• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Whoops, forgot about that. O.o;
    Thanks. :D

Also, pressing the italics button doesn't turn it off, the will just keep appearing if you keep pressing it.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Another Ruby map.
    I know, it's horrific. :[
    It's supposed to be a maze-like route, but I failed epicly. x[
    Anyways, here it is:
    Map Rating/Review Thread
    Woaah :P There's way too much trees and too little space, but it isn't blockish XD But it's so unclear... But the mapping is pretty good I'll give it an 6.7/10 :)

It's interesting Wind, but all in all it's rather pointless. The actual route part is very short, and the maze doesn't work out well. If you edit it to create a more maze like structure where there are multiple routes it would work much better.

Here's one from Pokemon Orange...

Map Rating/Review Thread
    Alright I don't really like the shape of the island it's too blocky and the grass in a city isn't such a good idea to but the grass in the bottom is a nice touch :) Placing of the trees is pretty good but the trees in the upper right are to blocky you should pick out some trees to remove so it get's a few little open spaces that makes it more natural :) But eighter way I like it in a weird kinda way I'll give it an 6.2/10 ooh almost forgot I don't really like the flowers theyre too placed don't know how to say it,,,

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • Originally Posted by Wind~ Map Rating/Review Thread
    Whoops, forgot about that. O.o;
    Thanks. :D

Also, pressing the italics button doesn't turn it off, the will just keep appearing if you keep pressing it.
    \Another Ruby map.
    I know, it's horrific. :[

comments You had good intensions(I love going through mazes) but it didn't quite come out. I like how you are forced to work through the path. You need more deadends and new tiles.
    rating 6/10
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Ripper Map Rating/Review Thread
    It's interesting Wind, but all in all it's rather pointless. The actual route part is very short, and the maze doesn't work out well. If you edit it to create a more maze like structure where there are multiple routes it would work much better.
    Here's one from Pokemon Orange...

Comments interesting, I think it it's a good map I like the knew tiles .It would look even better with some more.
    Rating 6.5/10
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    how do I turn off tthe italics

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Alright, i tried my tile inserting and this is what i came up with.

Name: Dark mire
    game:firered
    comments:Its an area plagued by thorns, dead trees, and tall wild grass.
    It is unknown to man(except for you and bug catchers), which is why there aren't any signs anywhere.
    Credits to Pey from studiopokemon for the tree.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Like always, comments, critique,opinion of tiles, and anything else is welcomed.

Last edited:

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • originaly posted by: ~Fire
    I N F E R N O
    Alright, i tried my tile inserting and this is what i came up with.

Name: Dark mire
    game:firered
    comments:Its an area plagued by thorns, dead trees, and tall wild grass.
    It is unknown to man(except for you and bug catchers), which is why there aren't any signs anywhere.
    Credits to Pey from studiopokemon for the tree.

comments Great! I like the tiles and the map looks great. Nothing looks square and it gives the feel of being in a swamp.
    Erors none
    rating 8.4/10
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here is one from me. I am going to change the tiles soon.
    fire red
    name celebi's forest floor 1.
    It's a maze.
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Last edited:

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • originaly posted by pokemonhackgeek
    Sorry i could only get the link
    https://i410.photobucket.com/albums/p.../Zelcity-1.png

Good tiles, good intension, butyou need to do more with them.There are to many empty spaces. Just my opinion, but I don't like how kekledoves tiles are all blending since there all basicly light green. I like a variaty of colors.

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
  • Here is route 1. Please rate.
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Ewwww, that map is gross (but the tiles get an A+).
    Rating: 3/10
    Reasons: The map is very linear...the trees are placed very unnaturally too. The lake should have a bit more of a unique shape to it also, to make it look better. Same goes to mountains, give 'em more shaping up. Lastly, that tree on top of the mountain just dissapears...only its top is showing...
    Oh yea, lastly, YOU NEED TO GIVE CREDIT FOR THE ROM BASE!
    It's really uncool that you didn't!

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    Two maps, left is the starter town, right is the first route.
    perfect fit! :)

Rate 1-10. (big map)
    Spoiler:

I forgot who made the base ill edit once i figure it out. :)

Years
  • Here is route 1. Please rate.
    Credit:Zeikku, Alistair, Peyi, Kyledove,and TB pro
    Map Rating/Review Thread
    Pretty good like the palettes (can't rate on that :P)
    Alright it's to blocky you hae to make it more realistic more natural it's all so blovky but the way you made it to go trough you force them to use the whole map that is nice :) further noting so i'll rate it an 6/10

Two maps, left is the starter town, right is the first route.
    perfect fit! :)

Rate 1-10. (big map)
    Spoiler:

I forgot who made the base ill edit once i figure it out. :)
    There are some tile errors in the house and the lab the house its the door is on the wrong side and the lab has a wrong window tile,, but without that it would be an great map i'll rate it 8.3/10 :) rating with the faults it would be an 6.3 cause I really hate little tile mistakes that are so obvious..

btw in the trees to...

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    There are some tile errors in the house and the lab the house its the door is on the wrong side and the lab has a wrong window tile,, but without that it would be an great map i'll rate it 8.3/10 :) rating with the faults it would be an 6.3 cause I really hate little tile mistakes that are so obvious..

btw in the trees to...

yeah for some reason i couldnt fix those. anyways whats wrong with the trees?

Bishopk

meow :)
    Years
    • CO
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018
    It almost looks like the tree in front is underneath the tree behind it, because the way they overlap is a little... creepy.

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    not really it looks fine to me....and it doesnt really look like the tree behind is over lapping the one in front its just the way i edited the tile, it makes it so the left side of the top of the tree covers the right side of the trunk and vice versa.

Years
  • Ok, a new map! Route 1...
    Map Rating/Review Thread
    Looks nice ;) But the tree sin the upper right are a little to blocky and a little too much grass but it's good further no critism ooh wait one thing to say the bottom is nicer then the top (A):P I'll rate it an 7.3/10 if the top was like the bottom it would be much better :) (I don't mean exactly but I think you understand that ;))

Ooh btw it looks sad how there are so little flowers they look sad standing all alone XD

.:God:.

Hiding in the silence...
    Years
  • Rosewood Town

Map name: Rosewood Town
    Codebase: Pokémon FireRed

Description:
    A beautiful Town located on the coast of southern FALNA. It is well known for having some of the most beautiful sunsets in the entire Region, so it is visited quite often by tourists. Professor Zack's lab is located here. He gives new trainers their starter pokemon much like that of his once mentor Professor Oak.

Mapshot:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

------------
    Comment:
    I'm open to any constructive criticsm. And regarding that description, I couldn't resist and let my imagination work. This is the result :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back