• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Maractus] vs Audino

Who do you pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
  • I really like both the Pokémon but I voted for Audino.

Maractus has a cool design and is based of a cactus, which is cool. Though I cannot help but compare it to Cacturne, which is one of my favourite Pokémon, so it comes off as worse there. When I used Maractus, it couldn't do much in battle. It did have Sucker Punch which helped it a bit though. Maractus is still one of my favourites from Unova.

I always liked Audino ever since I saw its tail. Yes, it may be useless competitively, believe me, I know, but that doesn't matter in this case because Maractus isn't flash either. Anyway back to the tail, it looks like whipped cream. When I first saw it, it made me love Audino ten times more than before. Audino also have a very pretty design. And one cannot forget about the kind Audino helps people train their Pokémon, even though it makes you feel guilty, it is still very helpful. Also if I didn't vote for it I'm pretty sure someone would be very mad at me.

Awkward Squirtle

,@,e .ºoO
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2016
    Man, that line in the first post is so true. It took me forever to find a Maractus with Water Absorb. And I'm sick of finding Audino whenever I search for Pokémon like the elemental monkeys.

Maractus for life!

TheLegendary35

Legendary and Purple
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2022
    I'm not normally this much of a prick (pun intended!), but Maractus has my vote here. Audino is, as stated before, an adorable and useful experience bunny. Unfortunately its Normal-typing and poor stats (save for HP) leave much to be desired. I'll admit its movepool can stretch out ad infinitum, but those stats, man!

Maractus in my opinion is the best prickly partner one could hope for. Its design is simply adorable! A dancing cactus? Consider it done. This is one of my favorite non-Ghost/Dark Pokemon in the game in fact. It also actually does have competitive usage. Allow me to explain: Storm Drain, Persim Berry, Acupressure, Cotton Guard, Synthesis, and Petal Dance. Perfect to annoy the living who-knows-what out of your opponents. I swear this will be on my team if I ever do a Let's Play of B/W!

Shortened Version: Audino is an experience bunny, Maractus is a dancing cactus that actually has competitive use. Case closed.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Maractus. Just simply because it's got a better design to it. I never used either one so...plus I rarely ever like mono-Normal types anyway other than Cinccino/Porygon-Z.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 4, 2012
    Audino is cute in a butt ugly sorta way therefore I choose Audino. Leveled that thing up to the 70's before I quit White.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Honest to god, I'm not sure I've even heard of Maractus, let alone seen one in a game. Audino gets my vote with ease, as it's an EXP-machine, which is great for grinding.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Online now
    Maractus is awesome. It gets Spikes (it works rather well actually with Synthesis as a healing move and HP Fire + Energy Ball for coverage) so its auto cool, plus it has an amazing ability in Water Absorb which gives it a niche checking powerful water users (ive even used it in ubers to check things like Specs Water Spouts and Thunders from Kyogre lol!) which is rather more important than being an inferior Chansey, Clefable, Lickilicky, Blissey which is what Audino is. Cactuses are better looking.

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2014
    I definitely vote for Audino because they're grinding bros :D. As for Maractus, i think theres nothing unique about it sadly.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Oh God, now the difference between the two is way too high. Well then I hope none of you use Audino's EXP services in the future! @ Maractus voters. Well I hope ya'll don't in general, BUT ESPECIALLY NOT NOW. With one day to go does anyone else kinda wanna hope for the impossible?

LegendaryFSK

I control my own fate.
    Years
  • I don't like the design of either one, but I voted for Audino. The only reason it got my vote is for the EXP it gives out when I need to grind away some levels.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    My vote goes for Audino. Audino is cute and I like it's design. Maractus is just a cactus like Cacturne and I don't like it's design. Plus you get little extra Exp. points when defeating Audino.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Oh God, now the difference between the two is way too high. Well then I hope none of you use Audino's EXP services in the future! @ Maractus voters. Well I hope ya'll don't in general, BUT ESPECIALLY NOT NOW. With one day to go does anyone else kinda wanna hope for the impossible?
    NAH. MARACTUS FTW GOGOGO GUYS! Audino is great for EXP, but Maractus is better for everything else. Would you rather receive more from a package than just one thing? Let's face it, the only reason anyone could like Audino is for its EXP and/or design. Let's go Maractus!

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016

NAH. MARACTUS FTW GOGOGO GUYS! Audino is great for EXP, but Maractus is better for everything else. Would you rather receive more from a package than just one thing? Let's face it, the only reason anyone could like Audino is for its EXP and/or design. Let's go Maractus!
    What if the Pokemon we are using battles Audino, but is already at level 100?? :O EXP wouldn't be a factor then!

Years
  • I think this guy has won this round:

[Maractus] vs Audino

It's nice but I prefer Audino.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Okay so Audino loses, etc. :( Next poll will be up soon unstickying and so on ;;

Back