• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neti

Inactive
Years
  • I'm sorry for saying this but, you need to freakin' figure the god dang piece of crap out on your own...
    Me and eeveon had this conversation via PM. I mide these maps on my own. If I can't be respected for what I make, then kiss my shiny metal ass good-bye...
    I feel sorry for anyone who reads this and I'll take full respondibility for what I said... I am, from now on, always been ready to take all respondsibility...

*lowers reputation points*

why do you post maps here if you offend ppl who critisze them? that is the purpouse of this thread!
    you dont post your maps here to be told that they are good. if they are perfect, you dodnt need to post them here. if youre still learning and need to know whats not good about your maps, then post them here and let ppl tell you what they dont like.
    and if you have another opinion about the things they say: fine. but dont be offensive

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Eeveeon, if the border's going to be the white stuff, then you can run into the border at the place with the hole!!

Ah, and Neti, great job.
    I could tell you were flared up because your grammar there is absolutely terrible.

GiantGroudon

I doubled myself now
    Years
  • Togepi Paradise - Pokemon Black Doom

Spoiler:

Please rate. constructive critism is always welcome.

Neti

Inactive
    Years
  • i like that big building and the small eggs^^ where did you get the tiles from? or did you make them on your own?
    i dislike the gyms roof and that there is a lot of unused space
    the shape is cool with me
    rating? well caused by all this unused space and so much path on the map: 6/10

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
  • Map name: Eidolon Forest (not from FF9!)
    Original map: Viridian Forest
    Map:Map Rating/Review Thread
    Connections: none
    Credits: CheesePeow for rombase, me for some palette changing and most importantly, Grosser Block, it helped me to finish this map in 38 minutes 6 seconds

FenderX

A new Legend is Born
    Years
  • Ok, i made two more maps. Lets go in order shall we?
    Ever Green Town (Starting Town) - Here, the player will start out, and the purpose of the other lab at the lower side is that it is a Cloning Lab, where scientist do weird experiments with Pokemon, this area will be reachable after the 5th gym leader has been defeated.

Spoiler:

Silver Waters (where you receive your Pokemon and catch the "Sacred Legend") - Here, you will receive you very first Pokemon, (the choices will be out of Trapinch, Dratini, and Bagon) in the upper right cave. The bigger cave on the left side will be the Legendary Pokemon's hideout, and after you exit the cave, there will be a secret place to the very left (thats why you see some stairs to the left end) where you catch the Sacred Legend (after seeing him in the cave, he runs away to the left end). Theres nothing special about the little island..and i guess thats it for this map.

Spoiler:

Route 1 - Well, here you will battle against your rival for the first time, and the lake down on the lower left is just so you use surf across to the Cloning Lab.

Spoiler:

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
    Years
  • Map Rating/Review Thread

Well, my ROM crashed so I restarted and here's my First Town Take II.
    It's sorta squarish, and looks like you just got the original Pallet Town (which was horribly square :D ) and rearranged it and added a few trees. Also, on the trees in the top-left and top-right there is a tiling error (shadow).
    Also, there's a distinct lack of any "activity" in the map - more flowers, small blocks in the route, ledges, some interesting filler for the top-right corner would all be welcome!
    5/10

.:God:.

Hiding in the silence...
    Years
  • [img=https://img360.imageshack.us/img360/4709/littleroottownliterallyey8.th.png]
    Ok, here's my map. It is littleroot town. Over they years, it has split off and shifted across to the region of Deserto (sorta like africa) where it is really hot. Notes:
    1= This is where you catch Salamence after the 5th Gym and where you catch Scrought (new desert legendary) after E4.
    2= This is Professor Birch 5th lab. The "5th" is because it has been so long since the split off so Birch has died. There were more Birches too.
    3= Hero and May 4th's houses. Same drill with May, except May and Brendan had babies.
    4= Path to where you catch Ho-Oh. There is a cut tree, a rock and a surf zone so you have to have all 8 badges.

.:God:.

Hiding in the silence...
    Years
  • [img=https://img360.imageshack.us/img360/4709/littleroottownliterallyey8.th.png]
    Ok, here's my map. It is littleroot town. Over they years, it has split off and shifted across to the region of Deserto (sorta like africa) where it is really hot. Notes:
    1= This is where you catch Salamence after the 5th Gym and where you catch Scrought (new desert legendary) after E4.
    2= This is Professor Birch 5th lab. The "5th" is because it has been so long since the split off so Birch has died. There were more Birches too.
    3= Hero and May 4th's houses. Same drill with May, except May and Brendan had babies.
    4= Path to where you catch Ho-Oh. There is a cut tree, a rock and a surf zone so you have to have all 8 badges.

Why doesn't anyone ever rate my maps?

Years
  • Why doesn't anyone ever rate my maps?

Ugh -.-

Your map doesn't look very natural. Too many cacti. Those trees shouldn't be there. Trees like that die in deserts. And there are no ledges like that in real deserts. There are only cliffs and sand duns. Ledges like that are weathered away extremely quickly if they do appear. Which the usually don't.

Edit: Now I realize that it is just like the normal LittleRoot Town. Just a new connections and tiles.

0.1 for the tiles. And even those aren't really "wow". Sorry.

Last edited:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • My littleroot town:

Map Rating/Review Thread

Three small things.
    1. Don't save it in grid mode, hard to look at.
    2. It's the exact same as Littleroot but bigger and with grass, a Mart and a rock.
    3. You don't REALLY need all those trees at the bottom.

If I gave you a rating, I would cringe...
    Spoiler:

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Map Name: Sonara Desert
    Map of: Pokémon Zephyr
    Map:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Rate please and also positive and constructive comments :D

Status