• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PCL] Majestic Milotics II

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • I do love Zard-Y as it's a fantastic wallbreaker, though in turn, I find Mega-houndoom kinda.. tough to build around.

If I had to choose one it'd be the former, I suppose, unless you guys have very nice team ideas for one.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Houndoom @ Houndoominite
    Ability: Flash Fire
    - Nasty Plot
    - Fire Blast
    - Dark Pulse
    - Sludge Bomb

Heatran @ Power Herb
    - Stealth Rock
    - Solar Beam
    - Magma Storm
    - Sunny Day

Talonflame @ Choice Band
    Ability: Flame Body
    - Brave Bird
    - Flare Blitz
    - U-turn
    - Tailwind

Weavile @ Life Orb
    Ability: Pressure
    - Knock Off
    - Icicle Crash
    - Ice Shard
    - Poison Jab

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Intimidate
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Explosion
    - U-turn

or

Garchomp @ Salac Berry
    Ability: Rough Skin
    - Sunny Day
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Tail
    - Toxic

if we ran garchomp we could remove heatran (put rocks on it) and put another more useful mon in there like rotom and then still use lati for defog. other than that i think(?) everything is covered and can be beaten if played right. idk.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Rotom w deals with all 3. Tflame takes care of keldeo. Then weavile and rotom take care of lado.

Years
  • I worry though that we're playing the "nothing can faint" game with that team. It looks to me that the minute a single pokemon faints its game over.

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2022
    No you don't have to, but you should or else you're not really using the mon to its fullest potential. We could just do Zard y though I guess. I'd still like to get the other members' inputs too

If you have to run so much support that your team ends up being a really bad sunny day spam kind of team just so it can be used to it's 'fullest potential', how is that worthwhile? Without sun, it's still a mon with base 140 SpA and base 115 speed and access to Nasty Plot. Is using Manaphy on a non-rain team also a no for you, because that's not using it to it's 'fullest potential'?

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Theres a difference between abilities. And with the team I'm thinking of, garchomp would be the only one using sunny day and it would be pretty much the last thing it did. If it gets it off then great if not then like you said, Houndoom is still a pretty decent mon. Just like if talonflame can get off a tailwind before it died that'd be great, but if not Houndoom is still pretty good. And so long as you don't play haphazardly you shouldn't be worried about losing the game with the death of one mon. Houndoom, garchomp, tflame, rotom-w, weavile and starmie or lati shouldn't be scary or leave a lot of room for worry. But anyways, let's see some more options.

Years
  • So, since this is just a team building thing and not a battle I don't feel so terrible for suggesting this lol. What about a team with an emphasis on shutting down the opponents momentum and sweepers or that can whittle stall down?

I was just randomly talking with Sopheria and a team like this ended up popping up

Jirachi | Togekiss | Thundurus | Heatran | Latios | M-Gyarados

Edit: I ended up making it lol, thoughts?

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • The goal is obviously to make the most viable team possible that can have success in the OU metagame. After all of the teams are submitted, they will go through a series of test battles and Anti will judge the teams based on viability, creativity, synergy, and overall functionality.
    Don't be afraid to break-the-meta! Don't build a generic cookie cutter team. A Landorus, Keldeo, Serperior, Clefable core is boring! Take a risk and build something interesting.

It's a pretty common average team.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I'm in the middle of testing the team i mentioned. I've done about 15 battles and have lost 4 of them due to rng mostly. One time I got destroyed by sand rush team but that's the only thing that's been a big deal. I'm going to try and change up m-hound's stats and see if it fares better another way and then post up some replays to get a feel for it in action. It does lack a fighting type at the moment which I do need to fix.

edit: heres the 'final' team

Houndoom @ Houndoominite
    EVs: 40 HP / 8 Def / 208 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Nasty Plot
    - Fire Blast
    - Dark Pulse
    - Sludge Bomb

Talonflame @ Choice Band
    Ability: Gale Wings
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Brave Bird
    - Flare Blitz
    - U-turn
    - Tailwind

Weavile @ Life Orb
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Knock Off
    - Icicle Crash
    - Ice Shard
    - Poison Jab

Garchomp @ Salac Berry
    Ability: Rough Skin
    EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Tail
    - Toxic

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
    Bold Nature
    - Volt Switch
    - Hydro Pump
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Pain Split

Scizor @ Leftovers
    Ability: Technician
    EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
    Impish Nature
    - Defog
    - Superpower
    - Bullet Punch
    - U-turn

switched out latias for Scizor and got a little higher. I've used tailwind twice, both times against a landorus. very helpful. im not the best at battling, but i got up around to 1500 last night before i fell asleep. the team works, you just have to play it right. the loss of lati on the team means that weavile and talonflame dont have as many opportunities to tear through or wear things down. but it gives a fighting type move which was much needed on the team. im also missing a grass type move but theres not much i can do about that without changing a whole lot about the team. hp grass on houndoom is quite ineffective. you might try it out and see what you can do and what you can change about it to make it better. its a good team regardless, this is further than ive made it with most of my other teams anyways.

a few stupid things that came up as problematic are the fact that everyone loves choice scarf. and then the random mono ghost team has outplayed me a couple of times. other than that ive not really had a problem. i just had to play a little smarter than i usually do to get anywhere. its definitely not a team that you can just throw something out without giving it any thought. weavile and tflame do their job of tearing through a lot of things while everything else wears it down, and then mhoundoom comes out on the random zard y or other sunny day user and pays his dues. to really take anything out with it though you have to use a tailwind since theres a lot it cant outspeed, and then nasty plot once or twice.

i really am not a fan of rotom, so if theres anything that could fill its place better then id be all for that. but its not doing the worst of jobs right now. and garchomp needs a different item since it gets outsped by almost everything ive sent it in on anyways.

Last edited:
    Years
  • If you're determined to use that team (and having battled against it, it is quite good) I would suggest maybe just going straight for your typical bulky helmet Garchomp? I think keeping Rotom is a good thing though, it's another pokemon that can easily come in on an EQ or T-Wave and then shut down the offender with will-o-wisp or force the switch.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Well since nobody has really said anything otherwise, I guess we'll just run with that team? There are a few days left if anyone wants to throw up something else but we've been dead for a while so.

Spoiler:

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • Some new clan openings. :)

You're replacing Void. in Majestic Milotics for inactivity reasons. Good luck!
    Well hey guys!

Do any of your details need changing in the below member list? I'm ddrox13 on here and the Battle Server (and on Skype if that is relevant), and my timezone is UTC-4 due to Daylight Savings being in effect.
    Do you play any formats besides OU? I certainly can play UU, Monotype, VGC, and BH, but can learn anything not named Ubers pretty quick. Screw Ubers.
    Do you have any goals for this season? Stop sucking, learn how to beat Talonflame and M-Sabelye, etc.

Sadly, this couldn't have come at a more inconvenient time, as I'll have to take a LoA from Wednesday-Sunday next week due to vacation. I'll still check the forum on my phone, but I won't be on the battle server.

That team looks really cool.

Years
  • Well hey guys!

Do any of your details need changing in the below member list? I'm ddrox13 on here and the Battle Server (and on Skype if that is relevant), and my timezone is UTC-4 due to Daylight Savings being in effect.
    Do you play any formats besides OU? I certainly can play UU, Monotype, VGC, and BH, but can learn anything not named Ubers pretty quick. Screw Ubers.
    Do you have any goals for this season? Stop sucking, learn how to beat Talonflame and M-Sabelye, etc.

Sadly, this couldn't have come at a more inconvenient time, as I'll have to take a LoA from Wednesday-Sunday next week due to vacation. I'll still check the forum on my phone, but I won't be on the battle server.

That team looks really cool.

Welcome to the winning team ;)

PS. Slowbrow walls the living shit out of Talon and M-Sableye dies to fairies.

Back