• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
    Years
    map name: route 101

map game: Pokemon forgiveness(hack of ruby)

comments: this is the first route of the game, this map I got it in head since over a year(and yet other of course) and finaly when I started my second hack I put it in the game :D

(the tiles are already changed but I haven't got the update of the map, but no matter the changes are not that big......)
    Map Rating/Review Thread

map name: Petalburg city (thats the original name, I must find a new one^^)

map game: pokemon forgiveness(hack of ruby)

comments: ........the last map I made for my hack so I want to know if I need to change it or leave it like this

Map Rating/Review Thread

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Mapname: -
    Game: Fire red
    Hack: -
    Notes: Random map I did for fun, the idea is an event would occur in the top section.
    Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

.LMG.

Yeah! Custom User Title!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2015
    For the first time in half a year, I found the inspiration to make another map. As usual, it isn't meant to be played in a real hack, so the areas that the player can't actually see are still meant to look good/ be rated. (Although it is still meant to be playable.)

Map Name: Crescent Lake

Map Game: Emerald

Comments: I'm gonna skip the story behind the map this time, so I can see what you think before hearing me point out the billions of obvious problems. (Although, most of them are just because it's near impossible to make a natural map with Emerald tiles.)
    Just...very...natural. I personally like it a lot. 10/10

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    Mapname: -
    Game: Fire red
    Hack: -
    Notes: Random map I did for fun, the idea is an event would occur in the top section.
    Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

I didn't know you were that good in mapping. This map's decent! Although, there is something I don't like. The wrong tree-tops. They just look weird, and I can tell you did that on purpose.
    Anyway, look out for the border block, mappers screw b.b all the time.
    I'll give you an 8/10. ;)

Wow! your map are amazing ^^ i like it a lot
    10/10

Now my map...No name and is in FR:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Awesome, mate, awesome! Good job on that. ;)
    The tiles you chose fit your mapping style which is good looking too.
    But more trees in the middle of the map would be good.
    A side note on the tiles: They look very good, and the pals are neat!
    Rating: 8/10
    I think you can do alot better; can't wait to see shooting star up!

mitchel1

Rom-hacker/scripter
    Years
    :...:New mapshot:...:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

[highlight]Map name[/highlight]: : Route 601 (remake!)
    [highlight]ROM[/highlight]: : Pokemon dark cry: the legend of giratina
    [highlight]Commants[/highlight]: yeah..what could I say xD I created a new tileset for DC like most of you people saw in the last update. It did took some time too to create this map, I beleve about 1 hour (damn tree overlaps (blocks) ^^"). I used for example the new tiles from alistar like the new lake, grass, tropical tree and stronk (with axe) ^^
    I also used some tiles from Wesley FG like example the mountain, jumpstronk (or something like that xD) and ofcorse the HG/SS tree tile from kyledove.
    Please rate the map and the tiles. I'm not really proud on the left corner above but thats my option.
    NOTE: The empty spaces you see at the right of the map arn't mapped. This is because you wouldn't see in-game!
    [highlight]Mapshot[/highlight]:
    Click spoiler
    Spoiler:

Thanks in advance ^^
    ----------------------
    Mitchel1

Last edited:

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
    Years

comments: this is the first route of the game, this map I got it in head since over a year(and yet other of course) and finaly when I started my second hack I put it in the game :D

(the tiles are already changed but I haven't got the update of the map, but no matter the changes are not that big......)
    Map Rating/Review Thread

comments: ........the last map I made for my hack so I want to know if I need to change it or leave it like this

Map Rating/Review Thread

can plz someone coment or rate these maps? thx :)
    I stoped hacking for aproximatively one month because of school -_-' but I still want to know you opinion and rating of these maps before I stop^^

Muffin™

Knows your age
    Years
    Umm... Here's a map for my latest hack, Pokemon Crystal Clear.

Name: Unknown Island
    Hack Name: Pokemon Crystal Clear
    Well, here it is! (It's in the middle of the ocean, just to let you know!) o3o

WARNING: HUGE PICTURE

Spoiler:

DuoRyan

Hack'in as usual, it seem.
    Years
    Umm... Here's a map for my latest hack, Pokemon Crystal Clear.

Name: Unknown Island
    Hack Name: Pokemon Crystal Clear
    Well, here it is! (It's in the middle of the ocean, just to let you know!) o3o

WARNING: HUGE PICTURE

Spoiler:

It look good
    just look plain add some um cave,building except if this is a stranded island
    and the add some connection as well
    rating 5\10

:...:New mapshot:...:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

[highlight]Map name[/highlight]: : Route 601 (remake!)
    [highlight]ROM[/highlight]: : Pokemon dark cry: the legend of giratina
    [highlight]Commants[/highlight]: yeah..what could I say xD I created a new tileset for DC like most of you people saw in the last update. It did took some time too to create this map, I beleve about 1 hour (damn tree overlaps (blocks) ^^"). I used for example the new tiles from alistar like the new lake, grass, tropical tree and stronk (with axe) ^^
    I also used some tiles from Wesley FG like example the mountain, jumpstronk (or something like that xD) and ofcorse the HG/SS tree tile from kyledove.
    Please rate the map and the tiles. I'm not really proud on the left corner above but thats my option.
    NOTE: The empty spaces you see at the right of the map arn't mapped. This is because you wouldn't see in-game!
    [highlight]Mapshot[/highlight]:
    Click spoiler
    Spoiler:

Thanks in advance ^^
    ----------------------
    Mitchel1

Ok this look so sexy as of now! Love the tree even the new water,grass and cave tile and wow it look fun to go through give it a 10\10 for sexyness lol

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    I'm a little too lazy to rate now, but I'll post a map I made this morning instead :D

Name: You know I never name my maps.
    Comments: Random, not for use in hacks. Playable tho. I tried a little crammed dungeon-feeling, let's see how it worked out. I also added a little nice effect... just for the lolz XP
    Game: Fr
    Map:
    Spoiler:

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
    Years

Map Rating/Review Thread

Map Rating/Review Thread

I posted it 2 days ago and yet haven't got any answer, thanx -_-'

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017

I posted it 2 days ago and yet haven't got any answer, thanx -_-'
    2nd Map:

The lack of paths, blocker water layout, and poor sign placement annoys me.

6/10

>:

Also, stop bumping it if it's on the same page. I shall never rate another thread of yours again as punishment. >:3

Ty2

New Hacker and Working Hard
    Years
    MapName: Paronie City
    Comments: I made this for my upcoming hack in progress Pokemon Ecru.
    Hack Name: Pokemon Ecru
    Game: FR

Map:
    Spoiler:

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
    Years
    two other maps of my hack, I just want to know your rating because no one really rated them in my thread.......

map name: route 102

comments: hmm.........

Map Rating/Review Thread

map name: dewford town (to be changed)

comments: nope......

Map Rating/Review Thread

and this time plz comment, not like before with the 2 other........thx :)

Ven

Tyrian
    Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2011
    There are a few tile errors on the top left, all on the small trees.

Years
    • OZ
    • Seen Sep 17, 2022
    Map Name: Route 2

Map Game: FireRed

Hack Name: Ocean Blue

Comments: I have made several versions of this map, and I like this one the best, although I don't like the 'bridge' on the lower side of the route, I may change it. That bridge is where several trainers are located to battle. Also, surfing is not allowed due to the danger of the erroding cliff, and the player enters from the south of the map.

Credits to: Mew_Ryn, Forgotten Memory, Kyledove for the ROM base.

Mapshot: (Warning - Long Map)
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Skara

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.
    Years
    Map Name: Route 2

Map Game: FireRed

Hack Name: Ocean Blue

Comments: I have made several versions of this map, and I like this one the best, although I don't like the 'bridge' on the lower side of the route, I may change it. That bridge is where several trainers are located to battle. Also, surfing is not allowed due to the danger of the erroding cliff, and the player enters from the south of the map.

Credits to: Mew_Ryn, Forgotten Memory, Kyledove for the ROM base.

Mapshot: (Warning - Long Map)
    Spoiler:
    Its a nice map but the dark water edges are square....
    88%

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
    Map name: Arctic Town
    Game: Pokémon Infernal Legend
    Credits: Nintendo, myself, Fangking Omega and Manipulation.
    Comments: It's meant to be square and Fire Red style, so don't comment on that. This is the where the final gym in Infernal Legend is located.
    Map:
    Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back