• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lost Memories (PG-16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
Years
  • I groaned as the majority of the group set off in the direction of that town, led by that Rod guy. Even the shy kid had gone, but when he was speaking, he seemed to be getting more comfortable with everyone. It wasn't quite a giant leap, but I mean, it's a pretty big step for someone like him... he'll be fine. I sighed, looking at the people who had not gone with the other group, and still seemed to be attempting to come up with some sort of plan.

"What do we do now, Miharu? The group is splitting up, but I'm not quite sure if thats a good thing or not... Maybe no one will care if we do all go in together, and if they do, we can think of something on the spot, no? I don't know..."

As I finished saying this, I sat down on the ground again, and closed my eyes, crossing my arms once more. I didn't really even want to leave the beach anyway, the scent of the ocean calmed me. Maybe something else was supposed to happen here... "I don't know, I don't know anything..." I said without meaning to.

IDoLikeMudkip

Master of Nothing
    Years
  • After Rod started down the road he never looked back, except a small glance to see if anyone decided to follow. He noticed Kuro was close behind, and Mike and Link trailing just behind him. He couldn't hear anything the rest of the "group" was saying anymore, but he noticed Lazy sat back down on the sand. He scoffed and slowed his pace only a little so the three people tagging could catch up. Kuro was obviously the first and barely acknowledged Rod as he walked up, Mike gave a small smile, and Link never really joined staying just behind the other three. Rod didn't want to but his mind kept going back to the group. 'Group', the ten of them barely could be considered such a collection.

Rod smiled, dropped his head and chuckled. "You know, it's funny." he said to no one in particular, but hoped the others were listening. "We were sent here to stop a war, but we can't even make it off a beach without setting off huge conflicts. I feel sorry for the people we are supposed to help." Rod finished chuckling again and looking at the other three to see their reactions.

Then he stopped a few steps in front of the rag tag group as to address them, he put on his serious face and voice and looked each one, Kuro, Mike, and Link in the eyes as best as he could as he spoke. "Now you chose to follow me, and I expect that's because you want to get something done. If that wasn't your main reason make it so now, because if you interfere with getting something done you will have the business end of my friend to deal with. Every ounce of restraint I had, I had to use to not dismember everybody in the group back there. Do you understand?" Rod finished his 'motivational speech' waiting for a response from the other three.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
  • Miharu stayed back during the discussion, choosing to allow others to try to think things out. She really didn't have anything to add; she was quite neutral in the affair after all.

"What do we do now, Miharu? The group is splitting up, but I'm not quite sure if thats a good thing or not... Maybe no one will care if we do all go in together, and if they do, we can think of something on the spot, no? I don't know..." questioned Sky.

She pondered his question for awhile, after she heard him say, "I don't know, I don't know anything..." she answered.

"I think within the ten of us, we could figure out something on the spot," Miharu stated dryly. "I did rather like Rin's suggestion of a cover story. As for splitting up, I am sure that the person who dragged us here probably would not let us be split up for long. I quite dislike this Rod baka; my instincts are telling me he would be more of a liability than anything. Especially since I can hear EVERYTHING ROD-SAN IS SAYING!" Miharu raised her voice at the last bit so Rod could hear her. "DISMEMBER US, MY ARSE!" Her voice quieted down again. "I would rather not have us completely split up, if only because we have no idea what is going on and anything about this place in general. And it would seem quite strange to try and ask for information; people would think us as crazy and then how are we going to stop the war? By killing everyone? I think not..."

chef30

Great Scott!!!
    Years
  • Alianna was so frustrated with all of the suggestions.
    "Can you people not agree for once!" Alianna thought.
    Alianna fell into her thoughts. She awoke from her thoughts.
    "But hey, I'm fine with winging it. As long as we find out whoever took our memories I will do whatever." Mike said.
    "What?! We can't risk 'winging' it like that! We don't even know who or what we're up against! You can wing it if you want, but good luck getting killed out there!" Alianna said, her temper rising.
    "We aren't getting anywhere. If there is an impeding war we need to move, NOW! We know nothing, yes, so the only way we are going to know anything is by asking someone who does know. This means we have to go to a city and when we get their we'll figure out if it's friend or foe, cause we can't know from here. If it's friendly, great, we can figure out what is going on, if not we'll kill some things and go to the next city. I am so tired of waiting and doing nothing, I'm heading off and anyone who wishes to get something done can follow." Rod said, heading toward the dirt road.
    "It's only been ten minutes, and your tired of discussing how we're going to actually stay alive in this place?! Fine, you can all throw away your lives like worthless crap!" Alianna said.
    Alianna was tired from yelling. Why was the group so hard-headed? Well, Alianna was too, but she just didn't want to admit it. Alianna heard somebody else talking, but Alianna didn't listen.
    "The more we sit and talk the more time we waste! We just need to stick together and that's that, no fancy plans and what-not. We can make stuff up as we go! It's not that hard..." Rod spoke again.
    "These 'fancy little plans and what-not' are what are going to help us live and make it through this! Do you not care about your life at all?" Alianna asked.
    Alianna wanted to follow Rod, because she didn't want to split up, but she didn't want to be with people that wanted to through their lives away by 'winging' it. The kid named Link spoke up, and appearently, he wanted to go with Rod as well. Alianna finally gave in, and did what was best to save her life. She followed Rod and the others. She kept low and followed them quitely, looking down at the ground. This was not her day. Then again, this wasn't anybody's lucky day at all.
    "You know, it's funny. We were sent here to stop a war, but we can't even make it off a beach without setting off huge conflicts. I feel sorry for the people we are supposed to help." Rod said.
    "I'm glad you have some sense. And no, it is not funny, because I really want for us all to get out alive, and if we can't get a plan together to save this place and get the hell out of here, we may never get out of here..." Alianna said.
    Alianna was tired from the frustration, from the plan-making, and from fighting with everyone. She finally came to be reasonable.
    "Ok, look. I'm sorry, it's just I want us all to get out of here alive and unharmed. I understand that we're all really angry about being here and about making plans, but it's the only thing we can do that's safe for everyone. And I think the best way for us to do that is to stop fighting, so I'm done with fighting." Alianna said, stopping.

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
    Years
  • Kuro walked along the road, not really paying any attention to the others in Rod's new group. Kuro knew more people had been joining. Mike, the large one, had followed Rod directly after Kuro. Soon, the awkward Link and the girl Alanna followed down the path as well. Kuro didn't quite know their reasons for following, but frankly he didn't care. Even though the original group was dividing, he could feel that more senseless bickering was ahead of them. Kuro pondered how long the new groups would remain seperate, or if these two groups would divide amongst themselves even more. He thought that if more standstills occured, Kuro would abandon the group. At least, temporarily. He felt that in the end, all groups would come together, recreating the original group.
    Kuro felt his way back to reality, like a blind man feeling his way through a dark maze. He could hear voices, and some words seemed clearer than others. "It's funny," a faceless voice said. As reality came nearer, Kuro found words like "fighting", and "dismember". At "dismember", Kuro retreated a little bit, then found his way out of the metaphorical labrynth. He realized that "dismember" came from Rod. Threatening words had been spoken, which was apparently Rod's special way of taking control of the group.
    "Don't worry," Kuro said, surprised by hearing his own accent. "I don't think any of us want to get in the way of getting things done. However," Kuro added, lowering his voice slightly, "Come near any of us with that 'friend' of yours, and my 'friend' will become your worst enemy." Kuro looked ahead, watching for the town. His feet were starting to hurt.

MasterLink742

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Chapter 4
    Regrets

"You know, it's funny." Rod stopped walking, and started to say, "We were sent here to stop a war, but we can't even make it off a beach without setting off huge conflicts. I feel sorry for the people we are supposed to help."

"Now you chose to follow me, and I expect that's because you want to get something done. If that wasn't your main reason make it so now, because if you interfere with getting something done you will have the business end of my friend to deal with. Every ounce of restraint I had, I had to use to not dismember everybody in the group back there. Do you understand?" He finished. Was that supposed to be a motivational speech? It could've been better, but... Link looked around, and saw that another person had come to join us, a girl this time. She was looking down, as if she was not happy.

"EVERYTHING ROD-SAN IS SAYING! DISMEMBER US, MY ARSE!" Someone started to yell. What the...? He thought, looking back to see who was yelling. That's... Miharu? Right?

"Ok, look. I'm sorry, it's just I want us all to get out of here alive and unharmed. I understand that we're all really angry about being here and about making plans, but it's the only thing we can do that's safe for everyone. And I think the best way for us to do that is to stop fighting, so I'm done with fighting." the new girl said, stopping.

"Don't worry," Another started, "I don't think any of us want to get in the way of getting things done. However," his voice lowered, "Come near any of us with that 'friend' of yours, and my 'friend' will become your worst enemy." He finished. Maybe these people weren't the best people to pick to follow. Link thought No one here, well almost no one, seems like they'd get along with me...

"If I could..." He started, but people started to talk over him, not noticing him.. "I want to..." He tried again, but to no avail. "HEY!" He yelled, his heart sinking a little bit, "I want to say some things. First off, I want to know names again..." He stuck his spear in the ground to use as a stand. "I'm not the best leader, if I was, I wouldn't be following you. I do know one thing though: you can't threaten people that are following you. Or at least not in this case... It's going to get you nowhere fast...." He lost his place, and with it, his burst of confidence. "Now..uh... let's get... moving. It..um.. won't be light forever."

Now he was looking down, regretting that. Or at least the wording. He got to say what he wanted. But he was still regretting talking.

IDoLikeMudkip

Master of Nothing
    Years
  • Rod was silent listening to the reactions from the group, and from the other group as well. He heard on of the girls shouting from within that group.

"I CAN HEAR EVERYTHING ROD-SAN IS SAYING." she shouted, obviously wanting him to hear. "DISMEMBER US MY ARSE!"

Rod fumed silently, if they wanted to challenge him they could go right ahead. When they got into some real sticky situations then, yes then they would see what he could do and maybe respect his comments, then again if they went through that he wouldn't have to act on them cause he would respect the others. One of the guys within the current group spoke up as well.

"Don't worry," he said. "I don't think any of us want to get in the way of getting things done. However, come near any of us with that 'friend' of yours, and my 'friend' will become your worst enemy."

This fellow, Kuro, he had courage and guts to stand up to Rod. Something like that rang to Rod as willing to do what is necessary, even if that meant hurting someone. Then the girl who joined the group late piped up.

"Ok, look. I'm sorry, it's just I want us all to get out of here alive and unharmed. I understand that we're all really angry about being here and about making plans, but it's the only thing we can do that's safe for everyone. And I think the best way for us to do that is to stop fighting, so I'm done with fighting."

She was done with fighting? Rod hoped she meant amoung themselves cause he could go along with that, but fighting something would be necessary in the near future he believed. Finally the shy kid spoke up.

HEY!" He yelled, "I want to say some things. First off, I want to know names again... I'm not the best leader, if I was, I wouldn't be following you. I do know one thing though: you can't threaten people that are following you. Or at least not in this case... It's going to get you nowhere fast...." He started fumbling over his words."Now..uh... let's get... moving. It..um.. won't be light forever."

He was right and Rod knew it. He sighed as he spoke.

"Right, the names Rod, and I'm sorry bout threatening you, but I AM tired of getting nothing done. I just want to go to the village and find out what really is going on." Then turning to the guy who had just finished speaking. "You know, kid, your all right. And don't downplay yourself, it takes some real leadership and courage to say those kind of things. I think you'll do fine. And you," he said motioning to Kuro. "Your all right as well. I like to see you won't hesitate to get things done...even if that is at the expense of my head. So ya shall we continue, we can walk and talk no? Cause ya, daylight is burning."

A Monocled Hawk

Like A Boss
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2012
    He could feel those behind him just looking at the small band of...Exiles? Renegades? A Band of Misfits? Mike didn't really know what to call the little three-man group, but those he had just left on the beach, the 'Original Group', probably weren't all that happy with them. Heck, why should they? Instead of sitting and thinking of a plan they, Mike, Rod, and Kuro, basically just said 'screw this we're doing this our way' and walked off. If things hadn't have been so confusing Mike would have been mad at himself for being so rude, but you had to do what you had to do and acting then and there seemed to be the correct option.

"I dunno about you but I am going with them." With a somewhat casual glance over his shoulder, Mike saw the kid with the spear, Link, leave the beach and walked towards the group. That was good; the more they had with them the better. While it didn't look like their small band really needed any extra man-power, Rod alone looked like he could take down a few armed foes without breaking a sweat and Kuro...well, Mike wouldn't put it past him if the man was a well skilled fighter, the small group did need more of a presence. A group of four wasn't going to look menacing compared to a full-scale army.

"You know, it's funny." began Rod with a bit of an unsettling chuckle, "We were sent here to stop a war, but we can't even make it off a beach without setting off huge conflicts. I feel sorry for the people we are supposed to help."

Mike made a small hum of approval at the man's comment as he repositioned the strap of the satchel that hung over his shoulder. Just as soon as he began to do this Rod stopped, making Mike nearly run into Kuro, only saving himself from the embarrassing act by mere inches between him and the katana-wielding Warrior. Bewildered he looked up, only to meet the fierce eyes of the group's 'leader' as he addressed them about how the group should run.

And what would happen if they disagreed with him.

Mike, not really sure how to take such an odd announcement, kept quiet and stared at his feet. He had the feeling Rod wasn't the type of guy to lie and would follow his words if the time came. If Rod was going to be the head of the group and call the shots then what did that mean for the rest of them? That they should blindly follow him?

"So far he's got some good intentions, but if he calls something that just ain't right..." Thought the man as he averted his eyes back to Rod just as one of the girls on the beach, Miharu or something, called out towards them, making Mike flinch slightly at her words. Yeah, she wasn't happy.

A few moments past before someone else spoke up, a girl, but this voice was much closer than Miharu's. Mike hadn't even noticed she had followed the them until she spoke and it had something to do about not fighting anymore, which made little sense to him since they were supposed to stop a war, and how could one stop a war without fighting? By telling each side to put down their weapons?

As Kuro spoke about warning Rod, Mike offhandedly wondered how they could even stop the war at all. As this odd thought continued Link spoke up, saying something about wanting to know names again and light. When Rod once again began to speak was when Mike's semi-distracting thought ended - leaving him feeling more confused than ever. Still, he had understood what everyone had been conversing about, even if he didn't had his full attention of them.

"Like I said, name's Michael, but just call me Mike, okay? And, uh.." he turned to the kid with the spear and the girl who was the last to join the group, a slight perplexed expression on his face. "You're Link, right? And...Julianna? I already know who those two are" - He said this with the smallest hint of a playful grin that threw off the confused look and replaced it with a much more kind expression - " but I want to make sure I get both of your names right."

MasterLink742

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Chapter 5
    Human Contact... Sorta

"Right, the names Rod, and I'm sorry bout threatening you, but I AM tired of getting nothing done. I just want to go to the village and find out what really is going on." Rod turned to Link"You know, kid, your all right. And don't downplay yourself; it takes some real leadership and courage to say those kinds of things. I think you'll do fine. And you," He turned to... "You're all right as well. I like to see you won't hesitate to get things done...even if that is at the expense of my head. So ya shall we continue, we can walk and talk no? Cause ya, daylight is burning."

"Like I said, name's Michael, but just call me Mike, okay? And, uh.." Mike turned to Link and the girl next to him. "You're Link, right? And...Julianna?" Is that her name? "I already know who those two are" He said with a small hint of a grin, " but I want to make sure I get both of your names right."
    People had actually listened to him. It was almost a new concept for Link. Okay, so there is Rod, the leader, for now, Mike, those two, and the girl next to me. Including himself, Link now knew the name of half the people here right now. Not bad…

Link took some steps forward, enough to continue listening, but still be able to be somewhat alone. Who is that? All my other memories are gone, yet I still remember someone. But… Who? He knew this person was important, and it made him feel bad that he couldn't remember them.

He stared off, thinking, and half-listening, and he saw people headed this way.

"I… uh…" He started, not worrying about interrupting anyone, "I see a few people headed this way…"

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
    Years
  • Ocean Beach: The Dilemma

'I would rather not have us completely split up, if only because we have no idea what is going on and anything about this place in general. And it would seem quite strange to try and ask for information; people would think us as crazy and then how are we going to stop the war? By killing everyone? I think not...,' the one called Miharu trailed off into silence upon finishing. Rin silently contemplated to herself of the current situation, which she most probably wouldn't do on a battlefield. Of the ten that were, only three remained on the beach as the rest decided to take off with the other group that was formed. It was reasonable with the awkward situation at hand, and clearly there were more act now and think later people among their group than she had expected with a balance of thinkers along with a few meek and passive minds. Regardless, they have taken the first step and they were that much closer to going home and regaining their lost memories. Rin turned her attention back at the other two that remained with her on the beach. Picking out the names she remembered, the other female was named Miharu, while the man sitting on the the beach was called Sky. These two were names Rin would have to remember and quite possibly the people whom she would have to risk her life for in the future. Deciding to keep the better of relations between them, Rin decided to reassure them.

"... You aren't alone. We all don't have a single clue about anything. ...But we should move on. Staying here won't help except deny us time for gathering information." Rin said looking at Sky. She had felt a strong feeling of content from him when he sat down on that beach where the cool ocean air came in engulfing them from time to time with the coming of the waves. Rin placed her hands onto her waist. "We should take a moment though. The ocean has a sort of... refreshing feel." Rin restated as she glanced at the ocean. A few moments passed by before Rin remembered she was going to reply back to Miharu.

"Hey...," Rin spoke, directing her tone at Miharu, "... you're probably right about thinking this through... but, with barely any form of information, I find thinking about our situation... quite... troublesome, you know? ...Sure the locals may find us strange at first... but as long as we don't threaten them or anything like that... I'm sure they won't mind sharing what they know..." Rin paused for a few seconds before she remembered the other group. "What I AM troubled about... is the OTHER group... they seem somewhat... forceful... as we can clearly see already. ...Things might not go so well on their side if we don't catch up with them... Not that I'm trying to coerce you or anything..." Rin wasn't fully confident with all she had said but, it was something that could be worked off of. With little to no information, thinking was almost useless at this point which leaves only intel gathering the best choice, and if it leads to a battle, then so be it. Rin was never one to coax words or anything of the sort. Thinking of only the best way to handle a situation to the best of her abilities was something she was taught to do. How it will serve her now... only time will tell.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
  • Miharu shrugged after Rin told her her opinion.

"Alright, let us follow them," she agreed. "If Sky-san does not like it, then he can stay here."

Miharu walked off, going to catch up with the group. When she caught up, she noticed people walking towards them.

Remembering, Miharu turned to Rod. "Threaten us again, and I will kick Rod-san's arse, capiche?"

chef30

Great Scott!!!
    Years
  • Alianna just walked along with the group as they were all talking.

"HEY!" The shy guy beside Alianna yelled.

"Ouch! I'm right next to you, so don't yell in my ear!" Alianna said.

"I want to say some things. First off, I want to know names again... I'm not the best leader, if I was, I wouldn't be following you. I do know one thing though: you can't threaten people that are following you. Or at least not in this case... It's going to get you nowhere fast... Now..uh... let's get... moving. It..um.. won't be light forever." The shy guy said, fumbling over his last few words.

"Like I said, name's Michael, but just call me Mike, okay? And, uh.." Mike turned to Alianna and the boy next to her. "You're Link, right? And...Julianna?" Mike said.

"Ali-anna." Alianna replied.

"So his name is Mike? And the guy next to me is... Mink? Oh, Link..." Alianna thought.

"I uh... Link said. "I see a few people headed this way..."

"Oh great," Alianna said. "What now, Mr. Leader?" Alianna said.

Then another person oined the group. Rin. Alianna heard her say some things, but Alianna didn't reconize them due to being in her thoughts.

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
    Years
  • To be honest I was disappointed by the group, because I had expected at least some kind of plan to be created. Then again that Rod kid was right even though it was annoying to admit, they wouldn't get much accomplished sitting around on the beach. I didn't like how I couldn't remember anything past falling out of the sky; what had I been doing, who did I know, what was with this cold space in the back of my mind? I shook my head and stood up, slinging the rifle over my shoulder once more, and stood up lazily following the other group. My full name was still a mystery to them, either fortunate or unfortunate for me was what I was unsure of, but I'd probably tell them later own, if I started to trust em.

As I was walking I called up toward Rod, adding a hidden edge to my voice saying " Don't give me orders Rod, you're not the only one with a "friend," and I'm also not afraid to use it." I seemed to recall something about how I used to be a crack shot with almost every type of ranged weapon. The feeling in my hands, eliminated the doubt that I might not still have that kind of aim. The winds that rushed against my face ruffled my hair slightly, and revealed the red colored eye covered by my hair and for some reason, I got a slight headache which soon disappeared after the eye was covered again. The weird thing was that I had felt that same chill in the back of my head grow slightly colder, but then receded just as quickly.

Hopefully, it wouldn't have something to do with my memories, or maybe it would... whatever, I would cross that bridge when I came to it.

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
    Years
  • So now people consider Rod the leader? Kuro thought to himself. He wondered why the group even needed a leader. And even if it did, Kuro was surprised that Rod would be chosen among the group to fill the role. Perhaps Miharu, or Aliana could be equally competent for the job. Kuro briefly imagined himself as the group's head, than silently laughed off the idea as impossible. Kuro saw the people from the beach finally join the group.

"HEY!" the one with the spear, Link, shouted. "I want to say some things." The boy went on to ask for names, and to suggest that the group move forward. A wise suggestion, Kuro thought. Rod apologized, saying to Link: "You know, kid, you're all right. And don't down play yourself, it takes some real leadership and courage to say those kinds of things." Rod turned to Kuro next. "And you, you're alright as well. I like to see you won't hesitate to get things done... even if it is at the expense of my head." Kuro liked this part of the speech. Not because Rod just complimented Kuro, but because he showed that he valued getting things accomplished over the safety of others. Maybe Rod wouldn't be such a bad leader after all...

Kuro listened as more introductions were remade, including some from Mike, Rod, and Alianna. After these reintroductions were finished, Miharu, Rin, and... that other guy joined the group. Miharu and Him joined Kuro in warning Rod about threats, but He continued to keep his name a secret. Kuro nearly grinned. "If you must know, I'm Kuro. I suggest you commit it to memory, as well as all the others' names," he said. "And honestly, by threatening Rod, we are becoming no better than he. Leave him alone, he's been warned enough." He turned to Rod. "I should not have threatened you. I dislike fighting, but I dislike leaders who eliminate allies who get in the way less. Know that I will not tolerate any more standstills or arguments, and I cannot let the group turn on itself." Kuro paused, letting the things he just said sink in. He then outstreched his arm to Rod. "Enough of these pointless quarrels. We need each other to win this 'war'. We need this whole group." Kuro felt almost sick as he waited for Rod's response. He felt like he had just given a two hour long speech.

IDoLikeMudkip

Master of Nothing
    Years
  • The group seemed to be getting along a little better. Following Rods's re-introduction, there was Mike and Alianna, then there was Link who wanted the introductions again. The others from the beach seemed to get a clue and finally caught up as well. Some seemingly not set on the idea of following Rod.

"Threaten us again, and I will kick Rod-san's arse, capiche?" were the first words out of Miharu's mouth as she approached.

Rod just "hunh"-ed in reply. If she wanted to she could give a shot at it, he didn't care. He thought it a shame she didn't arrive a few seconds earlier to hear his apology , it might have cleared the air a little. But with the next arrival, not so much.

"Don't give me orders Rod, you're not the only one with a "friend," and I'm also not afraid to use it." he said as he approached.

"Aggressive little sucker, eh. And I should be the one talking." thought Rod.

"If you must know, I'm Kuro. I suggest you commit it to memory, as well as all the others' names," he said. "And honestly, by threatening Rod, we are becoming no better than he. Leave him alone, he's been warned enough." He turned to Rod. "I should not have threatened you. I dislike fighting, but I dislike leaders who eliminate allies who get in the way less. Know that I will not tolerate any more standstills or arguments, and I cannot let the group turn on itself." Kuro paused, then extended his hand to Rod. "Enough of these pointless quarrels. We need each other to win this 'war'. We need this whole group."

Rod just looked Kuro straight in the eyes for a couple seconds, then grabbed Kuro's wrist in a warrior's handshake.

"No more quarrels." was all Rod said in response, this moment of camaraderie was cut short when Link spoke up.

"I...uh..." He said with very little reserve, "I see a few people headed this way..."

Rod turned to follow his view and sure enough there were a few people coming down the road. Everybody else seemed to notice as well, for Alianna spoke up.

"Oh great," she said. "What now, Mr. Leader?"

The first thing that went through Rod's mind was. "Wait...leader...me?" But he quickly shook that thought off and went into think mode. People were going to think them crazy if they tried to explain what had just happened to them. Unless...yes that would work, hopefully.

"OK, we already decided people would think us crazy asking about a war that maybe hasn't started. And people would definitely think us crazy if we tried to explain what just happened to us, especially since we can't remember ourselves. But if we can show them a little proof maybe we won't be labeled completely crazy. We need the note that was in the chest, surely someone didn't just dump it on the beach. We should approach them and try to explain using the not as our witness of sorts." proposed Rod, hoping not everyone was as stupid as him to leave the note behind.

chef30

Great Scott!!!
    Years
  • Alianna was waiting for Rod to reply.
    "Come on, they're coming!" Alianna thought.
    "OK, we already decided people would think us crazy asking about a war that maybe hasn't started. And people would definitely think us crazy if we tried to explain what just happened to us, especially since we can't remember ourselves. But if we can show them a little proof maybe we won't be labeled completely crazy. We need the note that was in the chest, surely someone didn't just dump it on the beach. We should approach them and try to explain using the not as our witness of sorts." Rod said.
    Alianna didn't think that was a very good idea at all.
    "Any other options?" Alianna asked.
    "I don't think we should tell them anything about us or the note at all. Even with the note they'll think we're crazy. I say we should just tell them what they want to hear. Like if they ask us where we're from, we'll just say The South. Not all people are reasonable. Especially not in this world." Alianna said.
    The people started to aproach.
    "Let me take care of this." Alianna said.

MasterLink742

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Chapter 6
    A Light in the Darkness

"If you must know, I'm Kuro. I suggest you commit it to memory, as well as all the others' names," Kuro said. "And honestly, by threatening Rod, we are becoming no better than he. Leave him alone, he's been warned enough." He turned to Rod. "I should not have threatened you. I dislike fighting, but I dislike leaders who eliminate allies who get in the way less. Know that I will not tolerate any more standstills or arguments, and I cannot let the group turn on itself." He paused. He then outstreched his arm to Rod. "Enough of these pointless quarrels. We need each other to win this 'war'. We need this whole group."

I like the way this guy thinks… Link thought in between other contemplative thoughts.

"No more quarrels." Rod said.

It was then that Link interrupted.

"Oh great," Alianna started. "What now, Mr. Leader?"

"OK, we already decided people would think us crazy asking about a war that maybe hasn't started. And people would definitely think us crazy if we tried to explain what just happened to us, especially since we can't remember ourselves. But if we can show them a little proof maybe we won't be labeled completely crazy. We need the note that was in the chest, surely someone didn't just dump it on the beach. We should approach them and try to explain using the not as our witness of sorts." Rod said.

"I don't think we should tell them anything about us or the note at all. Even with the note they'll think we're crazy. I say we should just tell them what they want to hear. Like if they ask us where we're from, we'll just say The South. Not all people are reasonable. Especially not in this world." Alianna said.

"I would have to agree with" There was a slight pause, "Alianna. Why are you so eager to tell them everything about us? What if… Never mind. It just doesn't seem like a good idea to me to let a group of strangers know everything about us. We should be a little more… cautious about this."
    At least something good was happening. Link was starting to get comfortable with the group.

"Let me take care of this." Alianna said.

"That, however, I have to disagree with." Link said as he pulled Alianna back to the group. "I don't think we should let just one perso-"
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    "HEY!" The leader of the group said. "Mind if I ask who you guys are?" He was a taller man with a rough beard, and friendly eyes that seemed out of place. His voice was rough, but it sort of made you want to trust him. He didn't carry any weapons, or at least didn't appear to, but the people with him had some weapons. There were three others. Two had spears while the third had a long sword.

The others of the group had no outstanding features and seemed surprised at how casual their leader was being as well as put off by the size of the group they were facing.

chef30

Great Scott!!!
    Years
  • "That, however, I have to disagree with." Link said as he pulled tried to pull Alianna back into the group.
    Alianna pulled her arm back, escaping from the grip of Link.
    "We're not going to tell them everything about us." Alianna said.
    The group was approaching.
    "Now hide your weapons. Follow my lead." Alianna said.
    "HEY! Mind if I ask who you guys are?" The leader of the group said.
    Alianna put a cute face on.
    "Oh. We were just on our way back to our home town ahead." Alianna said.
    "We went for a swim." Alianna said with a soft voice.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back