• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffin™

Knows your age
Years
  • my map of somachi town

hack: pokemon aero 42 shiny red

If you can give me any suggestions it will be greatly appreciated.

mymapofSOMACHI.png

Let me give you a rating... 2/10 and 5/10 << For beginners

I recommended you start learning tutorials, just like I did. Now lemme give you some suggestions...

Be Original Don't put the same water route, same size ect. be CREATIVE. Add some more trees because it is just too square. And you need windows on those houses, and PLEASE, PLEASE BE CREATIVE. That is all.

Years
  • Map Name: Saintony Forest
    ROM Hack: Pokemon Xanadu Version (FireRed Base)
    Comments: This was one of the first maps I've done, and I used Viridian Forest for the base (only the border).

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    It's been a long while since I last made a map.
    The situation must be remedied.

Map Name:Narrow Path
    Map Game:Firered.
    Comments:My first map in a while. Damn, I forgot to add the different flowers.
    Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    It's been a long while since I last made a map.
    The situation must be remedied.

Map Name:Narrow Path
    Map Game:Firered.
    Comments:My first map in a while. Damn, I forgot to add the different flowers.
    Mapshot:
    Spoiler:
    Not one of your better maps. The layout is really quite poor and it feels too claustrophobic. The mountain shape is particularly bad, it just feels way to random... like you closed your eyes and dragged the mountain tile in some general direction. Grass placement is pretty bad too and the amount of flowers, bushes, puddles, small trees, grass paths and sand paths makes the map look too busy. The fences look like they've just been tacked on, they really don't belong there. The beach looks alright until you get to the water.

4/10

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
    Years
  • Map Name: Aloaya Region
    Hack: Pokemon Saturn
    Hack of: Fire Red
    Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Comments: Just my region map for saturn ^-^, it's incomplete, I make the region map as I map the region :P

Map Name: Jaiz Path
    Hack: Pokemon Saturn
    Hack of: Fire Red
    Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Comments: The route adjacent to Vensien town, and connects to Balen City to the North. ^-^

Last edited:

Dratii

Working on something new...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    Name: Falkor Pass
    ROM: FireRed
    Comments: A random map, Nintendo style.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Name: First Town
    Comments: A very simple map.
    Map:
    Spoiler:

:O ur alive :P (or was I half-dead x3)

but to get to the point:

It looks very nice :) the only thing that bothers me is that the paths are so big..
    And maybe the entrance to the bottom house it's a bit small but it's not ruïning the map or something like (not sarcastic :P) I give it a 7.9/2010 :)

:edit:
    Bad typo :x

Last edited:

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022
    :O ur alive :P (or was I half-dead x3)

but to get to the point:

It looks very nice :) the only thing that bothers me is that the paths are so big..
    And maybe the entrance to the bottom house it's a bit small but it's not ruïning the map or something like (not sarcastic :P) I give it a 7.9/20 :)

I believe you mean 7.9/10 (unless you wanted to rate it really low although you had a rather nice review ;P

Anyways I shall review the same map!

The path in my opinion is perfect, I like rather big paths in cities. No usually I am against the conformist Firered tiles but I get the point here for some reason. FankKingOmega tiles fit perfectly with your style. 8/10

Years
  • Name: untitled
    ROM: Ruby
    Comments: This is my first map that I'm actually pretty happy with. It's a starting town, I might add another house or two and make it a little bigger. The path in the middle is supposed to be a bridge and I'm going to change it when I insert the tiles.
    Map:
    fc7gbo.jpg

Credit: creators of project mustang

Last edited:

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
  • Name: N/A
    ROM: Firered
    Comments: None just a simple map
    j0hbwz.jpg
    This map just feels... claustrophobic. It's so small the player can't even breathe. And it's very clumped too. The grass in not ordered, and scattered all over the map. I only like the flower placement.
    I'm not going to rate it.

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Name: Falkor Pass
    Spoiler:

Really just kind of boring. It feels like a filler route, you should add something to it to make it special/unique. The map has some pretty glaring flaws in it, the most obvious being the huge amount of empty space surrounding the girl. The hilly part above the girl seems pretty pointless and is a bit of an eye sore with its current shape and surroundings. The tree placement isn't very good and the overall layout of the map seems sloppy and unpolished. Maybe you posted this map prematurely? The paths look weird and I'm not a fan of using small trees the way you've used them.

4.5/10

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
  • Map Name: 1
    Made on: Fire Red
    Details: Just a map to a hermit's house..
    Map:
    Spoiler:
    Hey pal, nice to see you map again! :3

Anyway, that's a pretty good map. Almost a route penetration to my eyes. If I look at it on my style, your grass placement is perfect. Well, the rest are above average, too. Covering up any popping empty space, the only thing that would bother me are some tile errors on the trees' base (they should be connected to each other if there are two adjacted trees) and that pond which is stuck above the ground.

9/10, good job.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • Name: Noumu City
    Base: Fire Red
    Details: A foggy city, Noumu City rests on the edge of sheer cliffs and connected by two routes, one to the east and another to the south.
    Map:

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
  • Name: Falkor Pass
    Spoiler:

I LIKE IT

Okay, yeah, just commenting for a balance of views. xD It's a very cute path. Not super exciting, but there aren't many ways to make an exciting route with FR tiles. I like the shape of the top and bottom paths. The hill near the top is my favourite part, and I'm guessing the guy sitting on it has some importance. Overall, the map is too small to be a proper route - maybe it's a park? The top area needs some tall grass to balance out the bottom half of the map. And yeah, there's too much space around the girl. I dunno, put some more grass there?

Name: Noumu City
    Base: Fire Red
    Details: A foggy city, Noumu City rests on the edge of sheer cliffs and connected by two routes, one to the east and another to the south.
    Map:

I like how the buildings are placed, and the streets between them. It's great that there's an elevation shift in the middle of town - you don't see that enough, I think. The 'sheer cliff' idea also works well. (Although...can you even see the water in game? It might be completely invisible except beside the green-roofed house.) Overall, a very original town.

Still, a lot of small things bug me about this map. First, the blue houses. They have no windows. Without windows, they look like...jewelry boxes, or something. Not human habitations. The L-shaped bush formation behind the yellow house...why does it stick out into the street like that? Those two tiles aren't even part of the land the house sits on. The row of boulders in front of the gym looks odd and doesn't add much to the map. There's a bit of path beside the gym that looks like a dead end. And all of your flower/bush arrangements are in patterns...even the fences are taking part. Why would anyone arrange a fence in a pattern? Just small things, but they drive me bonkers because I'm like that.

The elevation difference between the east and west sides of the town is two levels, not one. I know why - the cave entrance requires it. (By the way, why is the cave entrance planted with flowers, and fenced in? Someone's private garden?) But it's not necessary to carry that double line of elevation throughout the map. It looks rather artificial, especially together with the stairs. You could leave one level behind the gym, for a more natural feel.

I rate you...medium.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back