• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Making B/W a walk to remember

Itstoppedatumbreon

Destroying Zubats since 1996
Years
  • im gonna do what i did on diamond that strangly i didnt do on any of my games since yellow. ill catch evry pokemon i see!!!!!!(all my boxes on diamond are full!)

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
  • LIke above i did that with diamond too, and it was so awesome, ill catch the pokemon despite having 10 of them already. I just didnt do it in platinum as it didnt feel new enough. and i'm gonna walk on every tile and talk to evry person, pokemon and wall.

myrrh25

New account soon.
    Years
  • I'll be doing what I've never done on a Pokemon game ever.
    Focus on catching every Pokemon I find, wether I'll be using them or not, and I won't use Action Replay on it.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    I think im gonna just take my time. I did it with the old games and im gonna do it with this one, it makes it alot more fun. No AR either, even for items, im getting them them the old fashioned way. I didn't use AR on my HG until i needed items but after i used it my experience went kinda "eh" after, so im gonna avoid using it period this time. Lastly, everyone's favourite, level grinding woot. ;x lol

Oh and no in depth spoilers.

Last edited:

Pandesal

W - Luna! Trigger!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2011
    I suppose, like some others here, I'll try to catch a wider variety of Pokemon this time. When I played through Pearl, I pretty much decided on which Pokemon I wanted on my team the moment all the Pokemon were revealed, but I'll try to catch and raise some others for B/W.

Might be easier to do this time considering it's going to be a 'fresh start', but I'll probably still spoil myself on all the new Pokemon's stats and movesets and pick my favourites before the US version is released ._.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    The very first pokemon game I played was Blue. I'm pretty sure my first evolution was a caterpie. It was memorable and fun for me to catch the crappy early pokemon and actually train them because I didn't know who was good. (I thought Rattata was amazing)

Indeed this game seems like a fresh start. I've already stopped reading the new information that gets leaked often; this way it'll really be new to me.

Jaiyke

Dog Wizard
    Years
  • yeah i never use AR first runthrough so i won't be starting heehee
    (not like it's a problem since i lost it >.>;)
    in Black i think i'm just gonna take my sweet time on it
    i usually just try and get to the credits before 24 hours (on every game) xD
    but on White i'll do my "under 24 hour rule" =P

like most i'll "try" and catch every new Pokemon... but doubles or triples.. meh only for starters xDD
    i'm gonna stick to my rule and use Pokemon i like and not worry about a fully Balanced Team though that didn't go well in Diamond xDD
    woo!! so pumped for this =DD

first game: Blue starter: Bulbasaur first Evolved: Pidgey>Pidgeotto
    First Loss: Lorelei of the Kanto E4 =\ i hated her...

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
  • Pokemon Gold was the good old days :) Not being able to tell the shapes in the lab were pokeballs for 3 months, catching everything and figuring out what had no effectiveness, discovering kanto, catching pidgey with a master ball... oh the good times of being 4 and 5. But now I catch everything, and try to get my pokedex really high before the E4 even. Now I'm gonna pick a really fun team, adventure everything, and catch em all! Can't wait for Isshu!

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
  • Pokemon Gold was the good old days :) Not being able to tell the shapes in the lab were pokeballs for 3 months, catching everything and figuring out what had no effectiveness, discovering kanto, catching pidgey with a master ball... oh the good times of being 4 and 5. But now I catch everything, and try to get my pokedex really high before the E4 even. Now I'm gonna pick a really fun team, adventure everything, and catch em all! Can't wait for Isshu!
    Yeah i know, it an undescribable feeling. The first game i played was Silver, nd i just somehow felt so happy playing it, its weird.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    As nice as Gold/Silver may be, let's stick to B/W.

Clefairies

I'm always chasing rainbows.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    I will just play through storyline mode, catch pokemon that I find cute or wish to use against certain gym leaders etc.
    I probably won't worry bout IVs etc, I never have - I doubt I will start now.
    I will also just enjoy exploring Isshu. (:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I don't think the PokeWalker will be reintroduced into Gen 5.
    I'm sure by now there would have been a little snippet or article mentioning PokeWalkers or if we recieve a new one etc with the new game - But there hasn't.

Also, I find it unlikely that HG/SS PokeWalkers will be compatable for the new game, as many have said I believe the PokeWalker was just a remake of the Pikachu Wyatt thing for G/S/C and they remade it for HG/SS to interest fans even more.

I also left my PokeWalker untouched, its never even left the box, it never appealed to me to use in SS.
    Uh not that type of Walk...
    I will also try to capture all the pokemon in an area before I move on to another and give myself sidequests ;)

Years
  • I will take my time to enjoy black and white and not to finish it in the 1st day.

First Game:Sapphire
    First Pokemon:Treeco
    First pokemon evolved:Treeco to grovyle
    First lost:Against Norman

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
  • I will take my time to enjoy black and white and not to finish it in the 1st day.

First Game:Sapphire
    First Pokemon:Treeco
    First pokemon evolved:Treeco to grovyle
    First lost:Against Norman
    What are you talking about, this isnt about RS, unless your pointing at what you did in sapphire and that you were gonna do the same thing in BW.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    i dont use AR unless i clone, walk threw walls, or for the hell of it teach a pokemon a completely wacko move :cer_laugh: but i wont be doing it on my first 3run throughs (1for each beginner)

im gonna just focus on making a well balanced team, probably running kibago, tsutarja, rankurusu, emonga, & meguroko already as some of my mains

like always ill probably raise my beginner 5-10 levels higher than the rest of my team just cuz my beginner is usually my main pokemon& my fav, most beloved in my team

like always ill run a grass,water,fire,electric,&dragon type pokemon in my team

ill treat it as if its a completely brand new journey since its in a completely different area of the pokemon world :)

Back