• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
    Map Name: Route 2
    Hacked Game: Fire Red.
    Map:
    Spoiler:

Comments: Ok people i haven't mapped in about 2 months, so here is one i made today, but i just hope i haven't lost my great mapping skillz.
    Anyway please rate it!! :)

Great work there Kyle! I like all the tiles and the general outline of it. The map seems to have great playability and fantastic spots for some trainers and other events.

Rating 8/10

Areas to improve on: Not much really xD

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
    https://img43.imageshack.us/img43/7048/route.png

It's a big route for my hack in old Johto tiles!
    I'm not real good at ratting gsc maps but to me it looks like this:
    vegitation:
    7/10 In most places this is good but it look a little akward in some places. like where those 2 big trees are right of the p.c.
    vegitation suggestions: maybe add a few trees in the middle of the route so that the player has to wind his way around more and fix that spot right of the p.c.
    Shape: 9/10 this aspect looks really good. your shape is a tad to straight for my tastes though.
    Shape suggestions:make your map a little more curved.
    first apperance: 8/10 looks fairly natural and not to much free space.
    first apperance suggestions: water really helps here so maybe add some water.
    ingame play:6/10 here is your weak spot. there just isn't enough for the player to do make him climb mountains and cross rivers, jump ledges and make a choice wich way to go.
    ingame play suggestions: make there be more for the player to do. not just in events but in tiles too.
    final rating: 7.5/10

Sweet Jasmine

s m i l e :)
    Years
    Map name: Pallet Town
    Game: Fire Red
    Comments: I made this map for my hack I'm not sure what the game will be called.
    Link: https://pokemon1234567890.deviantart....Town-123422811

Map name: Route 1
    Game: Fire Red
    Comments: Same for the Pallet Town comments.
    Link: https://pokemon1234567890.deviantart....te-1-123423049

Well.. About the Pallet Town There's no really a changes and it's really sqaure and empty you should add something 3/10
    About the Route 1 Too Plain and Sqaure and Empty 3/10

Too bad.. Go to Tutorials and learn how to use Advance Map that would be a great Help ^_^
    But it's nice.. NICE TRY ^_^..

-Yasumin ^_^

https://pokemon1234567890.deviantart.com/art/Route-1-123423049

NatureKeeper

Umm.. Guys I made a map for SINGLEAQUA TOWN.

Name of Map: SINGLEAQUA
    Replaced to: LITTLEROOT TOWN
    Based on: Pokémon Ruby

Spoiler:

Notice: That this is my first map.

Last edited by a moderator:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 8, 2024
    Umm.. Guys I made a map for SINGLEAQUA TOWN.

Name of Map: SINGLEAQUA
    Replaced to: LITTLEROOT TOWN
    Based on: Pokémon Ruby

Spoiler:

Notice: That this is my first map.

Right... The map is too square and unnatural looking, he shadows on the Pokeleague like building are not right, and the bridge isn'tmeant to be like that. Tile Errors on the Bridge and the Poke-leaue like building's roof. Too much free space, and Long grass in a town? No, that doesn't work.

How to improve: Make it more naturally shaped (look up mapping tutorials!), fix the tile errors (use different tiles in some cases!), remove the long grass and add more trees!

Rating: 6/10

Last edited by a moderator:

Neti

Inactive
    Years
    I somehow felt like posting two maps of mine...
    i know that a lot of people call me the best mapper but i think compared to the latest map of MASTEROFPUPPETS that i rated 10/10 these two are boring, so i want to know what to improve them

Map Name: Route 26
    Game: FireRed
    Hack: Legend of Fenju - Gaoya
    Comments: Nvm... you enter at the left (from route 25) and leave it at the bottom right (you get to route 27 there)
    The cave is *drums* the gemstone forge
    Spoiler:

Map Name: Route 27
    Comments: You enter at the top (Route 26) and leave it at the bottom (a semi big town is there)
    Spoiler:

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
    I somehow felt like posting two maps of mine...
    i know that a lot of people call me the best mapper but i think compared to the latest map of MASTEROFPUPPETS that i rated 10/10 these two are boring, so i want to know what to improve them

Map Name: Route 26
    Comments: Nvm... you enter at the left (from route 25) and leave it at the bottom right (you get to route 27 there)
    The cave is *drums* the gemstone forge
    Spoiler:

Map Name: Route 27
    Comments: You enter at the top (Route 26) and leave it at the bottom (a semi big town is there)
    Spoiler:
    I love your maps neti! I've never seen a mountainous map from you before. It just goes to show that your great at all types of mapping.

first map
    vegitation: 9.5/10 Alright this is your strong point. but you should try to add verey sparce grass in the rocks.
    vegitation suggestions: take the smallest type of grass (that is not the ground tile) and put it on the top layer maybe, not a lot to do here.
    Shape: 9/10 I love the way it forces the player to wind his way through the first part and I love the way that he has other pathes he can take. but in some places it is to thin by about one block.
    Shape suggestions: make it the slightest bit wider in a few places.
    first apperance:9/10 this part looks good. it one flaw. you'd need to put a mountain in the middle of the first part where it is a jungle for this to improve.
    first apperance suggestions: put a mountain in the first part.
    ingame play:8.5/10 this part is the hardest to do. you need to make the player do things. jump ledges cross rivers that kind of stuff.
    ingame play suggestions: adding a mountain in the first part would really help with this.
    final rating: 9/10

second map
    vegitation:8/10 looks good in most places but can use touchup on the grass in the middle.
    vegitation suggestions: make some layers be grass and that thing about the small grass could help here too.
    Shape: 9.5/10 the shape is awesome!
    Shape suggestions:nothing really.
    first apperance:9/10 this is the kind of map that makes the onlooker say "WOW!" and then "I wonder if it is possible to get through." and then he/she traces his/her finger through the map and is even more amazed that it works.
    first apperance suggestions: add a few side craters maybe.
    ingame play: 8.5/10 all rock maps don't do well here... though congrats yours is the best rock map I have ever seen for this category. anyways the small grass thing would really help and the craters too.
    ingame play suggestions: use the small grass on top of the rocks and make some craters to the sides maybe add ledges.
    final rating: 8.75/10

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    Hello, raters, I'm Pokestick, and I have a map for ya!
    Map name: New Bark Town
    Creds: Kyledove and Punk Rocker for most of the tiles so far
    Comments: Why, If it isn't New bark Town, being remade by me!
    Not the most original thing in the world, but I got bored, and here I am! I wanted to keep the feeling, but I changed some stuff, making it look more like HG/SS but still my style of mapping, hope you like it!

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2009
    Not the most original thing in the world, but I got bored, and here I am! I wanted to keep the feeling, but I changed some stuff, making it look more like HG/SS but still my style of mapping, hope you like it!

Looks like it would be a good hack if your going to continue making the routes and towns. I would give it a 10/10

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years

Hmmm... It's a remake map so it would usually get a 8 or 9. But, I'm afraid this gets a 4/10. All I can see is tile after tile misuse.

Last edited:

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
    Hmmm... It's a remake map so it would usually get a 8 or 9. But, I'm afraid this gets a 4/10. All I can see is tile after tile error.
    It isn't a tile error. He did the building like that purposely to make it look larger. It looks nice anyways. I would give this map a 9.5/10. It looks like the New bark town from HGSS! ;)

MASTEROFPUPPETS93

Liebe Ist Für Alle Da
    Years
    It isn't a tile error. He did the building like that purposely to make it look larger. It looks nice anyways. I would give this map a 9.5/10. It looks like the New bark town from HGSS! ;)

No way it looks like the HG/SS-NewBark Town oO... Look at the tiles they're D/P-tiles... It has a little touch of HG/SS because of the stairs at the lab... The way he did the building larger isn't very professional :/ If he want the building larger he've to insert some tiles... Imo it looks, like goodies said, like a tile-error, too :/ I'll give it a 3,5/10

I think i'll post an very old map of mine ;) You're lucky xD I'm not a fan of posting old maps xD

Map Name: -
    Map Game: FireRed (GER)

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

I'll post a new map l8er ;)

MASTEROFPUPPETS93

Liebe Ist Für Alle Da
    Years
    Looks better now ;) I'll give it now 5,5/10

I said i'll post a new map later... That's what i'm going to do now^^ Here it is... Note: It's a part of the map! I did'nt finish it yet :( But it becomes great :D

Map Name: WTF!?
    Comments: none
    Credits:
    -Pey!
    -rhevarhe_duh
    -TB Pro Zeikku

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    Looks better now ;) I'll give it now 5,5/10

I said i'll post a new map later... That's what i'm going to do now^^ Here it is... Note: It's a part of the map! I did'nt finish it yet :( But it becomes great :D

Map Name: WTF!?
    Comments: none
    Credits:
    -Pey!
    -rhevarhe_duh
    -TB Pro Zeikku

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:
    Looking pretty good as usual... Although I see a couple (possible) Tile errors. In the mountains, some of the corner tiles have grass where it doesn't really seem like they should. Also, some of the grassy mountain parts seem a little too big to me. And finally, The river getting suddenly really big right after the bridge (the part jutting off to the right) looks a little off to me. None of them are serious problems, but I'll give you an 8.5 for now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back