• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeyman2092

Aipom Awesome!!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2009
    Map Name: Eldain Pass.
    Map Game: Emerald
    Comments: Connects to the previously shown map. The separate ways at the start are for events.
    Spoiler:

Divine!! Amazing!! superb!! The perfect mixture between R/E/S and Firered/Leafgreen tiles!! It's wonderful. Honestly, I have nothing bad to say about this map!! It's an amazing mix between grass, ledges, paths and the cave.

0d'

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2014
    Map Name: None, just a route
    Map Game: FireRed
    Comments: Here's my third map... Much better comparing the 2nd one.
    Map Shot:
    Spoiler:

Hmmm... Well, I do like the usage of one-tile trees and how it wasn't overdone. I also like the grass placement. However, I can see the same groundtile was used for the whole map, so that's a blow-out. I do like, however, the fact that you used the Safari Zone buildings for the passthrough buildings. The rocks look very natural, like it really could've formed that way. The limited amount of water is okay, but not recommended.

I rate it a 7.7/10.

Keep up the good work!!

Much better! However, two things:

1. Grass could still be a bit better, a bit denser, if that makes any sense. It's still a bit sparse and random, but improved from the last one.
    2. There's a tile map error on both stairs, the top bits need shadows too.

Nice map. 7/10

Ok, guys. So I remade this same map, nothing too different from the 1st version.
    Spoiler:

Now, if it isn't good enough. I hope the problem is not the structure or the map itself , but my unadvanced skills ... :)

Here's another job...
    Map Name: None
    Comments: My fourth creation...
    Map Shot:
    Spoiler:

Magneto20

CoOmnipotent1of Pokemon:WARPED
    Years
    Ok, guys. So I remade this same map, nothing too different from the 1st version.
    Spoiler:

Now, if it isn't good enough. I hope the problem is not the structure or the map itself , but my unadvanced skills ... :)

Here's another job...
    Map Shot:
    Spoiler:

First map: Much better, 9/10.

Second map: I really like the grass placement, and the stairs leading up to the cave entrance look good. The placement and mixture of trees is great. However, parts of it look empty. Fill them up with flowers, trees and grass and this could be a great map. 8/10

Now, my turn:

Map name: Ultros Pass
    Map game: Pokemon: WARPED (base = fire red)

Spoiler:

monkeyman2092

Aipom Awesome!!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2009
    Spoiler:

Here's another job...
    Map Shot:
    Spoiler:

Map 1: Okay, I like it. You fixed the groundtiles a little, so I can bump my rating. 7.9/10

Map 2: I really, really like it. The only problem is, I see an incomplete tree. 9.2/10

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Spoiler:

Here's another job...
    Map Shot:
    Spoiler:

I like the maps. I just have one critique for you. Try to make a path of some sort with the trees; give them shape. Right now, the trees are just all over the place and it's just a big plain with a lot of grass. If you could give the map more shape, they'd be pretty good.

0d'

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2014
    Thank you guys for the evaluations, advices and comments... Well I'm getting better I think, anyways now I'm sure that I can make a playable and good route. Btw my next step is working on cities, towns, villages and some caves if possible.
    Whatever who cares about my life ?

Map Game: Fire Red
    Map Shot:
    Spoiler:

New maps soon if possible.

Last edited:

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
    Thank you guys for the evaluations, advices and comments... Well I'm getting better I think, anyways now I'm sure that I can make a playable and good route. Btw my next step is working on cities, towns, villages and some caves if possible.

Map Shot:
    Spoiler:

7/10 looks a little empty + it looks like you dont even have to toche the grass if you dont want to

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
    Years

Map Shot:
    Spoiler:

This looks great..it is good..imo,one of your best map..xD
    9/10

0d'

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2014
    Magneto, I wish I could rate your map and stuff :P
    Whatever, I think it's good... there's just some empty space in the left... but the rest is all good.

Map Name:
    None, 2nd town I made...
    Comments: I know it's really crappy, so.. what gotta change ?
    Map Shot:
    Spoiler:

Micro SD

HubbaBubba
    Years
    Spoiler:

Name:None yet
    Game: FireRed
    ROM BASE: Synyster_Lili's Ne base Redone patch tiles
    Comments: My 1st map I'm getting rated ( yea I'm kinda new at this). It's for Stone X. Sorry about the crappy quality, I don't think I'm saving the picture right.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
    Spoiler:

Name:None yet
    Game: FireRed
    ROM BASE: Synyster_Lili's Ne base Redone patch tiles
    Comments: My 1st map I'm getting rated ( yea I'm kinda new at this). It's for Stone X. Sorry about the crappy quality, I don't think I'm saving the picture right.
    the mart area is square an empty the map over all is empty and some of the stares are to small
    7/10

Magneto20

CoOmnipotent1of Pokemon:WARPED
    Years
    Magneto, I wish I could rate your map and stuff :P
    Whatever, I think it's good... there's just some empty space in the left... but the rest is all good.

Map Name:
    None, 2nd town I made...
    Comments: I know it's really crappy, so.. what gotta change ?
    Map Shot:
    Spoiler:

The reason there's empty space on the left is because it's too far away for the player to see, therefore it's utterly pointless to map it.

Anyways, onto your map (I seem to rate your maps a lot :) ).

First off, NEVER put wild grass in a town. Towns are supposed to be the safe places in Pokemon games where you won't have random encounters with wild Pokemon. Unless there's a very specific plot reason for the wild grass, I would suggest removing it. Also, very the normal grass tiles, as you only appear to have used one out of five different tiles that A-Map offers.

Otherwise, it's a good map, I like it. I like the shape of the paths and the clump of trees to the right of the lab. The lone rock at bottom looks a bit random, I would personally remove that.

Oh, and there's some tile errors on the trees. I've circled them:
    Spoiler:

Anyway... with the grass and tile errors it's a 5/10 map, without it would be a 9.

Years
    Antona Road Version 3

Map Name: Antona Road (The equivalent of the first route) Version #3

Comments:
    I'm not going to settle for a non-satisfactory score on my map. I won't give up until I've got it right. I know that my grass placement probably needs some work, so tell me how to do it, if you can, or an example might help me out. Oh, also, I am aware that I need to make another row of movement space up at the top. I will do that. Thanks!

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
    Years
    Map Name: Antona Road (The equivalent of the first route) Version #3

Comments: I'm not going to settle for a non-satisfactory score on my map. I won't give up until I've got it right. I know that my grass placement probably needs some work, so tell me how to do it, if you can, or an example might help me out. Oh, also, I am aware that I need to make another row of movement space up at the top. I will do that. Thanks!

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:
    This is quite ok imo..But there is too many empty spaces,try to add more trees or anthing else..for the grass,it should sometimes be places together but randomly{if you get what i mean}The mountais looks ok but there is some part where it is useless and only does nothing to the map.{mountains must look natural}
    Overall:7/10

Makorin

Ex-ROM Hacker
    Years
    Map Name: No Name
    Map Game: 1686 - Pokemon - Fire Red (U)
    Comments: Opened up a rom that won't be used and did a bit of mapping... Enjoy!
    Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

~Flaming Flarez~
    ~Rate it, Rate it, Rate it~

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
    Years
    Map Name: No Name
    Map Game: 1686 - Pokemon - Fire Red (U)
    Comments: Opened up a rom that won't be used and did a bit of mapping... Enjoy!
    Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

~Flaming Flarez~
    ~Rate it, Rate it, Rate it~
    I actually like this map..it is a plain but nice city/village to be in..but you can add more detail to it as it seems a bit empty..
    anyway good job,8.5/10

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back