• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Cerberus~

Challengite
    Years
    Map Name: Garnet Town

Map Game:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Comments: I made this pretty quickly, it's for my hack Pokemon Sandstorm: Mewtwo's Front. View the thread when you can. Anyway, rate away!

Mapshot:
    Map Rating/Review Thread
    Map Rating/Review Thread

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
    I made this map just now and I would like to see if my maps are any good.
    game: fire red
    map name: don't know
    comments: This is a starting town.
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Jordy San

The fire-breathing Dutch-Boy
    Years
    I made this map just now and I would like to see if my maps are any good.
    game: fire red
    map name: don't know
    comments: This is a starting town.
    Map Rating/Review Thread

I like the tileset, the tree placement is good.
    But the lab realy screws the map up!
    because of the lab i have to give it a 6.6/10

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
    I know what you mean. I just didn't feel like inserting a new building to fix that one problem.
    Edit: now I do.
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Last edited:

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
    Years
    Map Name: Upper Duglak Falls
    ROM: Fire Red BPRE
    Hack: Pokémon Enigma
    Credits: Xiros - tiles, rhevarhe_duh - tiles, pey! - tiles, kyledove - tiles

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Comments: I'm not really sure I like how this turned out but, I'd like it rated anyways. I'm aware that the same regular grass tile is used throughout the map. I didn't change those yet because I'm unsure whether or not I'll even use this map. The two caves connect each other but they can't be reached until later. The house there might be where you get the Old Rod. Not entirely sure yet.

indepth

Soon to be..
    Years
    This is my 5th and 6th map..

Time for me to post a map or two..
    Map name:
    Greenwich path
    Map of:
    Pokémon Fire Red
    Comments:
    This is the first route of my hack Pokemon Legend of Ryoshun.
    Picture:

Map Rating/Review Thread
    Map number two
    Map name:
    Mt Pluto
    Map of:
    Pokémon Fire Red
    Comments:
    This is the first cave of my hack Pokémon Legend of Ryoshun.
    Picture:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2011
    It seems I was passed over, last time...

Map Name: Note Town Outskirts

Map Game: Fire Red

Comments: The stating town/village/whatever two houses beside a town is... Neighborhood?

Mapshot:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Nikkie.

Nikeiphoros, eh?
    Years
    Rating

Comments: The stating town/village/whatever two houses beside a town is... Neighborhood?

Mapshot:
    Map Rating/Review Thread
    Simple rating system.
    You've got errors within the rows of the little trees. And the mountains look alittle odd. The flowers are over done, there's no path, how would the next map connect? For all that, you get a rating of 3/10

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    Map Name: Upper Duglak Falls
    ROM: Fire Red BPRE
    Hack: Pokémon Enigma
    Credits: Xiros - tiles, rhevarhe_duh - tiles, pey! - tiles, kyledove - tiles

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Comments: I'm not really sure I like how this turned out but, I'd like it rated anyways. I'm aware that the same regular grass tile is used throughout the map. I didn't change those yet because I'm unsure whether or not I'll even use this map. The two caves connect each other but they can't be reached until later. The house there might be where you get the Old Rod. Not entirely sure yet.

Comment: It's an awesome map.
    Rating: 9/10
    Suggestion: None...

Time for me to post a map or two..
    Map name:
    Greenwich path
    Map of:
    Pokémon Fire Red
    Comments:
    This is the first route of my hack Pokemon Legend of Ryoshun.
    Picture:

Spoiler:
    Map number two
    Map name:
    Mt Pluto
    Map of:
    Pokémon Fire Red
    Comments:
    This is the first cave of my hack Pokémon Legend of Ryoshun.
    Picture:
    Spoiler:

Map 1...
    Comment: Needs more work. It doesn't look appealing enough, though...
    Rating: 5/10
    Suggestion: Try and look at the map tutorials. It is very helpful for mappers.

Map 2...
    Comment: Too plain... It's too simple...
    Rating: 4/10
    Suggestion: Try and add some mazes to it.

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Comment: Too simple and it really feels empty...
    Rating: 3/10
    Suggestion: Try and read some mapping tutorials. It is really a helpful tutorial for mappers.

Map Name: twinleaf

Comments: imk just redoing maps for sinnoh legacy

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Comment: The tiles are good but the map is too plain and it doesn't look good. The map looks like a scratch...
    Rating: 3/10
    Suggestion: Try and think of what you'll map first and then add in your creativity. Also, read some mapping tutorials. It's a very useful tutorial...

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    My first map didn't get rated, but I'm not surprised... it wasn't very good. So here's another much much better town I've made.
    Spoiler:

Not part of a hack since I screwed up on the edges (probably) but I like the map, and I might remake it later to actually use. (If I ever do a hack.)
    Ok, so now that everyone else has had their map rated, maybe someone could do mine?

Years
    My first map didn't get rated, but I'm not surprised... it wasn't very good. So here's another much much better town I've made.

Not part of a hack since I screwed up on the edges (probably) but I like the map, and I might remake it later to actually use. (If I ever do a hack.)

YAO. THIS MAP IS TWO EMPTY. IT NEEDZ MOAR TREEZ. PLZ ADD MOAR TREEZ.

Really, it's way too empty. The paths are way too uniform. Mix it up. The same regular grass tile is used throughout the entire map. You have five different tiles. USE THEM.

4/10

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    Spoiler:

COMMENT: It's too empty for a town. It's quite good for a route, but not appealing to be a town. Add some grass on that map and it'll be a nice route. But even so, the trees and bushes, as well as the flowers are a bit annoying to look at, for maybe they're too scattered around the map?
    RATING: Since it's a town... 2/10
    SUGGESTION: Read some mapping tutorials and look at other town maps from great mappers like Neti.

I sort of got skipped over so could someone rate it please?

Spoiler:

COMMENT: Is it a town, or a route? Hm... I doubt it's a town, seeing as it only has one building there...
    RATING: 5/10
    REASON: You have used some of the tiles wrong. It may be a good map, but wrong usage of tiles ruin even the most appealing map.
    SUGGESTION: Look at the tiles and understand their use carefully. Also, reading map tutorials won't hurt, right? It may also add to your creativeness.

Haz

Haz ya seen my hack?
    Years

COMMENT: Is it a town, or a route? Hm... I doubt it's a town, seeing as it only has one building there...
    RATING: 5/10
    REASON: You have used some of the tiles wrong. It may be a good map, but wrong usage of tiles ruin even the most appealing map.
    SUGGESTION: Look at the tiles and understand their use carefully. Also, reading map tutorials won't hurt, right? It may also add to your creativeness.

Well it was originally a Farm. Tha't why there a great big paddocks there.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2022
    Map Name: Route ?
    Map Game: RPG Maker XP
    Comments: I've made a map, a big map and I spent a lot of time into it. Hope you like it, because in another forum, it was criticized.

Map Rating/Review Thread

In a link, because it is a huge map.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Amaz!ng

Rating: Nope... probably 6/10 (If it was made in A-Map... 9.5/10)
    It's completely unfair that you posted this map. Sure it's beautiful, but it doesn't take much to map in RMXP. Now, instead of posting it here where it doesn't belong, take it to the Screenshots Showcase in the Game Making section.

Seriously, am I the only one here that read the front post? It sure seems like it now.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2022
    Oh, sorry, but I posted this, because maybe I'll use it for my hack. :/
    Thanks for the hint.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    Amaz!ng

Rating: Nope... probably 6/10 (If it was made in A-Map... 9.5/10)
    It's completely unfair that you posted this map. Sure it's beautiful, but it doesn't take much to map in RMXP. Now, instead of posting it here where it doesn't belong, take it to the Screenshots Showcase in the Game Making section.

Seriously, am I the only one here that read the front post? It sure seems like it now.

Sorry, but I didn't see anything saying you absolutely can't post maps from RMXP.

Map Name: Route ?
    Map Game: RPG Maker XP
    Comments: I've made a map, a big map and I spent a lot of time into it. Hope you like it, because in another forum, it was criticized.

Map Rating/Review Thread

In a link, because it is a huge map.

Very very professional map, not completely random so it looks nice but not too hard.
    Considering how big the map is, if your going to put trainers and grass be sure to include ALOT of potions or healing items.
    The only thing I find wierd is you put detail into areas of the map which cant actually be seen in game, such as the logs behind the mountain.

I'd give it a 9/10, mainly cause im not very fond of extremely large maps.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back