• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
  • HOyYzKD.jpg

Magic is a product of neither legends nor fairy tales, but instead has become a technology of reality since a time unknown to people. Supernatural power became a technology systematized through magic, while magic became a technical skill. A "Supernatural Power User" became a "Magic Technician." Magic Technicians (in short, Magicians) are nurtured through Magic High Schools and Universities.
    Episode Count: 26
    Season: Spring 2014
    Studio: Madhouse
    MAL link: http://myanimelist.net/anime/20785/Mahouka_Koukou_no_Rettousei
    Best Girl: Miyuki

Because it has to be here just like Kill la Kill was =) And since Lappy dropped it, it's 100% AOTS, discuss!

Last edited by a moderator:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • LOL since Lappy dropped it XD

I dislike incest. I dropped OreImo eventually due to it (I watched it for the otaku humor and good bro helping out douche sis thingy) and I plan to stay away from shows involving it. This, apparently from discussions on MAL, gives off incestual vibes. Miyuki being so damn blushy-blushy and going 'onii-sama- all the time. :p I don't really mind how things are at this point - I'm just gonna think she's just very close and admires him. LN readers reassured on MAL it won't have it in the future. So I'll just enjoy the ride.

I liked the music, the premise and the animation. I leik dem uniforms too. And that busty megane was sweet. :p

Years
  • I agree with Dante in that incestuous vibes normally turn me away from series, but I'm mainly watching it for Tatsuya anyway, and the jealousy comes from wanting him to myself :3 In all seriousness though, I will definitely follow through with watching the entire anime this time around instead of dropping them midway; it's basically the only anime that I'm interested in this season. The school uniforms are pretty neat, especially females where they each seem to have their own design. Animation of Tatsuya fighting was worth a replay, hehe.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I'm going to continue the incest disliking train. I'm not a fan of it either. Granted, I kinda gave it the benefit of the doubt, since maybe Miyuki is like, really shy? I'll wait to see where it goes...

But yea, I really like the premise. I like how they give a full background of the plot at the beginning of the first episode, which is a problem that I often have with anime. And I like the artwork and animation. Tatsuya seems like a really great character, and so far there aren't any characters who I find like, insufferable, so I'm looking forward to seeing more :)

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • I don't think this will be the anime of the season, but the first episode was nice haha. Madhouse seems to be definitely treating this Mahouka with much more care than they did with Mahou Sensou, so that's a relief. So, I'll be following it. I do like how they gave a peek to Tatsuya's past and gave background info for world of Mahouka to not confuse anybody, so far. (praying that Madhouse don't butcher on explaining how CAD works.)

Also, Morisaki looks weird to me, guess I'm too used to the manga version of him. And, HanaKana as Mayumi doesn't seem to be a nice fit with me :x (don't kill me satoshi)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Also, Morisaki looks weird to me, guess I'm too used to the manga version of him. And, HanaKana as Mayumi doesn't seem to be a nice fit with me :x (don't kill me satoshi)
    UGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Just... NO! HanaKana as Mayumi is after Saorin as Miyuki best pick of this series :P
    It's proven by the fact that I was feeling it before the announcement came xD
    But Kana's power will be proven when Mayumi starts her teasing spree =D

And... I never really given a damn about Morisaki... he's annoying side char just like Hattori.

I'm just gonna think she's just very close and admires him.
    And that's exactly how their relationship works =)

I'll let Miyuki say it for herself =)
    Miyuki said:
    "The feelings I have for Onii-sama are not romantic love."

"Romantic love, means you want something from that person doesn't it?"

"But, there is nothing I want from Onii-sama. Because I have already received me myself from him."

I'll let you think of what that means =) But I can assure that it's not incest in the true meaning.
    Actually... from both =D

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    My first impressions are fine, just that the main character's sister is a little too clingy.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • Standard light novel story with standard perfect protagonists with silly flaws like being bad at basic magic (but being boss at high level magic). It was kinda boring, not even the so bad it's good tier. Guess I'll skip it since it's 26ep.

Hope you guys enjoy the battle between the grorious nippon and the evil China (it's really Anti-China). And of course the incest where the girl says ONIISAMA 26 times in an episode.

derozio

Years
  • Well, I hope you enjoy yourself watching your good animu. :D I'm reserving judgement on it till I've seen at least 5 episodes of it. That's approx 1/5th of the series. A safe point to see if I want to drop it in case it goes south. For now, I think the pretty animation and decent soundtrack will hold my attention. I don't read LNs so I'm not sure about it being standard LN stuff but we'll see what happens later on. I mean, CG had a mostly perfect protag. And the second series was mostly silly. But I still enjoyed it.

zZJoennZz

What da!?
    Years
  • "Onii-sama" word pretty much covers Miyuki's role. I heard that the LN was quite good with some fight scenes. The humor in this one isn't that good but still entertaining. I read some facebook post some time ago about "major fight" or something of the sort and I'm expecting something great. The initial impression of the anime is quite good and the vibe of MC(forgotthename) is different from your generic MCs that are too childish. Well at least it's a pro already.

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • derozio

Years
  • Any idea when the second episode will be out? I'm getting impatient. ;;

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Episode 2 impressions:
    Spoiler:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I agree I was also missing the magical test part but once again, MADHOUSE went with memorable scene ending so it kinda made sense. But I would still love to see how Miyuki overpowered everyone with 0,2sec speed =D
    Spoiler:

At least we got some explanations of magic. Erika's magic is pretty high leveled so it kinda surprised me considering how MADHOUSE pushed every explanation into Yoku Wakaru Mahouka...
    About Student Council, in my opinion Tatsuya's interactions with Student Council are seriously awesome =D

And HanaKana is love =D Mayumi got her cutesy phase that's the best way how to show HanaKana's voice =D Verdure, do you see it now? =D

derozio

Years
  • That orange haired girl was voiced by HanaKana?

I thought this was a pleasant watch. I thought the incest joke was funny lel.

derozio

Years
  • Good. I dislike orange girl. President is great, though. Good voice. I like the Discipline head girl the best, though. She's badass. Doesn't have as much oppai as Prez, but good anyway. :p

Idk, it was more of Tatsuya's manner of speaking and other's reactions for me XD

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Good. I dislike orange girl. President is great, though. Good voice. I like the Discipline head girl the best, though. She's badass. Doesn't have as much oppai as Prez, but good anyway. :p
    Why do you not like A-chan?
    Like yea, she's probably not that prominent like the other members (plus her seiyuu is a newbie) but she's cute :D
    You are talking about the orange girl from Student Council, right?

Idk, it was more of Tatsuya's manner of speaking and other's reactions for me XD
    Expressionless guys make the best jokes =D

Back