• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Manly Tears - Most Depressing Moments in Anime

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
  • I'd agree with Shana, even though i've only watched 3 or 4 episodes.

The whole idea of just vanishing without a trace is depressing.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • Grave of the Fireflies had me in tears at several points. Can't bear to watch again. Maybe some evening when I feel particularly masochistic, or just a little too happy.

I was watching The Rise of Darkrai last night and was surprised to find tears in my eyes when Darkrai 'died'. Odd.

The final episode of Angel Beats! was absolutely heartwrenching and had me sobbing like a baby. I would watch that one again though, and have, multiple times.

helix

tea-binger.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    Grave of the fireflies was like a psycological harass. It was a beautiful anime but...I'll never rewatch it.

Word, man, word.

Also, I cried like a... well, like a little kid over the last moments of
    Air the anime.
    But nothing can really reduce me into an un-manly mess of tears now that I've done and seen
    Grave of the Fireflies. Good gracious, that... movie.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • One or two tears during the montage at the end of 5 Centimeters Per Second. I was expecting more as i know a couple of people that absolutely drowned in tears watching this.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Not sure if i've posted this one in here yet but in True Tears when....

Spoiler:

The more i remember that the more this anime stands out as one of my favourites.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    Grave of the Fireflies.

I cried like a child at the end of that film. I was genuinely expecting it to end differently

Naive little me

i actually just saw the movie and came LOOKING for this thread :'(
    many manly tears..... so many tears...... WHY DID IT HAVE TO END LIKE THAT? i mean, i can't watch sad things, i really can't.... i'm a softy, i know, but i just get so into the story, and when it ends like GotF, i loose it....... sad face :'(
    all i know is it's my new favorite movie.... and the saddest movie I've ever seen.
    glad i'm not alone, though
    EDIT
    one thing that didn't really make me cry, but was more WTF, SHE CAN'T DIE!
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • I cried so hard at the end of the Rurouni Kenshin Seisouhen OVA. I found the ending really emotional.
    I'd be suprised if the Grave of the Fireflies didn't get anyone...
    And I felt bad during D.Gray-man, I would have probably cried if I hadn't been a little spoiled a little by seeing pictures of the third Uniform, when Kanda fell. ;-; But then again, DGM has more Heart-attacking moments. xD

SuperiorCat

トウコ
    Years
  • Pretty much the whole of Clannad After Story left me in tears. The 2 tragic moments have been mentioned so many times in this thread, I find it hardly worth repeating. Same with Code Geass.

Another anime that brought me to tears was Ef- a tale of memories.
    Spoiler:

That was pretty sad. ;-;

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
  • Pokemon The movie (that one with Mewtwo)
    ~When Ash turned to stone and everybody started crying, I just died.

Naruto Shippuden
    Spoiler:

Yep, these are probably some obvious ones and I'm sure there are more from other anime I've watched.

Oh em jee me too! Exactly the same!

Ctrl.Alt.Geak

Swords Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    I'd be suprised if the Grave of the Fireflies didn't get anyone...
    I actually didnt shed a tear in Grave of the Fireflies, I found it to be an incredibly sad film, but it just didnt bring me to tears for some reason.

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
  • Rather than wrap this entire post in spoiler tags, I'll just name episodes rather than scenes...

• Fullmetal Alchemist, "Night of the Chimera's Cry" and "Words of Farewell," episodes 7 and 25 respectively.
    • The 13th and final episode of Angel Beats!, "Graduation."
    • Wolf's Rain episode 29, "High Tide, High Time."
    • Ouran High School Host Club episode 13, "Haruhi in Wonderland." I'm... probably one of the few who found this sad and/or actually cried at the end of this episode.
    TBH I haven't watched much anime compared to most fans, but out of what I have watched, these episodes are legendary to me. Especially that second to last episode of Wolf's Rain, which happens to be my first "real" anime.

Oh, and I have watched both seasons of Clannad, and... I honestly found it way too obnoxious/preachy to shed any tears over it. Every second I was forced to watch irritated the hell out of me. :|

Kenta-kun

死神
    Years
  • The ending to Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket is the probably the only thing that'll get me every time. Bernie! :'(

Yes, yes. A THOUSAND TIMES yes. Being, like, my second-favorite anime series of all time and unquestionably my favorite Gundam, I've seen 0080 like 5 times through. And every time, it gets me *right there*. Even people who don't like mecha should watch 0080. It's a masterpiece.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Manly tears? You are all smalltime.
    Spoiler:

Martins

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    I have to say I never cried during any moment in an anime, but Clannad's after story, was too sad and a tear almost fell.

Throat

Oldschool pokemon
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Back