• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PCL] Majestic Milotics II

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • Hey there Milotics, this is our official clan HQ! Before we get into it, please fill out this form, just to get an idea about your strengths and weaknesses:

Code:
    [PLAIN][b]Do any of your details need changing in the below member list?[/b]
    [b]Do you play any formats besides OU?[/b]
    [b]Do you have any goals for this season?[/b] (things to improve upon)[/PLAIN]

Members:
    • Dragon [bellossom, Kou Noodles, Lailah-tan] [GMT -5]
    • aeternum [O'aka XXIII] [GMT -4]
    • Void. [Void] [GMT 0]
    • gimmepie [gimmepie] [GMT +8]
    • Noa [Noa Noodles, Noa-tan] [GMT -8]
    • Evening [Sandwich King] [GMT +8]

Last edited by a moderator:

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
  • Do any of your details need changing in the below member list? Nope.
    Do you play any formats besides OU? I am most confident in NU, I also play Ubers.
    Do you have any goals for this season? (things to improve upon) To actually figure my way around OU, I'd really like to become a better OU player so I can keep up with everyone else!!

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Do any of your details need changing in the below member list? nope
    Do you play any formats besides OU? I do UU and Monotype every now and then
    Do you have any goals for this season? (things to improve upon) Not making stupid plays, taking a step back and not feeling like I have to rush through battles since that's where most of my mistakes are made. also need to work on not making teams with shitty sets.

Years
  • Do any of your details need changing in the below member list? My PS username is Sandwich King.
    Do you play any formats besides OU? Not yet, but I'm working on it.
    Do you have any goals for this season? Get better. That's all.

Years
  • Do any of your details need changing in the below member list? Nope
    Do you play any formats besides OU? Monotype somewhat often and I'm thinking of trying Ubers.
    Do you have any goals for this season? Winning more often? xD

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • for the teambuilding competition we should make a team based around a special attacking blissey

I think it'd be fun to build a team around mega houndoom, Milotic or mega swampert.

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2022
    I had a mega swampert rain team that got quite a lot of wins last PCL and in tours on smogon, but overall rain can be kinda eh, some matchups make it impossible to win with it and there isn't really that much variation you can have with them. Mega houndoom sounds cooler imo, or even something like mega aerodactyl.

Years
  • Mega-houndoom is too loaded with weaknesses, at least mega-aerodactyl has a ground immunity. So if we're picking an interesting mega as our centrepiece I'd rather not use houndoom.

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2022
    I dunno, I'm actually a pretty big fan of mega houndoom in OU, great speed tier and power, plus it switches in for free on stuff like mega sableye and really punishes those fat bulky teams. In terms of typing, the dark and ghost resist is quite rare tbh and really nice to have. In comparison, I find mega gallade kind of lacklustre, it struggles with the common defensive mons in the tier and has pretty bad 4mss, lando-t and slowbro are so common and it only has 1 slot for either knock off or ice punch (even with knock off you're not beating mega bro anyway). Of course, sableye hard walls it no matter what too. That's just my opinion though, if every else is on board with mega gallade we can still go with that I guess.

On another note, do we have to keep this team discussion on this thread? I feel like doing this on skype or anything with an instant message/live chat kinda thing would be way better, it's difficult to get a proper teambuilding discussion going on a forum.

Years
  • I'd be up for taking it to Skype if the others would prefer to do so. Anyway you raise good points as far as Mega-Gallade. Mega-Houndoom still doesn't do it for me though, Ground and Fighting practically run the meta and both are widespread as coverage moves.

Houndoom might get Solarbeam and Thunder Fang for dealing with water-types at least but without either dedicating a slot to Sunny Day or running Ninetales Solarbeam is just handing a free switch to your opponent whilst it bulky water-types will swallow T-Fang easily due to Houndoom's lacklustre physical attack. Basically, Houndoom has all the same problems as Gallade. As far as fire-types go Heatran and the Zards and probably even Infernape and Moltres would be better options.

On that note, I'd like to propose Charizard-Y as a potential option. Everyone always expects X, so it would be an interesting way to catch the opponent off-guard. Plus it has drought/solarbeam built in and an immunity to those pesky ground types. Stealth Rock poses something of an issue there though so we'd need good support.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • so if we went with houndoom we'd be running a weavile and t-flame, maybe solarbeam heatran and then have to use two pokemon able to sunny day to make it worth our while. so if heatran was using sday then it would be something like sbeam, sday, magma storm, rocks with a power herb or balloon. then we'd use something else that can sday like clefable, klefki or maybe even serperior.

and then there's zard y

Years
  • so if we went with houndoom we'd be running a weavile and t-flame, maybe solarbeam heatran and then have to use two pokemon able to sunny day to make it worth our while. so if heatran was using sday then it would be something like sbeam, sday, magma storm, rocks with a power herb or balloon. then we'd use something else that can sday like clefable, klefki or maybe even serperior.

and then there's zard y

Yes, definitely too much support needs to go into Houndoom.

What about Zard Y? lol

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2022
    Don't think we're on the same page here, I'm talking about nasty plot/fire blast/dark pulse houndoom with sludge bomb, taunt or wisp in the last slot. Just because it gets solar power as an ability doesn't mean you need to be running a sunny day set.

zard y is always a nice balance breaker.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • No you don't have to, but you should or else you're not really using the mon to its fullest potential. We could just do Zard y though I guess. I'd still like to get the other members' inputs too

Last edited:
    Back