• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March 19th 2011 - The end of the world?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Yeeaahh ... the moon's been drifting away for thousands of years, it coming closer than it was 18 years ago is not going to end the world

Umbreon Bob

Da Trainer
    Years
  • I honestly cant see how a full moon will change anything.
    if this would happen at a half moon the effects would be the same, just because we cant see it doesnt mean its not there.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    The scientific community predicts the end of the world on average 20 times a year. When was the last time the world ended based on their predictions? It hasn't. Take it with a grain of salt, folks.

Years
  • The scientific community predicts the end of the world on average 20 times a year. When was the last time the world ended based on their predictions? It hasn't. Take it with a grain of salt, folks.
    I hope you don't mean to say this crackpot astrologer is a reputable scientist and that you mean to say that scientists in general are predicting the end of the world all the time... in which case I'd still disagree with you, but for other reasons than the obvious astrology-is-not-a-science one.

I do find it funny that people who think the moon will actually cause a disaster think it will happen when the moon is at its closest, as if it will stay far away and have no effect and then suddenly jump really close and cause an apocalypse.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • Giant enemy planet, attack its weak point for massive damage while using realtime orbit change.

Giant enemy planet ruptures and assumes giant celestial space crab form to defend itself!

*Coughs, and adjusts non-existent tie*

Like astrology really needed another fool predicting the end of the world to give it a bad rep. *Head, apply directly to the desk!*

As if "The world" would actually end even if this did make sense.

Last edited:

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
  • i'm a person that likes to tempt fate so I will also like to say this will never ever happen and even if it does at least it can't get any worse. I also have a boat that is absolutely unsinkable so I could go in there.

Only a few hours away now.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Alright, I feel like butting in with the site of the guy who coined the word 'SuperMoon'

https://www.astropro.com/features/articles/supermoon/

The article presented in this thread is what we're talking about, right? That the end of the world with this SuperMoon is complete bullcrap? Right? Good, we all agree.

However, I do have to side with astrology on the fact of natural disasters occurring right upon the moments of these supermoons. Read the site. Nothing about zombie apocalypses or raptures or the moon crashing into the earth. But natural disasters do tend to occur. Of course, it is all related to how the moon affects tides and maybe other factors on earth.

But, it's just a hypothesis, but mathematically, it's very damn hard to disprove the correlations as plain coincidence.

WriteThemWrong

Years
  • playing video games and reading a book. if this does happen wouldn't it happen to the eastern hemisphere first seeing as how they would face the full moon first? so then that would only be a few hours from now

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Haha It's been the 19th for 13 hours and I was pretty sure nothing was gonna happen, then my dad shouts "Is that a Tsunami?" I rush over the window and it's just that the color of the water is different on the farther side.... well he wasn't wearing his glasses XD

WriteThemWrong

Years
  • the people here in my apartment complex have a lot of pets and i don't hear unusual barking or tantrums so on top of being an invisible end of the world it must be a silent one too

Umbreon Bob

Da Trainer
    Years
  • It's not just a full moon.

Im fully aware of that, what Im saying is that A full moon wont add any extra "effects" to this whole incident. This kind of thing is upposed to happen once every 2 decades if I remember correctly and well... We're still here after all the other thousands of times this has happened.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back