• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Loving it or Not so much?

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    I'm loving it! I only have two badges and I've already been playing for 30+ hours, there's just so much to do ^^

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I'm in love with these games. While they lack difficulty, and honestly if you take off the Exp. Share early in the game it makes it a bit more challenging, it makes up for it in enjoyment. I haven't had this much fun playing a Pokémon game since Platinum and I haven't been this much in love with a region and its Pokémon since Hoenn. So this generation has been one big FTW in my opinion, and has restored my faith in GameFreak after the disappointing Black and White.

I gotta say when I heard there was a huge gap between the first and second gym, I was a little unsure of how that would work. Then when playing the games I underestimated just how big of a gap it actually was. However there was just so many things to do between those two points and so many Pokémon to catch and train that I didn't mind it at all. In fact, between Santalune and Cyllage, I would have never been able to acquire a team of nine if it weren't for that gap. Which is something I've never done before.

Now I'm currently in Frost Cave and the fun has yet to stop.

And speaking of new pokemon, like literally 50 of them look really ugly. Only ones I'm liking are noibat or something and his evolution, chespin + evolutions, froakie + evolutions and the t-rex like fossil. Rest of the pokemon look really meh to me.
    Entirely opinion based, but I think a majority of the new Pokémon look really well in design and are vast improvements over what we got last generation. It's only a shame we only got 69 new Pokémon, not including the new mega evolutions.

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
    I love it, it definitely is neck and neck with 2nd gen (which is my personal favorite, but I need to replay it for the sake of judgement). I really like the battling, super training, and the friend safari. There are also some other features I enjoy in the game but I really don't feel like making a list. Game freak did a good job with this game.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    Thoughts on Generation VI Pokemon?

I was just wondering what the consensus was in this community regarding Generation VI pokemon. I've enjoyed them so far and I think maybe going for a smaller number of new ones allowed for them to cut out the excess that exists in every generation. Also, Hawlucha.

murkage

Fairy Key Chain Sweeper
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2021
    They went for quality over quantity this time around and i think it worked like a charm. I love having a mix of all gens in the game, and there only being 69 new pokemon makes finding and using new gen pokemon that more fun. Especially online battles where people don't really know what kind of build you have or what the pokemon is capable of.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    People say quality over quantity but my two favourite regions for pokemon designs would be the 3rd and 5th generations. Quality over quantity is subjective. My two favourite pokemon of all time have come from Unova. (Cofagrigus and Reuniclus) There's also many Unova pokemon that I want to use some day.

Having said that overall I'm impressed with the new pokemon. Particularly Hawlucha, Pumpkaboo, Malamar, Fennekin and Dragalge. Also Trevenant.

I just wish there had been another 30-40 new pokemon.

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
    Ever since I was young I thought of Pokemon having more cutsie designs and let Yu-Gi-Oh do the more monstrous side, with the exception of legendary. There were multiple pokemon that fit this for me like Swirlix and Gourgeist. Then there was this guy who looks like a Muppet's Improv Duo. I really like the Mega-Evolutions though, I think that those were a better trade off instead of more Pokemon that may be hit or miss.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    In my opinion, the designs of sixth-generation Pokémon are a lot better than those of previous gen—generation five. They're extremely creative. :) One of favorite gen. six Pokémon would have to be Mega Blastoise. It seems to be much bigger than just an ordinary Blastoise, and I just love how fierce it looks. By its facial expression, you can tell that it's always ready to get itself into a fight. In terms of competitive battling, Mega Blastoise is quite dominative. Its defensive stats are gargantuan, allowing it to take countless amount of hits and still pretend as if nothing's ever happened to. I've once used Mega Blastoise when battling against one of my friends, and it was able to take three Thunderbolt attacks from her in a row without having to faint. How impressive is that? Not only does this Pokémon have great defenses, its Special Attack stat is also pretty high. Thanks to that, it's able to take out almost any Pokémon with only one Water Pulse.

Vivillon has also gotta be one of my favorites. In all of Pokémon, this has the most amount of forms. One of my favorite forms is tundra, as the colors seem to compliment each other very nicely. Due to the same reason, meadow is also my favorite, as well as sun. Polar is the only form that I dislike. The color scheme is a little dark, which, in my opinion, makes Vivillon look bad. :(

Mitapu

Lunar Trainer
    Years
    Although I wasn't to fond of most of the new gen's pokemon designs, there were some that I did actually love. I really love Braixen. I hardly wanted to evolve mine until I knuckled down and just evolved it.... at level 70-somthing.

Back