• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Magical leaf or razor leaf.

Years
  • Which attack do you like out of the grass pokemon?

As for me I'm not used to magical leaf, but I taught my meganium magical leaf. I like razor leaf better. It is much cooler thank magical leaf.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • It would depend on the pokemon using it. It also depends on whether you like Accuracy or Critical Hits better. Magical leaf will never miss, while Razor Leaf, while under most circumstances will not miss, can miss if an accuracy lowering move or item is used. Razor Leaf, however, has higher chances of getting a critical hit.
    I prefer magical leaf, because it's more powerful, won't miss, and you don't need to be relying on critical hits to win.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Razor Leaf if the Pokemon in question has higher Attack than Special Attack.

Magical Leaf if the Pokemon in question has higher Special Attack than Attack.

:/

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Hmm, decisions, decisions. .-.

The topic about these two Grass-type moves aren't really HG/SS specific seeing as every game since Gen. III has had them both included. However, I don't think this only applies to the games, but things such as the anime and all as well. So, I'm just going to move this over to Pokémon General.

Muyiwa, if you feel this belongs in General Pokémon Gaming instead, then please feel free to move it there.

Sgt Shock

Goldsmith
    Years
  • Physical or Special leaf move huh. Well I guess I have to say Magical Leaf since I hardly see Razor Leaf in battle. Both are pretty rare however. I think I like the accuracy more than the critical hit because I have no luck. :P

Scorpio219

PM me for custom banners
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2013
    with out using game boy info, i feel that grass is not magical, and razor leaf has been around since gen 1. i like razor leaf better. this has nothing to do with the game boy games

Xaviar

I left my brain in its jar
    Years
  • My Bayleef has horrible Attack and decent Sp Attack so I ended up deleting Razor Leaf for Magical Leaf, because of the no-miss effect and +5 base damage.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • I would definately prefer Magical Leaf. Most grass types have better Sp. Att. and I would way rather accuracy then a chance of a Critical hits

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I use razor leaf for nostalgia, and because its one of my fav moves, but Magical Leaf has perfect acc

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • I like Razor Leaf better because it bypasses stat-boosts when you critically hit and it is just more appealing to me. I mean, leaves that can slash and cut a target are much cooler than rainbow-colored ones that explode into weak dust on impact.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    Magical leaf just because I dont rely on critical hits, I want accuracy over crit hits

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Well they both have there perks but razor leaf over magical leaf for me. I use magical leaf over razor but I like razor over magical. I guess its because I like razor objects compared to rainbow colored objects :3.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I prefer Magical Leaf for perfect accuracy and for it being Special-based. Not that I use Grass types much, but I did have a Bellossom with Magical Leaf in Sapphire and Emerald.

Years
  • Razor Leaf. Magical Leaf is rare in generation 3 and me playing generation 4 is a rare thing as well, but Razor Leaf is around everywhere. I'm especially fond of generation 1 Razor Leaf, which is probably the best Grass-move ever.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Magical Leaf works good for specially-oriented Grass-types and Razor Leaf works best for physically-oriented Grass-types.

Since three of my favorite grass-types fall into the latter category (Victreebel, Torterra, and Sceptile), I fall for Razor Leaf by default. XD

Back