• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
  • Episode three was decent.

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Ehhhh. That whole fanservice moment is pretty much stuffed in their for the hell of it. But it does show how detached Tatsuya is from his emotions. During that whole instance, Tatsuya had a straight face and showed no signs of ulterior motives. But, besides Tatsuya x Miyuki will never happen, lol.
    It was kinda forced but there was no other way to introduce Tatsuya's self-restoration technique ;)
    Considering this is still the beginning of the series, there is only Miyuki that could "kill" him =)
    That was the whole purpose of the scene =)

"strong admiration" my ass. She's totally into Tatsuya, holy hell.
    Tehe~, wasn't I saying it? xD
    But don't worry, nothing like this happens again =D
    Reasoning above.

I am surprised at how detailed this series is. The internal logic of the magitech is sound. Though the technobabble reaches Trek levels at times.

Also dang, Tatsuya acts like a Human robot at times. This is way beyond dense protagonist levels, can't you see the imouto wants you so bad?

The scanning scene was supposed to highlight how CAD's were supposed to be recalibrated every week due to changes in the human body and emphasize at how professional Tatsuya is over this whole thing, but instead it had the opposite effect in this adaptation (as per adaptation issues) and it became Oreimo bait. LOL
    LN is... but anime isn't that detailed.

Years
  • 3rd ep was good fun. Skipped over the wincest scene.

That scene seemed out of place, to be honest \: I mean, must they have used that particular example to explain the whole recalibrating CADs? XD

I am surprised at how detailed this series is. The internal logic of the magitech is sound. Though the technobabble reaches Trek levels at times.

I'm confused by all the terminology @.@ I feel like I'm in some kind of science class trying to focus on the animation while reading the subtitles.

Years
  • You think that was bad? Just try reading this:

"For Magicians, Psions can be discernible just like visible light and sound waves. This is a mandatory skill for magic, but the side effect is that when Magicians are exposed to unexpected Psion wave motions, they frequently misinterpret that their bodies are swaying. This misunderstanding directly affects the physical body. The reasoning behind this is very similar to hypnotic suggestion, where people under hypnosis are induced into thinking they suffered 'burn injuries', then find out that the physical symptoms reflect their thinking. During the match, I used this illusion of 'swaying motions', causing him to feel an extreme case of seasickness."

"I can't believe it... Magicians are usually exposed to Psion wave motions, and thus become accustomed to these surges. For External Systematic Magic, both Activation Sequences and Magic Sequences are types of Psion wave motions. And yet despite this, to be able to disable a Magician through Psion surge alone, and to cause such a strong effect, exactly how..."

The one who answered Mayumi's question was Suzune.

"Compound waves."

"Rin-chan?"

Just this short sentence was not sufficient for the intelligent Mayumi to understand. Naturally, Suzune's explanation wasn't finished.

"By consecutively creating three varied vibrations, then have their intersection point at Hattori-kun's location, thus creating an equilateral surge through these powerful wave motions. To think you were capable of making such precise calculations."

Still such detail does let the world building run wild. But jeez the verbosity and info dump is quite a slog from the typical series.

Years
  • People have different likes and dislikes. Though as a shonen of course it would appeal to a mass audience. Not that it's a bad thing in and upon itself considering such shows fund a lot of niche series that others would like.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Doesn't feel particularly shounen orientated to me. Feels like something aimed at adult males, well you know what I mean.

Years
  • Ah of course, but considering the Japanese market it's not so surprising. I'm guessing that is also why there is a vast prevalence of yuri and f*tas flying around.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Yeah, I think I'm going to drop it too. I just can't get into it ): It was interesting, just not something I'm going to continue with unless it finishes and you guys like it a lot. Maybe I'll try it again.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • For an anime, the explanation for the Cast loop Psion variable attack was quite detailed.
    For anime that is...
    But those waves were still supposed to be intersected...
    At least Suzune explained the part about 4th variable.

I'm confused by all the terminology @.@ I feel like I'm in some kind of science class trying to focus on the animation while reading the subtitles.
    If you're lost now, you better brace yourself =D
    This is still Systematic Magic =D Once Tats starts using Non-Systematic Magic, it will be... interesting =D

You think that was bad? Just try reading this:

Still such detail does let the world building run wild. But jeez the verbosity and info dump is quite a slog from the typical series.
    And I wanted this explanation in anime...

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • I'm really liking it so far. Although that Miyuki-admiration in the middle of the episode

One does not simply quick read Mahouka :P
    I love the info dumps the most truth to be told...
    I love how detailed the magic system is.

True about that. I swear, I've been reading this since last Saturday and I'm still at chapter 3.
    I had to keep re-reading the info dumps whenever they pop out.
    Like, it's so detailed, but I can't understand what it actually means that I have to keep re-reading them. :'D

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • True about that. I swear, I've been reading this since last Saturday and I'm still at chapter 3.
    I had to keep re-reading the info dumps whenever they pop out.
    Like, it's so detailed, but I can't understand what it actually means that I have to keep re-reading them. :'D
    It's actually very good that you do that.
    Getting grasp of magic system in initial chapters will definitely help you in later chapters =)
    Even though newer and newer magics will keep on appearing =D
    But still... understanding the process of getting from Psion insertion into CAD to temporary phenomena rewrite is key aspect =D

Years
  • Like Netto Azure mentioned before, Mahouka, compared to the typical anime series, throws a lot of information at you @.@ Though I've never taken a look at the LN version, I can only imagine how congested the translations would be, trying to crunch everything in within the same bubble XD Perhaps I will start reading the manga during my 2 week vacation.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Like Netto Azure mentioned before, Mahouka, compared to the typical anime series, throws a lot of information at you @.@ Though I've never taken a look at the LN version, I can only imagine how congested the translations would be, trying to crunch everything in within the same bubble XD Perhaps I will start reading the manga during my 2 week vacation.
    Manga is better in throwing info dumps than anime but it still doesn't compare to the LN =D
    But manga handles the explanations very well.
    In terms of understanding basic concept of magic, manga is probably the best =)

Years
  • Manga is better in throwing info dumps than anime but it still doesn't compare to the LN =D
    But manga handles the explanations very well.
    In terms of understanding basic concept of magic, manga is probably the best =)

I would assume so since episodes are constricted to about 20 minutes, and the amount that they're throwing at us each episode (or at least the last couple) is already enough @_@

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I would assume so since episodes are constricted to about 20 minutes, and the amount that they're throwing at us each episode (or at least the last couple) is already enough @_@
    They did not throw anything :DDDD
    Anyways, with this pace, they could actually adapt 8 volumes and if they do... you should brace yourself for explanation of HIS one magic :D
    Plus there will be some interesting dumps in 9SC... yea, this nearly isn't enough :D

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Anyways, with this pace, they could actually adapt 8 volumes and if they do... you should brace yourself for explanation of HIS one magic :D
    Plus there will be some interesting dumps in 9SC... yea, this nearly isn't enough :D

Adapting 1 full volume within 3 episodes, not to mention another 23 episodes to go... yeah, I guess they can. P:

At any rate, while in the LN, I keep forgetting what does what, which term is which. The amount of info dumps is starting to get to me, 'cause I'm not used to so many info dumps. I guess I have to start writing down terms so I won't forget. :'D

Back