• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
    OK. I finnaly made it, it took me 4 hours.... Phew!
    Here it is: The Pokemon Turquoise: Aqua Egg world map!
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Please rate it and try to find a name for it (I can't think of a name), please. I know my topic says Melem, but it sounds kinda dull, doesn't it?

Neti

Inactive
    Years

wow that map is really nice!
    you started with a nearly square shape and made a map with a really cool shape! the river is making the shape even more interesting.
    since this map is complex, i was expecting many tile errors, but found only two (at the right end of the ledge and the ends of the fences are wrong more than one time)

this map gets a 8.5/10 from me

FenderX

A new Legend is Born
    Years
    I dont know if i should keep this map as pallet town for my hack, but here it is.
    its from pokemon firered, and maybe will be pallet town.There is a reason why the pokemon lab isnt there.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    I dont know if i should keep this map as pallet town for my hack, but here it is.
    its from pokemon firered, and maybe will be pallet town.There is a reason why the pokemon lab isnt there.

Map Rating/Review Thread
    Hmmm...Well...It ain't square and that's good.. Although at the bottom right.. It's a bit monotonous...
    Seems like there's G/S/C style Berry Trees and Headbutt Trees.
    If it is going to be Pallet, why is there a PC?
    The pallette is a bit...uh....Well...It makes the PC and houses freaky...

7/10...Good overall...

Neti

Inactive
    Years
    i think my last post here is a long time back so why not show you tw maps i recently made?

Map Names: Route 14
    Spoiler:

Map Name: Cliffmouth
    Map Rating/Review Thread

You see caves in both of the maps, you will have to go through taht cave (which isnt mapped yet) to get to the other map.

Credits:
    Forgotten Memories for Partial DP Rombase (i added some other tiles/blocks whcih you can see on the images, like thee bridges and sideway stairs...)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Nice maps; they really have the Pokémon feel to them. Now, for some critique: the strong current looks out of place on the sea map; either replace it with rocks, or extend it upwards. On the town map, the NPC near the yellow tent-thing looks odd; shouldn't he be underneath it? And finally, on both maps, the vertical bridges look like they're not connected to the cliff at the bottom. It's not that serious, but fix it if you can!

Anyway, I've seen a few people posting their region maps here, so I may as well post mine:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Zoomed-in:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

As you can see, the zoomed-in map is a lot more detailed. I think that's a nice touch.

And how they look in-game:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Map Rating/Review Thread

Map Rating/Review Thread

When you're zoomed in, the town icons will be generic grayed-out towns, until you visit them. After you visit a town, its icon will change to represent the town in miniature (compare the Hazelet Town icon with the map at the top of the page).

Oh, and if you're wondering how I achieved this in a hack, the answer is: I'm not making a hack. These screens are from Pokémon Amethyst, which is being made without any ROMs etc. I think it gives me a lot more freedom to do what I want. But over at Game Dev, we don't have a map rating thread, and besides, there's not really much difference between a map in a hack from a map in a stand-alone game, so I figured I could post here.

Neti

Inactive
    Years
    Nice maps; they really have the Pokémon feel to them. Now, for some critique: the strong current looks out of place on the sea map; either replace it with rocks, or extend it upwards. On the town map, the NPC near the yellow tent-thing looks odd; shouldn't he be underneath it? And finally, on both maps, the vertical bridges look like they're not connected to the cliff at the bottom. It's not that serious, but fix it if you can!

Anyway, I've seen a few people posting their region maps here, so I may as well post mine:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Zoomed-in:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

As you can see, the zoomed-in map is a lot more detailed. I think that's a nice touch.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Map Rating/Review Thread

Map Rating/Review Thread

When you're zoomed in, the town icons will be generic grayed-out towns, until you visit them. After you visit a town, its icon will change to represent the town in miniature (compare the Hazelet Town icon with the map at the top of the page).

Oh, and if you're wondering how I achieved this in a hack, the answer is: I'm not making a hack. These screens are from Pokémon Amethyst, which is being made without any ROMs etc. I think it gives me a lot more freedom to do what I want. But over at Game Dev, we don't have a map rating thread, and besides, there's not really much difference between a map in a hack from a map in a stand-alone game, so I figured I could post here.

really nice, thsi region map looks really awesome!
    about the thing with the npc: he is undernetah it, this si an advance map screenshot. in advmap the sprites are always above the tiles.
    im going to fix the other two things, thx for the tips

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Oh, OK. I've never used A-map, so I didn't know. Thanks for clearing it up!

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014

Map Rating/Review Thread

Zoomed-in:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Map Rating/Review Thread

Map Rating/Review Thread

Map Rating/Review Thread

Nice, I love the region, very nice and the zoomed in view looks very nice. The palletes also look very good. I love them! The tiles are also good, nice work!
    10/10

Years
    Hey im back from Florida, here are some maps I made.
    Englewood Town(sounds funny)
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Heres Dimitri City(Also sounds funny)
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Please Rate. These are the new ones since my Rom Crashed.

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2024
    this map should be from Zuusoman but its not a good map so i made a remake for him

His map:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Remade Map:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Last edited:

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
    here's my map:
    Redone Wish Town
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Connections: Light Hills (down), Seaflow River (left) and Hot Canyon (right)
    The cave features a mystery and an important piece of a puzzle...
    Credits: CheesePeow for the greatest rombase ever!

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    don't spam

Sorry if this is a little out of place, but how do you get the image of your town/route/city on here? I'm using EliteMap and AdvanceMap, so is there a button you push that allows you to get the entire image on here? Thanks!

Yes, you go to tools-->save map/event picture---> and insert the name of it.
    But save it as .PNG or else it won't work if you have uploaded it.
    but you ask that in the simple questions thread so this seems like a spam to me.
    your post will hopefully get deleted soon.
    soo since that happened...*reports*
    Its the rules and people should get the same punishment whether they are new or not.

But here is a simple, nice map i made.
    it is obviously an edited version of pallet town.
    the soul dew has a purpose in here.
    and if anyone wants, hey can have the soul dew tile.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Name: Frostpen City
    Description: Just wanted to see what people thought of my mapping style with ice tiles. I've had to change the way I map to suit these tiles and I think it came out allright. What do you guys think?
    Spoiler:

Neti

Inactive
    Years
    Description: Just wanted to see what people thought of my mapping style with ice tiles. I've had to change the way I map to suit these tiles and I think it came out allright. What do you guys think?
    Spoiler:

wow that looks absoluteley ccool^^ if you are using a rombase or share your tiles please give it to me, cause i was looking for a FR rombase with ice tiles but couldnt find one!
    the map itsself is really good i think: it has different levels with interesting shapes, the mountains have no tile erorrs an are not straight. no square shape, no tile errors (noticed none). i have nothin to cmplain about!
    but i wonder where youll get when you break into the ice^^

all in all... 10/10

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Spoiler:

Wow, it's a really good looking map. I never noticed the ice tiles look so good. The map is nice and simple and the way you did the paths suites the map very well. The mountain tiles look great, and they're placed in a very nice way. Nice map!

10/10

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2013
    here's my map:
    Redone Wish Town
    *removed* < i'm not allowed to post urls yet :(
    Connections: Light Hills (down), Seaflow River (left) and Hot Canyon (right)
    The cave features a mystery and an important piece of a puzzle...
    Credits: CheesePeow for the greatest rombase ever!
    Rating: 6/10
    Reason: I like the map when you look at it overall,
    But at soon as i pay a bit attention to the details i noticed,
    The cave parts dont really how should i saw fit in?,
    For the rest its nicely done i couldnt have done it better myself,
    I really like that you added a lighter type of grass/floor at the top,
    And that you even if its a small map give a option to choose a location to go to.
    Suggestions: You could try to pay a bit more attention to the small details,
    As the pond doesnt have any nice edges around it its just cut off and that also go's for the cave.
    Final Comments: I really like the map itself, But some things could have been done better.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back