• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Loving it or Not so much?

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    How are you liking the game?

For me, Its looking awesome and the gameplay is really fun. The battles are much better then previous version too.

so let's post what your first thoughts of the game are and your likes and dislikes, if any.

Reactions: Guy

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I'm really enjoying it. It just feels so detailed, from little things like bending down to talk to the kids to the level of detail and options for your PR add, it's impressive. However, I can certainly see why stereoscopic 3D wasn't included in the overworld, with it on the frame rate drops to a horrible rate. I'm really liking the variety of Pokemon available, and how spaced out everything is. I've played 4 hours only to get 1 badge. The new Pokemon are really great too, I'd much rather have like 70 new quality Pokemon rather than 150 new average Pokemon. Overall, so far the game has been great, and a breath of fresh air.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
    Im freaking adoring it!! The graphics looks great, the gameplay is fluent and fun, the Kalos Dex is huuugeee. The game seems to be pretty long, im 8hrs in and still only have one badge, so thats a plus. And idk if this applies to all caves, but i love the gameplay in glitterstone cave! A lot of fun :D

Lilikoi Juice

I'm on Youtube!
    Years
    I know someone who bought the game before the release and it seems as though they have been playing it non-stop for a while now, haha. But then again they love almost all Pokemon games.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    It's addictive and seems to be lasting /much/ longer than previous games. I have clocked up around 7 hours of gameplay and have yet to get my second badge. I was worried I would be completing it in the weekend but so glad it's going to last a while :).

blue

gucci
    Years
    I'm loving it, I'm just trying to pro-long everything and explore all the new areas. I don't want to complete it in a flash, I want to take my time. ;3

Riansky

Purr
    Years
    Im really taking my time playing it and really enjoying every momment of it. Its really amazing! Love the graphics and the gameplay is so fluent. Also love the idea of only 70 or so new pokemon ( haven't spoiled any so that's great!) I mean we had 150 new pokemon last generation so 70 + mega evos is just right.

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
    Years
    So the first thing I did was going to Gamestop at 10AM, I bought the 3DS XL bundle and got Pokemon Y with it.

They offered me the normal Blue/Black/White 3DS XL but when they brought the limited pokemon X and Y 3DS XL edition in Red and Blue, I bought the Red Pokemon X and Y 3DS XL version without any doubt. I got the last Pokemon Y version in store too and I've been playing for like 2 hours and I'm enjoying it. :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2017
    I'm really enjoying it so far. I like the wide range of Pokémon available and the frame rate is quite good (although it isn't the blissful 60fps of ye olde Gen 3). The rollerstakes are very nice to have and make travelling much less tedious; Pokémon-amie is quite nice to mess around with as well.

The hand-holding that plagued Gen 5 (especially B2/W2) seems to be gone as well.

Years
    I'm really liking it so far, addictive in a way B/W didn't manage though I imagine as I progress I will miss the story of B/W.

Some of the battle animations are just lovely.

My only slightly negative thing is that Pikachu has an anime style cry of 'Pika!' while every other pokemon still retains their regular cry though.

Silais

That useless reptile
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    Oh my lord, the Pokemon designs are awful. I'm going to pass on this generation.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Definitely loving it and I agree with some other people; it just feels so much longer this time around. Then again, I'm trying to find every Pokemon on every route and so I can spend hours just on a single route (and don't even get me started on finding a female Combee. ;o;)

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    I'm really loving this generation, from the graphics to the little feature like bending down to kids when you speak to them etc.

The only and major disappointment for me is the severe lack of new Pokemon. I went into EB Games today to buy Pokemon Y thinking there's going to be a whole new brad range of Pokemon to choose from, when in fact there's just that little amount of new Pokemon. It's really getting on my nerves having to walk into a path of grass, hoping that you'll come across an amazing all-new Pokemon when instead you find a Psyduck or an Oddish for the umpteenth time. It's ridiculous.

If I want to play and use older generation Pokemon then I've got RBY, GSC, FRLG, RSE, HGSS, DPPt and B2W2 to do so. I was expecting an abundance of new Pokemon but instead I've gotten the same old Pokemon recycled into 3D and slapped with a Mega Evolution. And some of the new Pokemon I've encountered I've loved, but many I think are plain silly - a keychain Pokemon? Seriously?

Game Freak are losing their creative touch, and are starting to get lazy. One might argue "quality over quantity" but I'd rather 100 new Pokemon with a few diamonds in the rough than around 50 with about one or two Pokemon gems.

Le Sigh

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
    Years
    I'm really liking it! Amie and Super Training are very fun. The graphics are pretty good too, and the battles look awesome!

But the only thing I hate is that you HAVE to use the roller skates with the Circle Pad. I mean, they're fast and cool and all, but I kind of like to walk more, and I would prefer to walk with the Circle Pad. Also, the levels so far seem a bit...low.

BraveNewWorld

The Breaker
    Years
    I have two major complaints.

1. Frame rate. It falls when using the roller blades and in battles. It's especially bad in battles when you enable the 3D.

2. Camera angles. Some of the camera angles are pretty weird. Some of the camera angle shifts can be disorienting.

Hopefully they work on those for the third installment of Gen 6.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    Loving the new exp share :3
    I'd advice you (and the others) to not too much rely on it. I own five badges and my whole team (even my HM slave) where on a much higher level than the last gym leader's.
    I heard some people complain about the game being too short. Well one reason why this could be is that the exp share reduces the time to train by a lot.

Everything else so far is really good.

Draqonite

Draco Meteor?
    Years
    Guys i get my copy of Y tomorrow an i have a quick question. In what point of the game do you get the Supertraining?

Back