• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    It sure has been a while. ;3
    ---------------------------------
    Map Name: N/A
    Map of: FireRed
    Comments: N/A
    Map:
    Spoiler:

The warden

I'm back!
    Years
    Map:
    Spoiler:

Nice map there are no tile erros, that I can spot anyway. The spacing for the buildings looks good, there is room to fit people and events in. The mountains look fine but the flowers in the upper right hand corner look a bit odd, I just think there are a few too many. Over all a good mpa I give it a 8/10.

pokerus34

Labyrinthine Rhapsody
    Years
    Map:
    Spoiler:

Rating: 8/10

Reasons and Suggestions: Well, the overall looks fine... There's just too much space wasted. Why not put some more infrastructures? The square (the town center) looks good... Flower arrangement... Fair for me. Good job. :)

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Been a while since I last mapped.

Anyways, here's a map I did a while ago. Please Rate, and please give suggestions.

Base: FireRed
    Map name: Route 1
    Image:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years

Anyways, here's a map I did a while ago. Please Rate, and please give suggestions.

Image:
    Spoiler:
    I'm gonna say:
    Add more trees.
    Especially next to the lake.
    Also, add some details to the path in the middle, looks to empty.
    So, my final rating is...:
    8/10
    The overall shape is good.
    And I think you should put more wild grass, but it's your thing.

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
    ok improved route 27
    how about this:
    Spoiler:

so sorry I couldn't rate this sooner. my keyboard was broken so sorry if this was last page but nobody rated this map so here goes!
    vegitation:10/10 the small grass did help! I was just going out on a limb there so I'm glad that I suggested right.
    vegitation suggestions: nothing
    Shape: 9.5/10
    Shape suggestions: the shape didn't really get change that much so same goes for the improved version.
    first apperance:9.5/10
    first apperance suggestions: nothing except maybe add 2 or 3 side craters.
    ingame play: 9.5/10
    ingame play suggestions: nothing
    final rating: 9.625/10

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2009
    Ok. So theres been some discussions about the roof I'm using for Elm's Lab. I threw in some new tiles, here u go. this will be the last thing I do today.

Okay, now that you changed the roof it is now a 9/10 that is one point lower from me.

Tiles by WesleyFG...

Please rate .

mfg,
    haefele

It is not in the right format (by that I mean you didn't put all the information needed).
    But anyways I would give it a 4/10 for odd looking colors and other things.

Originally Posted by Mytrix

I like it, but how do you get to the lake? I would say 8/10

Originally Posted by notbob
    GUYS, DO I HAVE TO FRICKING REPOST!!! RATE MY MAP:

1) Bad language
    2) People did rate it (look)
    3) 4/10 to small, to simple, bad colors

Originally Posted by naoi.
    Map:
    Spoiler:

I think that it is a good map and if this is going to be a hack, but anyway I give it a 9.5/10 for to many flowers.

Last edited:

Neti

Inactive
    Years
    1. -_-
    2. No they didn't
    3. It isn't supposed to be bright and fun!!
    1. Really, your language was offending
    2. im not sure if someone rated it before ( i think i remeber something...), but now he rated it and im gonna rate it too
    3. he ddidnt say so... he jsut said that he dislikes the colors

not to feed the troll, im gonna rate your map:
    it is VERY square! the shape is kind of boring since the onlyy thing that divides the map into two halfes is a fence... grass and path placement is half good and half bad... i mean it could be done betetr but its not horrible.
    therefore the tree placement is very unnatural (comes with the bad squarisch shape)
    also i agree, your palettes dont look good
    ive seen better dark palettes before
    you should overwork them
    3/10

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    Tiles by WesleyFG...

Screen:
    Spoiler:

Please rate ;).

mfg,
    haefele
    I actually really like these tiles... it's kinda cartoony and happy, so it really works well for me. The actual mapping part of it: Great! No wasted space, good paths, good trees, etc.
    10/10

thelaytonmobile

Beginning Reading Your Message
    Years
    Map Game: FireRed (GER)
    Map Name: WTF!?
    Comments: none
    Credits:
    -Pey!
    -rhevarhe_duh
    -TB Pro Zeikku

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Looks very good, ideal short route with good playability, and I like that it has areas that can be explored later. However, the bridge seems like it is "pinching in" the river, though I guess that's what a bridge does... Anyway, 9/10.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
    Map:
    Spoiler:

I really like it. It is well spaced and stuff xD. Not much else to say really 8/10

Image:
    Spoiler:

Well done buddy, this is a rather good map. I like the general layout of it and it is a nice good map for a lake side xD 8.5/10

Tiles by WesleyFG...

Screen:
    Spoiler:

Please rate ;).

mfg,
    haefele

Well, now I actually have fallen in love with this map! The layout is brilliant and everything is spaced out well, and I love the beach and sea! 9.5/10

MASTEROFPUPPETS93

Liebe Ist Für Alle Da
    Years
    again i'll post a map :/ its the complete map of the part i showed you last time...

Map Name: -
    Comments: It was hard :S
    Credits:
    -rhevarhe_duh
    -Pey!
    -TB Pro Zeikku

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Samike360

Lover of May
    Years
    Map Name: Oceanview Town (Starter Town

Map Game: Ruby

Comments: I wanted a fresh look at a starter town, the gym also serves as the laboratory (the professor is the leader!). Also, I'm not happy with how the bordering looks for the water. Should I leave some space between the rocks and the beach? Should I add a water-route connection on the left side?

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

PI Hudson

Can be random for hugs> PIE!!!
    Years
    Map-??? Town
    Game-Emerald(U)(ENG)
    Description-A town with a drainage river from Mirror Mt's and it eroded a hole in the south-east of the town leading into Waterfall Cave. In the north-east sector is a herbal shop. In the center, a gym with a stepping rock in front to get over the water. Outer border is tall grass to represent a field, and a lake below the fence on the bottom.
    Comments-It was interesting to find out that pokemon games use so little tiles, It get you wondering.(new to the hacking world)

Last edited:

Sweet Jasmine

s m i l e :)
    Years
    Map:
    Spoiler:
    Map Rating/Review Thread
    So Let's See... The map is big and nice :P But i just dont like the style in the center with the grass and flowers so i give you 7/10.

Image:
    Spoiler:

Map Rating/Review Thread
    This map is awesome :D I really like it 9/10

Tiles by WesleyFG...

Screen:
    Spoiler:
    Map Rating/Review Thread
    The Map is Nice it's really fantastic and the tiles are awesome also :D 10/10

again i'll post a map :/ its the complete map of the part i showed you last time...

Map Name: -
    Comments: It was hard :S
    Credits:
    -rhevarhe_duh
    -Pey!
    -TB Pro Zeikku

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Comments: I wanted a fresh look at a starter town, the gym also serves as the laboratory (the professor is the leader!). Also, I'm not happy with how the bordering looks for the water. Should I leave some space between the rocks and the beach? Should I add a water-route connection on the left side?

Mapshot:

Attached Thumbnails Map Rating/Review Thread
    Pretty Good :D Nice Work 9/10
    Map-??? Town
    Game-Emerald(U)(ENG)
    Description-A town with a drainage river from Mirror Mt's and it eroded a hole in the south-east of the town leading into Waterfall Cave. In the north-east sector is a herbal shop. In the center, a gym with a stepping rock in front to get over the water. Outer border is tall grass to represent a field, and a lake below the fence on the bottom.
    Comments-It was interesting to find out that pokemon games use so little tiles, It get you wondering.(new to the hacking world)
    Attached Thumbnails Map Rating/Review Thread

Nah.. You should improve your Mapping Skills.. Try reading some Reading Tutorials until you get the " Fashion of Mapping" / " Spirit of Mapping " Okies?
    But it's nice though 5/10

-Yasumin That's all folks~

Last edited by a moderator:

The warden

I'm back!
    Years
    Hack of: FR

Credits:
    Mitchel1
    Kyledove
    Pey
    Alistar
    Haraken

Hack name: Pokamon: Tranquil Moon & Blazing Sun

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

4/10

1. The houses look crushed, make them a few blocks wider. Also the one on the sand has some green smears around it.
    2. FAR too many rocks on the beach and in the village-bit.
    3. Don't like the rocks that are blocking your path to the right, are they really necessary?
    4. Is that a tile error above the entrance to the cave? It just looks a bit wrong.

And yes the border really does need fixing, enlarge the map by 6+ squares in both height and width and then border it so it looks more random and less... crammed in, like it does now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back