• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
  • I'm back :D With a panorama :) It includes all maps of my hack "Silver Reign" (soon >:]) Here is it:

Spoiler:

And the text in the picture is german... I'm sorry :D It means: It'll be fixed :)

10/10 - This is going to be one fun region to play through :P

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022
    Testing out a new style, hate it or love it I have had some pretty hard times personally lately so not much time to work, but I feel this style will stick for me.

Map name: Dawn City
    Map story: An old volcano on its last legs before a mass eruption gave way. After it became dormant lugia moved its nest to the top of the dormant giant. The "Sea King" as legends call it checks on its nest every thousand years. now the crater has become an inhabitable space where much has been built in the last 50 years. The school of the Endigo islands is north of the village where you in the game reside during your student life. The Center of Endigo Islands Geology is based in Dawn City with a research building and testing facility. Jobs are offered for well known/educated pokemon students at the Endigo Academy.
    Map Game: Firered BPRE

Spoiler:

Years
  • Im trying my new style of mapping so I dont know how good it is... Hope you like P.S. I suck at mountins

Map Name: Riki road
    Map description: A loong route leading into a town where you meet your cus. I want to put in my hack but dont know if i should
    Game; Fire Red(e)

Map shot: (very big)
    Spoiler:

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Im trying my new style of mapping so I dont know how good it is... Hope you like P.S. I suck at mountins

Map Name: Riki road
    Map description: A loong route leading into a town where you meet your cus. I want to put in my hack but dont know if i should
    Game; Fire Red(e)

Map shot: (very big)
    Spoiler:
    Well, yeah it's definitely big... and a lot of the stuff is unnecessary, like half of the mountains and beyond the player can't see. But it's still fairly pretty. It was looking pretty good, until I saw all that grass near the bottom. There's just tooooooo much of it, all over the place. The player needs a little bit of a break from time to time. Also, the route isn't well enough defined. By that I mean that there's too many random directions the player could go, and it's not obvious which direction he or she should take to get to the other side. Not very playable, but a lot of time and effort was put into it, so I'll give you a: 7/10

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Route 3.3
    Made for kicks and isn't in a hack yet :)

This is the first map I have made using tiles other than firered, so please rate! Its mainly an events map, not a real route as it leads from a city to this one house :).

Spoiler:

Credits to Kyledove ^^

Bumping :) Can somebody rate mine? It was missed.

Years
  • Map Name: Pallet Town
    ROM: Leaf Green
    Hack: Striking Yellow
    Credits: kyledove, ~Gary, Wesley_FG, Alistair
    Comment:Nothing to say but its a remake of pallet town hope you peoples like it ;)
    Map:
    Spoiler:

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
    Years
  • Map Name: Pallet Town
    Comment:Nothing to say but its a remake of pallet town hope you peoples like it ;)
    Map:
    Spoiler:

7.5/10

Up's:
    -The tree placement is really great! Looks really natural.
    -It is still Pallet Town, but with a fresh look.
    -Great use of tiles.

Down's:
    -No Paths (Not a big minus, but meh...)
    -Oak's lab is waaaay too small
    -House's are too thin.
    -Too crowded in some places...
    -...And too much free space in others.

Comments: A really great map! (I rarely give high ratings)
    Improve on the points I gave you and post the new map,
    cause if you change all of the down's, I'd give you at least a 9/10
    ;)

//44tim44

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022
    It appears I have been skipped.

Testing out a new style, hate it or love it I have had some pretty hard times personally lately so not much time to work, but I feel this style will stick for me.

Map name: Dawn City
    Map story: An old volcano on its last legs before a mass eruption gave way. After it became dormant lugia moved its nest to the top of the dormant giant. The "Sea King" as legends call it checks on its nest every thousand years. now the crater has become an inhabitable space where much has been built in the last 50 years. The school of the Endigo islands is north of the village where you in the game reside during your student life. The Center of Endigo Islands Geology is based in Dawn City with a research building and testing facility. Jobs are offered for well known/educated pokemon students at the Endigo Academy.
    Map Game: Firered BPRE

Spoiler:

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Reb, your post got deleted last time due to: "first post rules... maps exceeding the size of 400x400 pixels should be wrapped in SPOILER tags or provide links..." ^^ just a hint ;)

Teh Panda

8/10

The trees need shadows, and the mountains look awkward in some places due to that way they are stacked. They also follow each other a lot and might look better if they were more varied.

The Buildings and their placings all look good, I like what you have done with the special buildings ;). Think it could do with a few less flowers though.

Overall the map is good and would be interesting to play.

Years
  • Map Name: Viridian City
    Comment:Nothing to say but its a remake of viridian city hope you peoples like it
    Map:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Map Name: Viridian City
    Comment:Nothing to say but its a remake of viridian city hope you peoples like it
    Map:
    Spoiler:

Great work,Silver!This is a perfect revamp of the Viridian city,awsome.
    rating: 9.8/10

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Map:
    Spoiler:

7/10

On the whole it looks nice, however there are quite a few tile errors on the mountains, there's also an error along the top of the gym - probably just a block edit fix up will solve that.

Also find it weird how half of the map is like the trees have grown out of control, and the top half is all controlled, in fences and perfect rows. I would like to see the same vegetation patterns across the whole city.

Then there's the fact the flowers are only in two locations, are very patterned. Try some random placings. Also the brown thing (No idea what they are, there's one just above the top path) should be moved so its not right in the middle as it looks weird. (Also move that sign on said path to the left one).

Might be nice to have some paths around the houses/gym but that's just my personal taste.

^^

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Map:
    Spoiler:
    8/10

It loost really nice. Great palettes and tiles. However, there are tile errors and the map is not in sync with itself. It doesn't fllow well.

---

Map Name: Zdras Town
    ROM: Fire Red
    Hack: Pokemon Comet
    Credits: Megiddo (trees)
    Comment: First map ever, I hope it is good. ^-^;

Spoiler:

I will change the palettes later. I might change the name of the town and hack. Hmm..

Years
  • 8/10

It loost really nice. Great palettes and tiles. However, there are tile errors and the map is not in sync with itself. It doesn't fllow well.

---

Map Name: Zdras Town
    Comment: First map ever, I hope it is good. ^-^;

Spoiler:

I will change the palettes later. I might change the name of the town and hack. Hmm..

very nice, looks natural to me i rate 7.8/10 next time put alittle more space to it so the player can walk :P

~Poke~

Hasn't played 5th gen yet.
    Years
  • Map Name: No name yet
    ROM: Emerald
    Hack: Pokemon Islands
    Comment: My starting town map

i cnt add links so i will attach it.

3/10.

Below average map, and it's 80% copied from the original Littleroot Town. Copying isn't good, it pretty much tells everyone that you have no mapping skills whatsoever, so you just copy the map and put a bit more empty space and flowers in it. Also, don't leave so much empty space around the pic of the map.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Map Name: Bedme Road
    Comment: First route. Ignore the sign in front of the cave it is purposely there to block it off. If you take off for you, congratulations, you're an idiot. Also, if you take of for the red box you are also an idiot because that is obviously not part of the actual map. >>

Edit: That random people thing shouldn't be there. Just ignore that. >_> Better yet, do what you're supposed to. Rate the map.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Map Name: Bedme Road
    Comment: First route. Ignore the sign in front of the cave it is purposely there to block it off. If you take off for you, congratulations, you're an idiot. Also, if you take of for the red box you are also an idiot because that is obviously not part of the actual map. >>

Spoiler:
    This is actually a nice map. It has a good amount of grass, and good tree/jumphillthingy placement. However it does seem like there isn't quite enough space for the player to walk in the middle of the map, and near the cave entrance. I don't see any tile errors, or any other flaws. Good Job.
    8.5/10

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back