• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March Map Making Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Well, I wouldn't call it great. There are many problems with it.

-- 1.)It is way too symmetrical. The builings could be arranged a little better by not having them perfectly symmetrical.

-- 2.)The buildings don't look right. The PC, Mart, and Gym are blurry, and the lightest color on the roofs of the houses is too bright.
You should also say you customized the buildings, not made them. Making a building is making it completely from scratch.

-- 3.) There are many tree errors. Look behind the PC and Mart. The FR/LG and Silon trees should not be mixed. Also, look at the lower right tree near the fountain. It is covering a piece of patch.

-- 4.) The lake doesn't seem right. Mak it smaller and get rid of the fence. Use rocks instead.

-- 5.) There are way too many flowers. Get rid of about half of them.

Other than that, it looks better than your other maps. 7.5/10.

Ruyin

Skilled RMXP Mapper
Years
Thanks for the feedback Don Patch.
I was trying to make the map symmetrical, it is a futuristic city, things are meant to look artificial.

As I said, blurring while zoomed out is unavoidable. I also changed my post to say customized.

You always say many tree errors, I can't see any. EDIT: Oh crap, the tree next to the hospital doesn't match...

Uh, the lake as are the flowers are space fillers. Trust me the map looks PLAIN without them.

Graagh! Can't stop making maps.... Must... replace... train... station...

Crazy Weavile

Manufacturing a deity
Years
I'll enter Chromeshore City from my fangames.
chromeshoremapyy3.png

Years
@Ruyin: If you are going to keep it symmetrical, then could probably move the houses so they are right next to each other. And about the blurriness, that is not that hard to fix. Just choose a couple of colors from each parts of the building, and recolor those parts with those colors. And about the space fillers, and easy solution is making the map smaller.

DeM0nFiRe

Running for Supreme Ruler :)
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 8, 2022
Hmm... Everybody elses maps are bigger than mine. Can someone tell me if i should make mine bigger? I could prolly make it bigger before the 18th if you would like.

DeM0nFiRe

Running for Supreme Ruler :)
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 8, 2022
I don't understansd what you just said don :) but i'm gonna assume that meant make it bigger so i'll do that in a little while.

DARNIT nevermind, I can't fix my map. Soda got spilled no my other computer that has that tileset and now it's fried :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back