• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating Thread

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
    It's also a bit too square...try adding more trees in the corners to smooth it out. Also, there is a tile overlapping error where the water is.

Alright, thanks! But, for the error, do you mean the edges of the water overlapping the mountain? Because that's how the HGSS water is.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Alright, thanks! But, for the error, do you mean the edges of the water overlapping the mountain? Because that's how the HGSS water is.
    That may be so, but it still looks wrong in your screenshot.

As mentioned, it's too square, and the objects (houses/trees) are too separated from anything else. If you put a few things next to each other instead of spreading them all out, it'll draw the map together.

There seems to be a thin and very boring path along the clifftops. If you're going to keep it, at least make it interesting by sticking a little grove at the end or something.

And the name Pinecone Town can be improved...

Cilerba

Years
    That may be so, but it still looks wrong in your screenshot.

As mentioned, it's too square, and the objects (houses/trees) are too separated from anything else. If you put a few things next to each other instead of spreading them all out, it'll draw the map together.

There seems to be a thin and very boring path along the clifftops. If you're going to keep it, at least make it interesting by sticking a little grove at the end or something.

And the name Pinecone Town can be improved...

Alright, thanks. I will post the improved version of the town later on.

And the name Pinecone Town isn't the actual name. I just thought of some weird random name to name the file.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
    @Cilerba Something looks off with the House tiles your using, they look too cartoonish or something... Just dont like the houses. Map is way too square the mountains should be more random looking and I dont really understand why there is sand and a beach with a house that looks like it doesn't belong... Besides where did the sand come from? Just fell outta the sky the water and sand should flow together...

Cilerba

Years
    @Cilerba Something looks off with the House tiles your using, they look too cartoonish or something... Just dont like the houses. Map is way too square the mountains should be more random looking and I dont really understand why there is sand and a beach with a house that looks like it doesn't belong... Besides where did the sand come from? Just fell outta the sky the water and sand should flow together...

What do you mean about the house? It is the same house in HG/SS.

Here is the new and improved version of "Something" Town. I need a name, so if anybody could help me think of a name, please post!

Spoiler:

nimmy23

Hi im nimmy23... Hi im nimmy23
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2012
    I've got a name. Since theres quite alot of trees. Why not call it Tree-Fort Town.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
    Spoiler:

Kindle Woods, for my game. Please rate :)

Credit:
    Kyldove
    Alucus
    Alistair
    Reck
    WesleyFG
    My own pallets, don't steal.

nimmy23

Hi im nimmy23... Hi im nimmy23
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2012
    A'bit to much shade. Need to improve the building tiles.

Years
    Thought I would try to get some opinions from here on this map.

Name: Route 92
    Connections: East, West
    Warps: Cave x4, House
    Wild Pokemon: Grass, Surf, Headbutt/Zen Headbutt
    Overworld Abilities: Surf, Headbutt, Cut, Rock Climb
    Trainers: Hiker x4, Youngster x3
    Items: Visible x4, Hidden x3
    Other Notes: I know, there's a tile error at the top of the map. In this map, I was aiming for Nintendo's style of mapping. It's based off of Gen IV-style.

The newest tiles are private, so DO NOT USE THEM.
    Map:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
    Years
    Overall, I really like the feel of the map Alistair. The little house is a really neat touch, and the tiles are quite attractive. A few minor things though...

• The little path in the top-left seems a little awkward to me. I think you should make it a little less straight, or widen it somewhat.
    • Those Poké Balls are massive. They as big as a standard character's head.
    • Probably a small thing, but replace some of those Youngsters with some Campers. Seems like an awesome camping spot to me.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    What do you mean about the house? It is the same house in HG/SS.

Here is the new and improved version of "Something" Town. I need a name, so if anybody could help me think of a name, please post!

Spoiler:

Why does the town have no paths in it? Even rural towns have roads.

I've got a name. Since theres quite alot of trees. Why not call it Tree-Fort Town.

So it's like Fortree, but definitely not because of the hyphen, right?

Spoiler:

Kindle Woods, for my game. Please rate :)

Credit:
    Kyldove
    Alucus
    Alistair
    Reck
    WesleyFG
    My own pallets, don't steal.

There seems to be far too much 'shade' in this area, and the design you used isn't a particularly good one.

Thought I would try to get some opinions from here on this map.

Name: Route 92
    Connections: East, West
    Warps: Cave x4, House
    Wild Pokemon: Grass, Surf, Headbutt/Zen Headbutt
    Overworld Abilities: Surf, Headbutt, Cut, Rock Climb
    Trainers: Hiker x4, Youngster x3
    Items: Visible x4, Hidden x3
    Other Notes: I know, there's a tile error at the top of the map. In this map, I was aiming for Nintendo's style of mapping. It's based off of Gen IV-style.

The newest tiles are private, so DO NOT USE THEM.
    Map:
    Spoiler:

As I'm definitely not a fan of Nintendo's mapping skills, I pretty much don't like the majority of the map, it just seems far to linear. :\

And I have to agree about the Pokeballs, I would hate to have to toss those things. :shocked:

incognito322

let's look towards the future!
    Years
    Here is a compilation map. The new look of part of my region in Pokemon Jade.
    3 Maps: Rosette Town, Cape Serenity and Route 49, all joined together for fluidity. :)

Map Rating Thread

*edit: I know I misspelled sea in the paragraph, but I was too lazy to change one little letter and reupload it, so excuse that little error.

Gigatom~

Pokemon Ruthenium Creator ~
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2012
    Here is a compilation map. The new look of part of my region in Pokemon Jade.
    3 Maps: Rosette Town, Cape Serenity and Route 49, all joined together for fluidity. :)

Map Rating Thread

*edit: I know I misspelled sea in the paragraph, but I was too lazy to change one little letter and reupload it, so excuse that little error.

One of the best maps I've ever seen. Amazing 10/10 points.
    Great Mapper!

Gigatom~

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
    I revamped this map from an older version some of you may or may not remember. but here it is. I still need to recolor the building, and the bushes in front of it.

Map Rating Thread

Gigatom~

Pokemon Ruthenium Creator ~
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2012
    Nice Map, 9/10.
    But one thing, wenn you don't have Rock Climb and Fly you can't go out of this little place next to the lab.

Back