• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    Yea, im pretty sure that cities have Flowers in them. How come a city cant have a flower field???

It can, but I think it should be a bit more realistic, not like there going to make a pathway to a bridge, it would be much more logical if it were in someones backyard or near a forest, i think you get what I mean.

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2009
    i31.tinypic.com/2ce1ac3.jpg
    I made a map but my hack partner thinks that the house in a mountain idea is stupid
    if you would see this would you like it?

just put the pic in a adressbar

Neti

Inactive
    Years
    i31.tinypic.com/2ce1ac3.jpg
    I made a map but my hack partner thinks that the house in a mountain idea is stupid
    if you would see this would you like it?

just put the pic in a adressbar

i think it is a cool idea but you should edit the blocks cause it looks kinda stupid with the roof and theres is a tile error between the two doors.
    the rest of the map is fine with me

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Theboss-
    Ooo that's a tiny map XD
    Anyways, I like what you're trying to do. You're trying to add windows and doors on a mountain. But it's not looking too good, the map is empty.

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2009
    its a peace of the map :P
    im working on a top secret project that will be made public if its developed enough to be impressive :P

Red Rain

Red Rain is coming down...
    Years
    Hello everyone. Recently, I downloaded RMXP and decided to start mapping again. I used to do it just on paint and they were awful. This map, the starter town of my own region, Bilaso, is Youngseed Town.

The hero's house is the bottom left, with his/her father selling goods on his own market stall. Mom is also around, as a housewife. I think it's better to see the players parents actually together, instead of being a single parent! XD

That's my lab btw in the pic. :D I used to make tiles, I should be maybe get back into it.

Prof. Palm's lab is in the top left, and the grassy areas and pool are for his tutorial on how to catch Pokemon. So, what do you think of Youngseed Town, were budding trainers begin to bloom?

Youngseed Town

Neti

Inactive
    Years
    i like it, except forr the big mistake that it is square.
    but the tiles look cool and the way you palced the houses and path are rellay nice
    8.5/10

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    the map's really square...

RATING: 8/10
    REASON: I really love it. It's peaceful and simple, and I like the balance of things.
    SUGGESTION: Erm.., it's too square... Try making it less squarish(word check?)...

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Hmmm
    Rating: 7.5/10
    Reason: I like it, but it's kinda squarish in a way. The map looks really nice though, really peaceful and quite. There are some tile errors I could spot.
    Suggestions: Make the map less squarish and a little less empty.

Red Rain

Red Rain is coming down...
    Years
    Thanks for all critique. I agree it's square, yet so is Littleroot, Pallet Town and Twinleaf, or rectangular, whichever. All the starter tows are.

Introducing Route 301. Nice little route. Paths cut into the grass are for trainer battles. I really like how it turned out. Again, squarish, yet I need help on how to make them less square.

https://img386.imageshack.us/img386/4273/route301ty4.png

Neti

Inactive
    Years
    uhm did you really just say that nintendos map are square too as an apologize for you making your own map square??? oh my god...

NEVER MAKE SQUARE MAPS! That is rule No1 of mapping!
    Here is a mapping Tutorial made by me, maybe you want to read it (you said sth about tips how to make maps that are not square): https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=134658

About the route:
    except for the square shape of the map and the square placed grass it looks fine to me.
    those trees in the grass to be selfmade, and they look good.
    ill give you a 8/10
    you should add some flower, ledges and rocks

Years
    my first town/village,..

img364.imageshack.us/my.php?image=anfangsstadttf3.png

my first forest,...

img364.imageshack.us/my.php?image=waldnachroute02uj8.png

feel free to rate,...sry i can post url´s just after 15 post

sorry for my english-.-

Neti

Inactive
    Years
    ok i already told you via icq that i like your maps, well heres the rating:
    town: 9/10
    maybe add something in the middle

and the forest:
    well i dont know if there is anotehr tree sort in teh rom youre using, but bigger trees would be cool i na forest, and maybe a bit more grass.
    ill give it a 8/10

Epsilon

Shiny Scizor
    Years
    Satus town

The starting town of my hack

Old version:
    Spoiler:

New version (with the snow, and already in game)
    Spoiler:

Note: New version is probably not the final version

Kye McPie

#? Trainer wants to battle!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2009
    The snow-covered trees look really nice, but I prefer the brightness and color variety of the old town. I especially dislike how the three houses look the exact same, and the signs look out of place (I think you should've kept those tablets...they look more primitive, although only a little. They're a little too sleek to qualify as "stone tablets" >_>.)

Overall I give it a 6/10.

Kye McPie

#? Trainer wants to battle!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2009
    The top-right house...when you put the ledges right around it like that, when you box it in, it makes the oddities of the game's perspective noticeable; the house looks flat, like it's just a painting of the front and top of a house on the ground inbetween the ledges. Try putting the top ledge one step up.

Also, there are quite a few errors with the roads where you didn't use the tiles with the proper edges. Some of them seem like they could be intentional though (like around the high ground with the stairs).

Well, crap. I ringed the errors in but I can't post them because apparently the basic privilege of posting URLs isn't granted until you've made 15 posts. Oh well. You can spot them all if you zoom in on the high ground with the stairs, the lower parts of the roads and the lowest house.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back