• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

//Map of the Week\\ - Vote for it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Why did no-one tell me I was entered in this? I shouldn't have won; my map wasn't even eligible (I think).
    Why? It's made in RPG Maker XP, a program nothing to do with hacking. In short, it's not from a hack. Which means you should give the prize to ~Fire, not me.
    If you're thinking "why did I post it here?", then it's because I saw some others posting RMXP maps. I stopped because I guess the others at Game Dev didn't like it :S Sorry for the confusion!

Oh, and I have improved the tiles drastically since I posted here; a screen with them can be found in my thread :P
    Well, lets see:

1) Well, this is called MAP of the Week, meaning RPG XP and Hacking.
    2) You actually did win, and I said in the notes, I'll add OLD maps if I have to. ;D

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Well, lets see:

1) Well, this is called MAP of the Week, meaning RPG XP and Hacking.
    2) You actually did win, and I said in the notes, I'll add OLD maps if I have to. ;D

In that case, making a similar thread to this in the Game Development section might be a good idea; if they have shared candidate maps, you'd get more voters. You should also add that any maps regardless of how they were made are eligible to the rules.

However, Game Dev doesn't have a map rating thread, so unless one is made, you won't get many submissions...

And what about other methods? RMXP's not the only program for making games, and let's not forget about Alistair and his Paint maps :P

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    I vote for haefeles Map. The map is just amazing. The tiles and placement of everything is very good. It deserves to win. :D

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
  • I vote for Neti's map because I know mine won't win :)

His map is very nice, I like the African Huoshi tiles. It's really good. Just something I don't like: the smal island which has a (the thing you lie on).

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Come on guys, what are you, 6 feet under?
    Where are the votes? :O

Anyways, the winner this boring week is haefele's Map!
    Congratulations.

Votes:
    hafele's Map - 3 votes.
    Neti's Map - 1 vote.

I'll go get the maps.

Okay, added~

Last edited:

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • My Vote: 4th Gen Matt's Map

Why? The map's shape is grand. I love the placement of all the tiles. The tiles/palettes just make it that much better.

Madridista

Years
  • You should of chosen my other map ;< I think it's way better than the other one...

Btw, if I could vote I would of vote for 4th Gen Matt's map.

Good house and tree shape. And the tiles/palettes make the map look wonderful.

Neti

Inactive
    Years
  • I vote for Lucario9's Map, because of its complexity, naturality and size.
    even though it doesnt look like, you only have a tiny path that you can walk through, its like a maze

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    I vote for: Lucario9's map
    Why: Because i think that the shape of the mountain is perfect and that grass is spread very well along the route
    Great Job

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Lucario 9's Map, my vote goes to it, because the mountain is done pretty good, the placement of the grass is great, and the spreading of the trees in a random, and wonderful way.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Okay, this weeks winner is Lucario 9's Map! :D (again)
    Congratulations! :D

Votes:
    Lucario 9 - 3 votes
    4th Gen Matt - 1 vote

Ditched
    Madridista's vote - Doesn't have 30 posts yet. (Ditched from 4th Gen Matt's vote)

Okay, I'll go get the maps now. :3
    Be right back~

Okay, maps have been added.
    Happy voting~

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2014
    I vote for Stealth's map..
    Because the mountains, grassplacement, cave entrances and waterfalls all look so naturally placed, and makes me want to play the game(if it were to come).. This is one of the best maps I've ever seen!

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • My Vote: Stealth's Map

Why?: The map is wonderfully complex. The mountains are placed in a perfect way. The tree placement is also wonderful. There are no faults in this map.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    I vote for TB Pro's map.
    Because I simply love the tiles used, and the map execution is quite fantastic. Sure Stealth's map is amazing, but TB's really sets the bar for simplicity, and if running through it in the game, it would be just soo much more enjoyable than any other map here.
    ^^

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    I am pretty sure I had posted my vote. :\ I can't see it..

Anyways, I vote for Stealth's map. It has a great shape, and the scattering of everything is very good.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back