• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MudMast

Does not exist.
    Years
    Map Name: Jubilife City

Map Game: Pokémon Ruby

Comments: Here is Jubilife City, from Pokémon Diamond and Pearl. I spent a week on this and imported the large building from fire red, i had to recolour it and added other things. This map will appear in my hack Pokemon Alpha.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021

Map Game: Pokémon Ruby

Comments: Here is Jubilife City, from Pokémon Diamond and Pearl. I spent a week on this and imported the large building from fire red, i had to recolour it and added other things. This map will appear in my hack Pokemon Alpha.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Rating:8.5/10
    Re-adjustments:You used a little too much of those eggs and where your ending the mountains, there is a grassy patch for that, I see no tile errors.
    Comments:Other than what I said, this looks really good and I can't wait to play.

MudMast

Does not exist.
    Years
    Rating:8.5/10
    Re-adjustments:You used a little too much of those eggs and where your ending the mountains, there is a grassy patch for that, I see no tile errors.
    Comments:Other than what I said, this looks really good and I can't wait to play.

i know, them stones are there till i get round to putting a bush there
    and what do u mean by 'ending the mountains?

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    To the top, left, and right.
    Where the mountain edges are.

EDIT:
    Map Name:Sweet Town

Hack Of:Ruby

Hack Name:Pokemon Soar!

Comments:This is the first town and I'm using Vincent ROMbase from PHCompany.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2008
    6/10 - Fair
    Seems to small for a town don't cha think?
    Not to mention theres nothing there but a few flowers and three houses. Its quite empty. Try adding something.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    O.K., thanx for the rating.
    The thing is that it was that size when I downloaded the ROMbase.
    Plus it's bigger than the normal LITTLEROOT TOWN.
    I will add more later.
    Thanx again.

MudMast

Does not exist.
    Years
    UPDATE:

i fixed the things:

Game Name: Pokémon Alpha

Base Rom: Pokémon Ruby

Comments:
    the large building is the Jubilife TV Station (JTV) - i recoloured sliph co. from fire red, edited a little bit (the roof) slightly.
    the gym, well that is the new design for the Pokémon Trainer School.

Map Rating/Review Thread

its a bit big :D

it looks a bit glitchy, that was photobucket

EDIT: oops wrong one, i forgot some tiles, ill put newer one in
    EDIT 2: heres newer one

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    EDIT:
    Map Name:Sweet Town

Hack Of:Ruby

Hack Name:Pokemon Soar!

Comments:This is the first town and I'm using Vincent ROMbase from PHCompany.

Map Rating/Review Thread

RATINGS: 8/10
    REASON: Lovely map and the graphics is very pleasing to my eyes. ;)
    SUGGESTION: N/A

UPDATE:

i fixed the things:

Game Name: Pokémon Alpha

Base Rom: Pokémon Ruby

Comments:
    the large building is the Jubilife TV Station (JTV) - i recoloured sliph co. from fire red, edited a little bit (the roof) slightly.
    the gym, well that is the new design for the Pokémon Trainer School.
    its a bit big :D

it looks a bit glitchy, that was photobucket

EDIT: oops wrong one, i forgot some tiles, ill put newer one in
    EDIT 2: heres newer one

RATINGS: 4/10 never mind... 6/10
    REASON: The tile errors and the excessive usage of stones irritated my eyes... Never mind... You just fixed them... Anyways, the map is lovely and big. Good job!
    SUGGETION: Fix them up... Refrain from using same tiles in one area excessively...

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    DJG:Thanx for rating it.
    I'll put up the first route soon.

MudMast:The newer one looks much better.
    Rating:...How about.....9.5/10
    better?
    Can't wait to play!

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2013
    Map Name: Kakariko City

Map Game: Fire Red

Comments: This is a rendition of Kakariko City from Ocarina of Time. I tried to model it best I could on the original Kakariko, while still keeping a "Pokemon" feel to it, if thing exists. I also had to make sacrifices to practicality, so this is obviously not a 100% accurate map. I'm still not totally satisfied with this map, if I had the ability I would have created a custom tileset to adequately recreate the city. I also have two problems that I was hoping criticism from this board could help clear up. You might notice two irregularly placed sign posts, these were placed simply because I could not find a way to connect the two mountain sides that didn't seem out of place. Currently, I think it might just be a problem with the tileset, but I could be wrong it has happened before. :P

Mapshot:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Map Name: Kokiri Village

Map Game: Fire Red

Comments: Most of my sentiments for this map were already stated above. I tried to re-create a Kokiri Village, but obviously had to make some simplifications and took some "artistic liberties."

Mapshot:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

magma_boi

Hungry Hungry Hippo
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2010
    Map 1: 9/10
    Reason: It's extreemly well done with few tile errors, and it is very comparable to Kakariko City. Occarina of time has to be the best game i have ever played.

Map 2: 8.5/10
    Reason: I dont like it as much, but still it has no tile errors that i can see, and is comparble to Kokiri Village.

Great work.

Are these going to be in an actuall hack, or are they just maps you decided to create?

I added some more onto the map i posted a page back, just some stuff too fill up some space.
    In the little place looking out to the sea theres gonna be a person standing there so it's not completley pointless.
    Crits welcome.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Last edited:

MudMast

Does not exist.
    Years
    I added some more onto the map i posted a page back, just some stuff too fill up some space.
    In the little place looking out to the sea theres gonna be a person standing there so it's not completley pointless.
    Crits welcome.

Map Rating/Review Thread

i'm gonna give it a 6.5

noerrors that appear instantly but the two-floored building, the windows look strange and on the water, the top-right of the bottom-left water doesnt end.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2013
    Magma Boi said:
    Are these going to be in an actuall hack, or are they just maps you decided to create?

They are for a hack I work on when ever I have enough spare time. I doubt it will really get anywhere until the summer, assuming I don't start working full time then. =P

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
    Years
    Umm...I made 2 new maps:

Route 1:
    Spoiler:

Path of Kyota(Route 2):
    Spoiler:

1. 7.5/10- I think it has the basic ideas there but the ledges throw the map off, there are way to many unnatural ones. It is still very good though

2. 6/10- Very nice but the mountains are way to flat, make them look real. The grass looks like Game-Freak mapped it, make it look like something would want to live there.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Umm...I made 2 new maps:

Route 1:
    Spoiler:

Path of Kyota(Route 2):
    Spoiler:

First map:
    Rate: 8/10
    Reason: I like the use of the edges there, they look quite good. The pathways look good, nice work!
    Suggestions: Theres too much use of grass in your map, you should not use too much grass. Try to add some more things in it like rivers, ponds etc. rather than those grass.

Second map
    Rate:8.5/10
    Reason: Nice map, I like the mountains and the ledges, but as the previous map you've used too much grass.
    Suggestions: Look above xD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back