• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Male or Female?

blue

gucci
Years
  • In just three days many of us will be starting our journey in the Kalos Region! As always we will be prompted to choose our gender. Now I've seen many people "Gender Bend" in these Pokémon games recently, in which they choose the opposite gender protagonist. ;)

So which protagonist will you be playing as? Will it be Serena or Calem?

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • I usually pick the male protagonist on my first playthrough. Now with X/Y, i was going to pick the female because Calem looked way too generic, but after seeing the many and diverse customization options, i´m going to pick him after all (:

Years
  • I will be going as Calem simply because I've gone with the male character since HeartGold and because I can customize Calem to look so much like me.. if it wasn't for the customization of the characters, then I could have gone for Serena as I have indeed gender-bent in past games.

MaoMint

☘ 小猫咪 ☘
    Years
  • I will go with Serena!
    I usually take the female character because I feel awkward playing a guy (that is as long as there's an option)
    Although - I do usually take the male character in FR/LG because I simply can't get used to the female characters hat. 3:
    Anyway - for X/Y it's most certainly Serena for me!

Years
  • Serena! I've always picked my gender, although I was a little tempted this generation to go male with the customization. Either would be fun to play and decorate with, but I'm going to have my trainer represent me.

Years
  • Well i've gender bended quite a few times, namely in my side games. Although I played as myself in my main White 2 game, so I kinda feel I should do that in whichever one I make my main game here. But I do like that female character...so i'm not completely settled on either yet for my main game.

Maybe i'll play as myself in my main game and play as the girl in the other if I do a Nuzlocke or something; we'll see.

Zethremar

Entirely Uninteresting
    Years
  • I will picking and playing as Calem because of the customization options that are offered in the game. If it wasn't for that and they both were generic I would probably pick Serena.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    i going with male. because the customize they add into the game

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I'm going to pick Serena for being better designed than Calem. I can't wait to try out someof the outfits she could wear.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    sticking with male i don't see any real reason besides preference so far doesn't seem like there is any differences so just sticking with the dude

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2014
    I will be doing what I always do, play a male character in one game, and a female in the other

pedrito3_poke

Banana
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2022
    Well, I think it's always better for the gaming experience to choose character that best ressembles you, so I'm going with Xavier (planning on costumizing it a lot, though, too bad I don't think we'll be able to choose hoodies).

Btw I'm surprised that so many people still don't know about Xavier and Yvonne after all this time...

pedrito3_poke

Banana
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2022
    Xavier is what Calems name was better known as pre-release media, same goes for Serena/Yvonne.

I know that but I never got to understand why, since it's been pretty clear for a long time in the official website that Serena/Calem is the name of the rival.

Back