• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
    Still hoping for a lengthy review.
    Spoiler:
    I can't give you a lengthy review but I will say a few things that I don't like about this map:
    • Too much unplayable space (e.g., the diagonal part of the 'R' and the giant sections of trees to the north)
    • No shadow under the bridge D:
    • Empty water
    • Only one tile to move through in the grassy section in the south-western corner
    • The fact that the player climbs two levels of mountains at a time (i.e., a stair tile directly on top of another)
    • A whole slew of tile errors along the western edge of the river

Well, that's all I can really think of 'cause it's a pretty darn good map. I like the paths (especially the way it dribbles over the ledge). Nice map =)

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    I can't give you a lengthy review but I will say a few things that I don't like about this map:
    • Too much unplayable space (e.g., the diagonal part of the 'R' and the giant sections of trees to the north)
    • No shadow under the bridge D:
    • Empty water
    • Only one tile to move through in the grassy section in the south-western corner
    • The fact that the player climbs two levels of mountains at a time (i.e., a stair tile directly on top of another)
    • A whole slew of tile errors along the western edge of the river

Well, that's all I can really think of 'cause it's a pretty darn good map. I like the paths (especially the way it dribbles over the ledge). Nice map =)
    Could you point out the tile errors on the river for me? I seem to be blind. lol

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Ninja caterpie's map: i give it a 9/10 because it looks like you kept the indigo plato oval at the same area, as well as some other circles.
    Wat.

I made the map from scratch...

Pretty good world map. The only things I don't like are the tiny islands, and the fact that the city in the upper left corner is a bit too far up (unless that's where you have the League and the top half is for that, but otherwise, I think you should move it down one tile.

Eh, trying to go Emerald with the Islands, but I can fix those up.

Oh, no, the league is on that far right island up the top. I guess it looks a bit weird, but I just moved the path down and ceebs'd to move the city.

Lover's Kite

[b]the age of empathy[/b]
    Years
    Looky here:
    Spoiler:
    Those tiles look fine to me. :(

Hack: Pokemon Turquoise
    Base ROM: FireRed English (BPRE)
    Map name: Black Burrow
    Map:
    Click!
    Comments: The new HG/SS cave tiles are here!
    Those may look like 12345's, but I ripped them myself.
    Oya, you have to use Flash in the cave.
    All is good, minus the bluegreen path that is. It stands out too much, maybe try editing the palette to slightly lighter shade? There's a bit of un-needed emptiness but it doesn't look too bad.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
    All is good, minus the bluegreen path that is. It stands out too much, maybe try editing the palette to slightly lighter shade? There's a bit of un-needed emptiness but it doesn't look too bad.
    First of all, are you the Forgotten Memory?
    Also, you weren't supposed to rate based on the tiles, but I guess you probably already know that.
    By the way, the tiles were made by Nintendo in Pokemon HG/SS and I just ripped them and the pallete.
    Also, I need some empty space for an event.
    Thanks for rating it, though!

Hack: Pokemon Turquoise
    Base ROM: FireRed English (BPRE)
    Map name: Black Burrow
    Map:
    Click!
    Comments: The new HG/SS cave tiles are here!
    Those may look like 12345's, but I ripped them myself.
    Oya, you have to use Flash in the cave.
    Reposting for more ratings...

Lover's Kite

Years
    Common misconception.

Looky here:
    Spoiler:

The lower tile has a rounded tip which should be used whenever the river snakes to the left or right while the upper tile is simply straight. They are not interchangeable.
    Yes but it still looks fine, a tile error is something highly noticeable~

First of all, are you the Forgotten Memory?
    Also, you weren't supposed to rate based on the tiles, but I guess you probably already know that.
    By the way, the tiles were made by Nintendo in Pokemon HG/SS and I just ripped them and the pallete.
    Also, I need some empty space for an event.
    Thanks for rating it, though!

Reposting for more ratings...
    "The"? lol
    Yeah, but still they could use a lighter tone, js. :(
    And I had no idea about the space so yeah, it's just right then!

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Need a rating on this, as well as criticism. Last one was a perfect, which didn't help at all:

Right, I love mapping caves now...

Name: Rockfall Cave
    ROM: Ruby
    Credits: Kyledove (Tiles and Pallettes)
    Notes: I hate mapping, but I like mapping Caves. It was originally a bit different, but now it is like this, so... Consider this the revised map, in a way.

Map:
    Spoiler:

Lover's Kite

Years
    Right, I love mapping caves now...

Name: Rockfall Cave
    ROM: Ruby
    Credits: Kyledove (Tiles and Pallettes)
    Notes: I hate mapping, but I like mapping Caves. It was originally a bit different, but now it is like this, so... Consider this the revised map, in a way.

Map:
    Spoiler:

Map Rating/Review Thread
    Simple and small. It's a bit plain though...maybe like a dirt path or something that could give the ground a bit more attention (blue). And the maybe close up some unnecessary gaps (yellow), though it doesn't' really matter because the player won't really see them; but still.. XD;

8/10

Last edited:

Neti

Inactive
    Years

Map Rating/Review Thread
    Simple and small. It's a bit plain though...maybe like a dirt path or something that could give the ground a bit more attention (blue). And the maybe close up some unnecessary gaps (yellow), though it doesn't' really matter because the player won't really see them; but still.. XD;

8/10
    I don't think he should close those gaps, it makes the map look more natural

Laidjon*

An eternal equilibrium~
    Years
    Two worldmaps. Both are for my hack. The top map is Johto and the bottom map is my own region. I've done it in HG/SS Style with a bit of my own style.
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Rate? And don't steal :P

Last edited:

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
    Map Name: Kun Town
    Credits: Kyledove, Alistair, Alucus of Borg, Novus, CNC, Tododile Empereror, and Codec
    Comments: there's part of part route 1 on the right side of the map.
    Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
    Years
    Credits: Kyledove, Alistair, Alucus of Borg, Novus, CNC, Tododile Empereror, and Codec
    Mapshot:
    Spoiler:
    Awesome!
    Someone actually using my Rombase... I can see you replaced the grass tiles.

For some map rating..
    Mountain Placing - Excellent
    Trees - Excellent
    Water - Good
    Buildings - The Pokecenter is way too tall (not meant to be like that)

Altogether it is beutiful and playable. 9.7/10

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
    Mapshot:
    Spoiler:
    Those custom tiles really don't blend well with standard R/S/E tiles, both in terms of style and palettes.

Because I can't be bothered to spend too much time on this, I'll just make another list:
    • Mountains are good for the most part but the southern mountains are iffy
    • Path is a little too squiggly for my tastes
    • Tall grass in towns/cities is generally avoided
    • The clash of tiles is irritating
    • imho, too many rocks on the mountains
    • A lot of the map is unused
    • The town itself feels a little too cramped. Why not use all that unused space to give the player more room to breath?
    • Did I already mention that the tiles don't go together well?

Change the tiles and fix up a few issues here and there and you've got yourself a very nice map.

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
    Years
    Here i am gonna present the map i am using for my hack to get people opinion on them.

Name:Karakura Village
    Base:Fire Red
    Credit:To all the tile makers who make the tiles
    Info:This is the first village for my hack.
    Spoiler:

Name:Route 1
    Base:Fire Red
    Credit:To all the tile makers who make the tiles
    Info:This is the first route for my hack.
    Spoiler:

PLease no stealing of this maps cause i already encounter many people stealing maps..lol

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back