• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos190

Likes to Hack Pokemon
Years
    • Seen May 25, 2016
    Hmm i like it as a map, but as a remake of route 101, it doesn't loo like it that much. There's too much grass where there would be none. Grass placement is good where it should be, but the placing of flowers should be more spread out then in a concentrated area at the top of the map. Another thing that is annoying is that changes over from one area to another, as the little tree making making it only one space of room to move over is bad and detracts rfom the map

Overall, I give it a 7/10.
    Thanks
    I'll try to improve with it next time :)

RainDogg54

Crown of Love
    Years
  • Name: Ozark Range
    Spoiler:

Credits: Nintendo+Gamefreak

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • Name: Ozark Range
    Spoiler:

Credits: Nintendo+Gamefreak

7/10 - if you would have done better mountain mapping and used appropriate tree shadows. The grass and ledge placement is nice. Again, I'll repeat myself - fix up the mountains and the tree shadows to make it perfect.

Improvements - Just mountains and tree shadows need fixing. :3

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022
    I've got a unique style of world map.
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Rate honestly.

Hmm, well this definitely is unique!
    Somehow though it comes off as a bit sloppy in all honesty. It has a great shape but the tiles used are just a bit dark for the region. The path and city stuff is great though... Overall it is a 6/10. You could improve the tiles of the ocean and land.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
  • I've got a unique style of world map.
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Rate honestly.

Honestly, I like it^^
    It's a refreshing change from the standard tiles and, though most attempts to make a world map without using the stock tiles turn out horribly, I think you've done a good job of maintaining the essence of a world map. Some of the routes look a little too squiggly but for the most part it's very good.

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
    Years
  • :.My Map.:
    It seems my map was left out or maybe was not notice by anyone even though it is on the first post of this page..lol
    Name:Forest Of Death
    Hack:Era Of Darkness
    Credeit:To the owners of the tiles
    Comment:I don't know if this is good or bad that is why i post here for opinion.This map is used for my hack so no stealing.
    Spoiler:

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
  • :.My Map.:
    It seems my map was left out or maybe was not notice by anyone even though it is on the first post of this page..lol
    Name:Forest Of Death
    Hack:Era Of Darkness
    Credeit:To the owners of the tiles
    Comment:I don't know if this is good or bad that is why i post here for opinion.This map is used for my hack so no stealing.
    Spoiler:

Way too busy, too troublesome to go through, probably a lot of annoying Pokemon around.
    The trees don't match with the ground, they should be a bit more pale and a tad of teal in the trees would be better.

I'd give it a 6/10, make a bit more space, take a few patches of grass out, make it look a bit more neat, dont make the trees so random and fix up the palettes.
    It's not a bad map, but it's not special either.

Don't take my post as an insult, i'm just trying to help :)

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Map Name: None. Just some outpost/town type thingy.

Map Game: Emerald

Comments: I've never liked making towns, so I usually map caves or routes. I just never like the way my towns turn out, but this one's ok I guess. I made this one specifically to connect 2 other routes that I had made. I might post the whole thing once it's done, but if not, it goes something like this: Starting town -> small route -> cave -> big route -> this town -> another big route -> small route -> large city. I've only made the 2 big routes, the town and the 2nd small routes, so I dunno exactly how it'll end up being yet. (If I even make the whole thing. Not like any of it's gonna be used in a hack or anything.)

I actually thought that the shape of this was perfect to just be a normal route, while keeping the house on the right as a sort of pseudo-pokemon center. I tried making it like that, but I just couldn't get it to look right, so I left it as a town. Another part that I couldn't get looking right was the very middle, where there is a gab between 2 large paths. It looks way better this way, but it's fairly unrealistic... in the end, I just decided to make up a story to go along with it, instead of trying to connect the paths properly.

The story goes: When you first get to the town, you would heal your pokemon (which means you enter from the bottom), then try to continue on, and find that the path has been blocked by some sort of rock, or landslide or something, I dunno (in the grassy area in the middle of the map, between the paths). After that, you have to go back and do something else, and they will clean it up so you can go through in the meantime. Generic plot event really, but it fixed the problem for me lol.

Annnyyyywaaayyy. Towns are really new to me. This is basically the first one I've ever done. (... sorta, but I kinda sucked back then lol.) So, please give me some detailed reviews on how I can improve.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • Map Name: Route 301

Map Game:
    Fire Red

Comments:
    ~( '' )~

Mapshot:
    Map Rating/Review Thread
    It's pretty good. The tree pacement should be less square. In some areas it is to spaces, and empty. There is no much grass in the middle, just remove some. Some more flowers would be nice. The bush in the top right hand corner dosen't look nice in that area. I like the way you did the dirt passes especially the one where the stares are. The shap is some what simple and an easy route to get throw but good for the beginning of a game. The city pass are two straight. No border errors or block errors that's a pulse.
    Paths- 8.5/10
    Tree Placement- 6/10
    Flower placement- 7/10
    Grass placement- 6.5/10
    Mountains- 10/10
    block/tile erros- None.

Total rating for this map is 7/10

Ghost

[b][color=orange]ツ[/color][color=teal][i]In the Ma
    Years
  • Map Name: SLEFIX TOWN
    Map Game: Ruby
    Comments: A map from my new hack. Mainly credits to deviation for the base.
    Spoiler:
    Rate 1 0ut of 10! Give reasons.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    I'm trying to re-create HG/SS Kanto maps, but in a R/S/E style. Here's Route 1:
    Route 1
    The guard house is custom, the trees are from Emerald since they look like the HG/SS Kanto trees, and I used the Ruby/Sapphire grass because they look nicer.

I'm using the same trees as Emerald because they look like the HG/SS Kanto trees, and I no longer consider them Hoenn trees because I've made a hack of Pokemon Emerald that makes Hoenn look like Pokemon Platinum's Battle Zone. Right now I'm working on an Emerald hack that takes place in Kanto.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    I'm trying to re-create HG/SS Kanto maps, but in a R/S/E style. Here's Route 1:
    Route 1
    The guard house is custom, the trees are from Emerald since they look like the HG/SS Kanto trees, and I used the Ruby/Sapphire grass because they look nicer.

I'm using the same trees as Emerald because they look like the HG/SS Kanto trees, and I no longer consider them Hoenn trees because I've made a hack of Pokemon Emerald that makes Hoenn look like Pokemon Platinum's Battle Zone. Right now I'm working on an Emerald hack that takes place in Kanto.

Well I don't know what the route 1 in HG/SS looks like; I like the map, but I don't like the tiles. (I've never liked Hoenn tiles.)

9/10

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • I've got a unique style of world map.
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Rate honestly.
    This region's layout is wonderful. The only major issue I have with it, is where the land gets higher. It looks fairly unnatural to be really dark around the edges, and then just look exactly the same as everywhere else in the rest of the raised areas. The transition should be a bit more smooth imo, and the higher areas could be a different color. I also don't really like the fact that all of the lakes, and many of the islands are the exact same shape repeated.

It's hard to rate a world map, because it's mostly just what you think looks good vs what I think looks good, neither of which is necessarily right.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Map Name: SLEFIX TOWN
    Map Game: Ruby
    Comments: A map from my new hack. Mainly credits to deviation for the base.
    Spoiler:
    Rate 1 0ut of 10! Give reasons.

Someone used it!

Anyway... The random cement path in front of the small house is... Well, not necessary, and kinda spoils it to me (my opinion). Also, check this map in game. I'm not sure, but there might be a border issue with the bottom rock. Also, the paths split up doesn't work too well, and they should all be connected. I like the tree palcemen:

7/10.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back