• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
  • We were skipped.

Map Game: Pokmeon WARPED (base = fire red)

Map Name: Erasmuth Path

Spoiler:

Map Name: Paloom Village

Spoiler:

Map Name: Adair Lake

Spoiler:

Please bear in mind that this rom hack is divided into stages, and these three maps combined are stage ten. If you are confused, please look at the Pokemon: WARPED page (there's a link to it in my signature).

Please be honest.

Wow, indeed you were skipped! Two deleted posts and rating by your own teammate and you were surely skipped indeed. Surely. Horribly. Dangerous to the point you'll never get a rating, all the way THREE POSTS BACK. I mean, wow! Some people are skipped over a page, or at least half a page, but this is really bad! One post and two deleted ones, sheesh, that's a HUGE skip.

Anyway, the tree shading is horrible. Should I even call it tree shading? Well, whatever you did, it's not right. The trees that are on the tops of rows should have them.

Also, the lake is really really bland. Put some rocks or small islands or something.

Years
  • Map: Cradle of Birth

Rom: Fire Red

Comments: I thought I would work on my tiles before I put any full maps together but this was my first you could call a map that I put together it was just to test some of my tiles and I know about the small tree that overlaps the large tree error on the left but for only doing this for 3 days hopefully u might like some of it.

Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
  • Map: Cradle of Birth

Comments: I thought I would work on my tiles before I put any full maps together but this was my first you could call a map that I put together it was just to test some of my tiles and I know about the small tree that overlaps the large tree error on the left but for only doing this for 3 days hopefully u might like some of it.

Spoiler:
    The map shape itself i okay.
    You could add some more grass patches, not just scatter them around.
    Also, a problem on the border on the south.
    Also, it's very empty.
    Maybe try adding more trees or even making it smaller?

So, I have to say: 6/10.

Last edited by a moderator:

Neo-Wolf

I am back!
    Years
  • Actually that one is a Village , that's why . Still , I will get down on some more .
    Name - Random Grass Route 2
    Base ROM - Pokemon FireRed ( Mitchel1's ROM base )
    Comments - My second Grass route map . Please rate .
    Map - See attachments

~ Thanks for viewing .

Last edited:

RSC ELiTE

Is busy... Mappin'
    Years
  • Actually that one is a Village , that's why . Still , I will get down on some more .
    Map - See attachments

~ Thanks for viewing .

5/10
    The map's trees have a square placement and looks really boring nevertheless, the grass placement are pretty good. Try adding more trees the create a more "natural" look.

Years
  • Name: N/A
    Base rom: Fire Red
    Spoiler:
    Well this map looks preaty good but its way to small a player needs only like 10 seconds to get out of there. The Grass placement is ok but the player is only forced to walk over 3 spaces. The tree placement looks nice. it flows well exept in one spot on the left. The flowers and path are placed very nicely i just like the look of them.

So overall its an ok map
    rateing 6/10

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
    Map - See attachments

~ Thanks for viewing .
    There is too much grass. You should create only smaller patches so the player can breathe.

The shape is could be more 'free'. Not just straight 2 lines.

The house is okay, and the rock is there, standing...

3/10

Name: N/A
    Base rom: Fire Red
    Spoiler:
    Good job, Ven!
    I like the paths, the grass placement is perfect.
    But I don't like the unusual tree placement.
    It's just something I would never do.
    Also, include some more tall grass so the player has to force himself to get to the next city.
    And... tree shadows...???

7/10

Years
  • Name: Cradle of Birth

Comments: This map I'm actually planning on using in a hack so feedback is greatly appreciated and any errors you can see.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2015
    Map Name: Rolletta Town
    Map Game: Ruby
    Comments: Map for a hack named Pokemon Operation Eevee
    Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Map: Cradle of Birth 2

Comments: This is the north connection of the map I posted a few posts back which no one has rated yet :( I'm not to sure on this one but its for a event that happens in game and doesn't need to be huge.

Spoiler:

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Name: Cradle of Birth

Comments: This map I'm actually planning on using in a hack so feedback is greatly appreciated and any errors you can see.

Spoiler:
    (Been awhile since I've bothered to rate a map, so I guess I'll give this one a shot.)

This map has a lot of good things going for it... but there's a few problems holding it back.

First, the pros: The mountains have a good shape, and the tree placement is good. The grass placement is good in some areas. (Specifically talking about the spot surrounded on 3 sides by trees, with 2 flowers in the center of the grass.) Also, the flower placement is good, (The fact that they aren't scattered around randomly, but grouped together.) As well as the use of small rocks in the mountains etc.

Cons: Well, the first thing I see when I look at this map, is the giant patches of grass in the middle of wide open areas. This isn't a good thing, the grass should be bordered by trees, or mountains etc. Also, the map is just too wide open in general. The trees are sparsely placed enough atm that you could add plenty more to fix that problem. I also feel that the paths are too small, and could easily help fix the problem of the map being too open. (This is a much more minor thing, but I don't really like the look of the flowers being in the middle of the tall grass. Might just be my personal opinion... not really sure if it matters.)

I'm not going to give a number rating because I don't think it matters, ppl should focus more on explaining what needs to be fixed instead of giving a random number that has no real meaning. (It would probably be like a 6 or 7 I guess if you're curious though.)

Last edited:

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Ok... awhile back I posted a cave map, and said that I was making several other maps to go with it. Well here it is.
    Beware... LOTS o maps beyond these spoiler tags.
    Spoiler:

Comments: Ok, so they were designed with gameplay in mind... and might not be the prettiest maps you've ever seen... (probably mostly talking about the crater.) You can't see very far into the crater, but I decided to make the whole thing anyway cuz I wasn't sure if I was going to let the player walk all the way around or not, and for some reason... it looks kinda ugly to me now lol. That's just me tho... lets see what the rest of the world thinks shall we? (That means you need to rate them!) Oh, and I didn't bother with showing sprites in some of them, because they are fairly heavily based on scripts... it wouldn't make a lot of sense in some areas the way I placed sprites.

Oh yeah... and here's a map showing how the connections work: See attachment.

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
    Years
  • Ok... awhile back I posted a cave map, and said that I was making several other maps to go with it. Well here it is.
    Beware... LOTS o maps beyond these spoiler tags.
    Spoiler:

Comments: Ok, so they were designed with gameplay in mind... and might not be the prettiest maps you've ever seen... (probably mostly talking about the crater.) You can't see very far into the crater, but I decided to make the whole thing anyway cuz I wasn't sure if I was going to let the player walk all the way around or not, and for some reason... it looks kinda ugly to me now lol. That's just me tho... lets see what the rest of the world thinks shall we? (That means you need to rate them!) Oh, and I didn't bother with showing sprites in some of them, because they are fairly heavily based on scripts... it wouldn't make a lot of sense in some areas the way I placed sprites.

Oh yeah... and here's a map showing how the connections work: See attachment.

I really like the Complexity of the maps, and the connection is great, But personaly I don't like this Cave mapping style-only 1 walking tile(normaly).
    Map 1: 9.0
    Map 2: 9.5
    Map 3: 8.5
    Map 4: 9.0
    Map 5: 9.0
    Map 6: 9.5
    Map 7: 8.5
    Map 8: 10.0

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • the trees are straight and its too empty not bad do a little simple and reminds me of route one of fire red or route one of r/s/e over all 7/10

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back