards or dishwasher, heck, there wasn't even any counter space! Still, a kitchen is a kitchen. At least the ants that had taken refuge in the sink were now gone.

Now to your left was an odd combination of living area and a bedroom - mostly bedroom though. A brand new blue sofa was the highlight of the room, a soft blend of light and dark fabric three cushions long with reclining foot-rests and two arm rests on either side on the sofa itself. Draped across it was a light gray and white polka dotted blanket, a pillow at one end of the couch as well. Lamp, a television, and a small coffee table also fit into this small corner of a room.

After a few seconds of taking in the room, Mike finally took the first few steps into his closet like apartment, shutting the door firmly behind him. With a weary sigh he slipped the backpack off his shoulder and let it drop to the floor with a distinctive thud. Shoulders hunched with both exhaustion and defeat, the man trudged his way over to the sofa and plopped down onto it, both Mike and the couch sighing deeply.

"Another one bites the dust.." He muttered grimly as his hands reach up to rub his temples.

This had been the what? Fifth job interview this week and still no job to show for it. All the interviews...all the hours waiting and waiting...for nothing. Still, he had another one tomorrow and who knows, maybe this one will be the lucky one to hire Mr. Michael Harnel.

Even if worst came to worst he still had a back-up plan. Well, his friend Bryce had a back-up plan for him. 'Full contact, no holding back, schoolyard fighting' was how he put it, but most knew it by the name of 'Underground Wrestling'.

"All the rich folks come and watch that stuff - they love it!" His friend would say. "I've seen guys go one round and get thousands of dollars from it and they didn't even win!"

A small smile appeared on the man's face as he cherished the thought of having thousands of dollars: thousands for bills, food, clothes, and maybe even a real house. Oh, such wonderful dreams..

With a swift motion Mike pivoted himself so he could swing his feet up onto the couch and have his head land on the pillow beside him. For perhaps a few fleeting seconds he felt the pillow rest against his head, his feet be held up by the couch's other arm rest, but they disappeared so quickly he didn't even realize they were gone until a few seconds later when he was cursing from the top of his lungs as he plummeted towards a very dark body of water.

"No, no, no, no!"

It faintly occurred to him that he was not the only one falling to his death and his mind found no comfort in that fact, nor did his mind understand how he had suddenly been teleported from his small apartment to some seaside beach about a hundred feet up in the air.

Then again now wasn't the time to think, it was time to pray that the water wouldn't break every single bone in his body.

Seconds before impact the man took one large gasp of air and held it in, fighting all instinct to just release it in a yell of fear. As his feet graced the water's surface an odd image came to him, the image of his apartment. Sitting there dully, with so little in it the place just looked depressing, but it had been home for the past few months.

Now his torso was in the salty water and the image began to blur from the man's mind - finally disappearing all together as his head submerged underneath the waves.

With instincts taking over he swam towards the surface, finally breaking it with a loud gasp for breath and wildly looked around. There were others with him, he wasn't sure how many, and they all had the relatively same expression: what the hell just happened?

With nothing to answer that question with except his name and some mental image of a room of sorts, Mike shrugged the sense of confusion and swam for the shore. Surprisingly the swim to shore didn't take long at all, in fact he was the fifth one to arrive on the beach. Not bad, not bad at all.

The other four that had arrived before him had all formed a group, if you could even call it that. They had seemed to just come together, seeing as they were all in the same predicament. Before Mike could even introduce himself to these four a gleam of silver caught his eye. A row of chests were lined up on the beach, each with a piece of paper with names scrawled up them. A few had been opened but there were still a few left untouched and one of these had a rather tall wooden pole dug into the sand behind it. With an odd attraction that Mike couldn't even begin to explain he walked towards it, stopping a few inches in front of the wooden chest and spear-looking object. Almost dreamlike the man reached out and grasped the weapon firmly with one hand and pulled it out of its' sandy hold. The name 'halberd' raced through his mind as he grasped the pole with his other hand, marveling at the strange thing. It had to be no more than a foot shorter than he was but...it felt right. It felt like a part of him.

With delicate care he put his hand on the crescent moon shaped blade and ran a finger carefully down the blades' edge. Beautiful.

With a nod Mike held the spear off to the right and picked up the piece of parchment paper with his name written on it and flipped it over.

He had to read the note twice to make sure he was reading it correctly and even then he read it a third time just to be sure. Clans? Magic? War? And they, the 'Warriors', had to stop it all? Even if Mike couldn't remember where he had been ten minutes ago he was fairly certain he wasn't a 'Warrior', but the promise of his memories being returned...

It was the only thing he could go on and for now he had to trust whoever had brought him here, no matter how suspicious and confusing it was. So with a grimace Mike shoved the note into his jeans' pocket and opened the chest, which almost seemed to open at his touch, and was slightly amazed to find even more weapons and some armor.

After a few minutes he was able to completely empty the chest of all its' contents. A dagger in a leather sheath, two leather gauntlets with armor plating, and a worn satchel were the items the box had concealed and they were now adorned upon Michael.

A black tank top, dark blue unbuttoned shirt, jeans, black tennis shoes, a silver ring on a necklace, some leather gauntlets and a satchel. Just the thought of how odd he must look made Mike smile, the first smile in this new world he was unwillingly placed in and chosen to defend.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
  • ((OOC: One of the things that's been bothering me; are any of us WET when we get out of the water? I mean, I suppose it's common sense that we are, but no one has really brought it up, so it makes me really curious. So, I'm just going to take it literally and say that we are not wet coming out of the water. And, lol, "Another one bites the dust~"))

Japanese

"You are going down."

"You wish."

"Hajime!"

The two, fairly high-leveled, black belts cautiously circled each other. Both were in "armor" of a sort, federations and the like didn't allow sparring to be bare, but the "armor" did nothing to hinder their movements, even if the "armor" came with cups and the fact that they were both girls did nothing to help the fact. Both were in different colours, one blue, and one red.

They both cautiously circled each other, each faking out to catch the other one off guard and to get a warning. However, they had to attack soon; if they didn't attacked, they would get a warning. If they get another, it would be a point deduction. And they certainly didn't want their points to go in the negative.

The red one faked, bringing a leg up. The blue one, falling for it, moved, creating an opening. The red one attacked that opening, but that was what the blue one wanted. As the red one went in for a Mawashi geri(1), a round house kick(2), the blue one turned sharply, using an Ushiro geri(1), a back kick(2). The round house kick did not land on the target, while the back kick hit the target perfectly. They both jumped away from each other after the exchange of blows.

Blue: 1. Red: 0.

The red one, knowing that time was running out and needed to land a blow soon otherwise she would lose, charged in with a flurry of round house kicks. However, the blue one, suspecting this, got in closer, making the range of the round house kicks wrong as they hit where the blue one used to be.

Using the close proximity, the blue one used a Mikazuki Geri(1), an out-to-in kick. It landed on the red one's head, signaling three points(3) for the blue one.

"Yame!"

Both instantly moved back, stepping away from each other. They stood the correct distance away from each other and bowed, once to the master, and another to each other. Then they shook hands.

Blue: 4. Red: 0.

Miharu had won.

---

"You are just too good!" laughed the red one, Miharu's sister whose name was Kimura. Although she was older by a few years, two to be exact, and started before Miharu, she was a bit worse than Miharu. Not that she wasn't strong, of course. Even if you included the boys, she would still be the second strongest black belt; Miharu was just better.

Miharu smiled slightly. "Maybe you just suck."

Kimura cuffed her sister lightly. "I'm still older than you."

"But not maturer."

Kimura cuffed her again, this time a bit harder. "Shush."

They were currently walking home after Karate class. Although it was fairly dark outside, and not a very safe neighborhood, they both walked as if they hadn't a care in the world.

---

Miharu settled into her bed. She was a bit sore after Karate, but not too terribly. It wasn't as hard as the 1,000 kicks they had to do one day, but they still did a lot of drills. She closed her eyes and fell asleep.

Suddenly, she could feel herself falling and falling and falling. There used to be colour, but soon the colour faded into black. She felt herself relaxing, something told her that if she hit the ground not to tense up; tensing up would tear muscles. Landing head down would certainly break her neck, and landing legs down would break her legs. Although there was still the spine to be worried about, the back was better suited.

Suddenly, she slammed into something that felt as hard as concrete, but she kept going down...it was water. She let herself float for a few moments, she somehow felt a peaceful calm in the water, before swimming up. Her head reached the surface and she breathed in air. The water seemed calm, suddenly a clear blue that reflected from the sky above. It was barely cloudy, just a few puffs flying through the skies. She noticed five others on a beach, all seemed as loss as she was, although some were better adapt at hiding it than others. She noticed the chests, and one of the guys that were near it. She swam there, and walked off shore, absentmindedly noticing that she was not wet, which was strange in itself. She noticed a chest with her name, Miharu Mizushima and she opened it cautiously. When she realized that it wasn't a trap, the first thing she noticed was a letter securely on top of the items. She read this first.

Young Warriors,

You have been chosen here to bring peace to the land. The Clans here are on the verge of war. A war on magic. The South (where you are) is allied with the east, and wish to allow magic users to co-exist. The north and west, however, think magic will destroy the human race.

I have chosen you because of your skills. I believe that you will be able to complete the task I am about to bestow upon you. I want you to prevent this war. However, if it is too late, as I fear, I ask that you instead, end the war as quick as possible.

In return for completing this task, I will return your memories, and return you to your home.

Miharu narrowed her eyes. It was either complete the task, or never remember anything about their lives; never go back to their home. Whoever this person was, he/she was a master manipulator. Although she would play the game for now, she would step cautiously and keep an eye out. For now, she would try her best to complete this...mission.

She also noticed that she was wearing clothing that felt right, but something, an instinct, told her that she had not being wearing these clothes before she came her. She guessed that she got changed because of magic. Although she felt dubious, she allowed the idea of magic to drift into her head. It would make a lot of sense. It also didn't help the fact that she felt...something was different; like she had suddenly gained power.

She picked up the blade, cautiously, feeling its balance. It was good, and it felt right in her hand when she gripped it. She tested the sharpness out on a tree branch near by, and it cut through like the branch was made out of warm butter (cold butter is a bit harder to cut); apparently, it was sharp as well. She put it back in the sheathe and tied it around her waist. Well, wherever the hell she was and no matter whatever the situation she was in, she would make the best of it. But first, there was the matter of the group of people. Most of them were separated; they didn't seem like they had talked at all before Miharu had suddenly fell from the sky. However, if they were supposed to be teammates, which they should be since they had a common goal, they would need to be...closer, a bit.

"Since we all seem to be in the same situation, perhaps we should introduce ourselves," Miharu stated calmly. She allowed no emotion to be read on her voice, her face, and her body language. She was pure ice. "Watashi wa Mizushima Miharu." Suddenly, she felt that she had said something wrong. "My name is Miharu Mizushima," she amended, still not allowing any emotions to be shown. She waited for any, if there would be, replies.

(1) Karate terms, that I have no way of knowing that are true; I take Tae Kwon Do.
    (2) What I THINK are the Karate terms in Tae Kwon Do terms. I have no way have being certain.
    (3) I'm basing this off on Tae Kwon Do sparring, so if any of you take Karate, sorry if I'm wrong.

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
    Years
  • Everyone seemed to be preparing themselves with the contents of their boxes. Feeling out of place, Rin began reaching into her box. She, first, took the pair of black socks and boots out of the chest. Rin was still barefooted and decided to make use of the footwear as she slipped on the black socks which cuddled above her ankles and finally fitted her feet into the black boots. The boots were light, almost non-existent in weigh which struck her odd. Then a thought swooped into her head.

'It couldn't be... Was it Magic?' Rin shook the thought off and continued. She reached in to take the glove that would cover her right arm. Rin examined it as it had an outer layer of alloy surrounding the whole of the glove and the size, after wearing it, was as perfect as can be. It neither restricted nor weighed her arm down, which impressed Rin. Her attention was now set on the large gauntlet, which she had supposed was for her left arm. The layered armor alloy was similar to that of her glove except it held trice as many layers and could act as a shield if she needed it. The silver gauntlet covered her hand, forearm, and elbow with it's unique form causing a tingle in her left arm, a tingle of familiarity. Rin took the final piece of equipment, the black belt, and secured it across her waist where it belonged and was a perfect fit like every other item she had taken from the box. Something really bothered her after she had put on her belt.

'How could anyone know... my measurements... unless... it's... again..." The concept of Magic was disturbing. If it could do so much, why couldn't the magic users just take over the opposing faction. The thoughts lingered in her head as she decided to pushed it into the back of her mind. The little jewelry box reflected the sunlight off it's surface causing Rin to remember it. She lifted the box out and took the three pieces of accessories from within that she could not comprehend. The gold locket, she tied around her neck leaving it to dangle above her bosom, the hairclip, seeing as it held some sort of rather expensive value, was placed into the right pocket of her pants for safe keeping, and the wristwatch, Rin decided to place it with the hairclip, because it would had been pointless to place on either arm which held the glove and gauntlet. Patting her pocket to ensure the contents were still there, Rin looked over herself. She looked ready for combat and her arms were twitching. Wanting to test her new equipment, Rin decided to do a practice punch on her chest, seeing as it now held nothing of importance inside it. She closed the chest, and cocking back her right fist, she concentrated on the center of it's top. Bring her loose fist down onto the chest and balling it seconds before it reached it's destination, the impact suddenly shattered the chest from the immense force as it broke down into many pieces of wood. Rin stood back with amazement. Somehow, she felt stronger and it was clearly apparent. Feeling satisfied, Rin turned her attention to the girl who had suddenly broken the silence.

"Since we all seem to be in the same situation, perhaps we should introduce ourselves. Watashi wa Mizushima Miharu." She suddenly changed to a language Rin somehow understands. She could not remember that she was Japanese.

"My name is Miharu Mizushima." The girl altered her words. Seeing as no one wanted to say anything, Rin decided to initiate out of awkwardness.

"...Rin..." The emotionless reply left no surname whatsoever. Rin had to get through this ordeal... if she wanted her memories back.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back