• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March Map Making Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeM0nFiRe

Running for Supreme Ruler :)
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 8, 2022
Comment for Ruyin: The part where the bridge thing crosses that railroad track and the stairs to get to it and the surrounding few tiles look a little awkward, Like the tiles aren't meant to go together.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
Yup, that's a common error: misuse of the tileset. That bridge was made for being over water, and shouldn't be used elsewhere.
Another thing too: the red sign was meant to be a red sign, not some kind of door lol

The last thing, more concerning the tileset you're using: the flowers and the sand should blend with the grass, however, I can see a light green square.

Oh, one more last thing... (sorry)

there are 5 tiles for grass in Pokemon, but you're using just one, making the floor look too repetitive, you know?

That's about it, I guess...

DeM0nFiRe

Running for Supreme Ruler :)
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 8, 2022
hmm... well this is goin a little off topic... :P lol

anyway, so far all these maps are lookin pretty good. It'll prolly be a close one

Ruyin

Skilled RMXP Mapper
Years
Yeah I know it looks funny. I made in like 10 minutes just for this comp so I'm not too stressed.

j.a

awesomenesses!
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2008
heres my entry if its not to late:

its a screenshot of my next game untold legends pm me if you want info on it.

Ruyin

Skilled RMXP Mapper
Years
Well I wasn't quite happy with my previous map, so I came up with a new one using my custom made Train Station Model. This might just feature in my game:

RM2K3kid

Insane..
Years
Okay, well I've threw together two maps. Both have been quickly mapped so don't expect anything great. The first is a route/town map pokemon tileset, nothing fancy. The second is a random map thrown together with zelda minish cap tileset I just made. The tileset is far from complete or correct, this gave me the opportunity to test what I had so far out. I was going to post them near the close date but I can't be bothered waiting around and I haven't got the time to do anything proper anymore, so here they are.

I'll put them both in a link because the pokemon is rather.. uh.. big. *sigh*
Pokemon Route/Town
Zelda Map

Enjoy.

Years
@Glitchfinder: Great Map! I do see a 4 errors, though. One stump is hovering over water and a tree is missing part of the base. Two trees are also missing lower branches. You are very talented! I especially love the waterfalls. 9.75/10 (The only thing that doesn't make it a perfect 10 is because it doesn't really seem that usable. Too many trees block movement, and there is no way to get across the water)
No offense, but I seriously doubt you made that in 20 minutes.

@Ruyin: Map is okay. I see many flaws in the bases of the trees. I see you also have not fixed the flower error (The white path and the light green path have the same problem). The train station building is a nice touch. The ash-covered trees seem out of place, along with the bridge. 7/10

@RM2k3Kid: I love the Minish map! I noticed no errors. It is mapped perfectly to the style. 10/10.
You Pokémon map is excellent, too, but it seeams a little big. The beach seems to be a little square, but other than that, it looks great! Very balanced and detailed. 9.5/10

Last edited:

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
Years
@Glitchfinder: Great Map! I do see a 4 errors, though. One stump is hovering over water and a tree is missing part of the base. Two trees are also missing lower branches. You are very talented! I especially love the waterfalls. 9.75/10 (The only thing that doesn't make it a perfect 10 is because it doesn't really seem that usable. Too many trees block movement, and there is no way to get across the water)
No offense, but I seriously doubt you made that in 20 minutes.

I didn't intend it to be usable. I intended it to be pretty. I'll update it later today. (I noticed the errors myself, I just didn't fix them) And, I just checked back on my computer log, and realized how much time flies when you are having fun. I won't disclose how long it took though. (I just noticed, I can only find one tree missing lower branches. I also just corrcted several errors regarding layers)

*Edit*

I just found the other error. Thanks for the comments!

Last edited:

RM2K3kid

Insane..
Years
You Pokémon map is excellent, too, but it seems a little big. The beach seems to be a little square, but other than that, it looks great! Very balanced and detailed. 9.5/10

Yeah I don't like the beach either.. haven't had much spare time lately. The size really isn't a 'map contest' size is it.. but it's about how big I wanted the route and town I guess, I think I'm stuck in game mode :S.

Ruyin

Skilled RMXP Mapper
Years
Great, well here it is... Be amazed at Futura City... Or not.

All buildings in this map were customized by me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back