• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Masc, straight acting, No Femmes

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    How masculine/feminine do you think you are? Are you tomboyish? Flamboyant? Does your way of presenting yourself correspond with your gender? Do you present yourself in a way that isn't gendered? (androgynous)

how far you want to go in explaining how this relates to different aspects of your life is entirely up to you

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    Around women I'm masculine af, and around men I'm a little girl inside

In general I really like effeminate clothing like robes and tight jeans and things like that. I think it makes me cute

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I'm perverted and horny like a man, I cross my legs sometimes like a girl or a guy, I'm probably as emotional as a girl, I have the face of a boy and the physique of a girl and I listen to manly music. Lmao. Idk. I'm just myself. I identify myself as male.

Oh and I wear men's clothes only. However, men's skinny jeans seem to be socially considered as feminine. :P

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

I like to consider the way I act a mix of masculine and feminine. I guess it really depends on what one views as "masculine" or "feminine". I guess I dress more masculine than I do feminine, but my personality would be more socially defined as feminine if that makes sense!

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    Well with the aesthetic/personality thing I should note how masculine and alpha I am personality wise 8)

People stop to let me talk, though maybe that's because I'm sharing some ever-so-valuable insight into their situation. Totally not dressed for the occasion though

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    I'm a man. I act masculine. That's all there is to it. Except for those times when I see a really cute dress and have to fight someone for it. And then I'm still masculine, I just look good doing it.
    Same.

Then everyone starts questioning what color it is. wtf

Years
    I'd say overall I'm pretty feminine? At least by western standards, I guess. The parameters vary depending on culture. I'm mostly gauging this by how others perceive me... And yes, I'd say the way I present myself corresponds with my gender.

...*looks at tile* When people say "straight acting" is that cuz they assume that straight people behave in a manner that conforms to their gender?

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
    I... don't know?

I guess girls are supposed to like make-up, shopping, shopping sprees, discounts and uhm... perfume and stuff...

I don't wear make-up. I don't have great self-esteem; I just think it's a waste of money and only supports the media's approach to what "beauty" and "feminine" is. I don't agree with it. Natural beauty is better. You shouldn't have to wear make-up to be told you're pretty. I guess it's both due to finances and morality that I don't invest in it.

I find shopping to be annoying and bothersome. It's so tiresome to have to buy new clothes. Sure, I like new things, but getting to the point of buying new things is so tedious. I hate it.

I guess those two things don't correspond with femininity. I like jewelry, though, especially earrings. Not too big on rings except that kind of ring :pink_tongue: I like necklaces, too.

I like hockey, but don't play. I like video games, which hopefully will grow into a more feminine hobby.

I'm really not sure. I'm just me :pink_tongue:

Years
    The funny thing about homosexuality in the Greek polis and Western Society, there are striking similarities regarding gender.

In Ancient Greece the dominant partner was considered more established, higher status, masculine, and superior. Whereas, the submissive partner was regarded as weak, young, feminine, not established, inferior, and was the only one of the two in these partnerships with the negative stigma attached.

Similarly, not exactly looking at relationship dynamics, but gays that are considered more "passable" as straight men are considered superior and masculine, whereas femininity is regarded as inferior, weak, and among other pejorative attributes. I know, I am using passable which is often used in regards to trans issues, but hey I think it works in this context too.

With that said, I am "passable" if that is how we define masculine within a social context. Though, I don't really feel the need to act or try to be more masculine than I am. Further, I love men that are masculine with a tinge of femininity than those that are more masculine or try to be more masculine than I am. On a scale to 1-10 (1 being feminine and 10 being masculine), I would be an 8 or 9, and I prefer a 7.

James Franco usually isn't my style, but the character he plays in the interview sort of nails what I am trying to describe. The guy who is expressive, cute, non-controlling, yet with a masculine exterior/voice/posture...I am not into the twink type at all. The twink exterior reads very feminine, and I am not interested in feminine exteriors/voices/posture. Though, in regard to personality, little glimpses of femininity are preferred!

Spoiler:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I personally think I'm a comfy 50/50 on masculinity and femininity. I don't really know how to describe it, haha. I've just kind of always been this way so it's not something I really notice until asked.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    my gender leans towards masculinity to some extent. i prefer he/him pronouns, but i don't really feel any particular way either?

it's honestly a big confusing mess.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    As far as presenting myself, it's either really feminine or more androgynous. I consider myself pretty feminine most of the time, but I can be pretty masculine in regards to things and in certain situations.

Idk, what even is femininity and masculinity? I just am the way I am.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    my gender leans towards masculinity to some extent. i prefer he/him pronouns, but i don't really feel any particular way either?

it's honestly a big confusing mess.

This is kinda me. I don't really feel a particular way. I like to think I'm a little gender neutral fuzzball. lol

Melody

Banned
    Years
    I revel in certain feminine things. Makeup and clothes mostly. The rest remains unfortunately entrenched. But then again I'm genderfluid and my own identity may vary from day to day. I have my boyish days, and my girlish days. (Mostly Girlish, but boyish does happen)

To be honest I haven't had a lot of freedom to really experiment much. But I'm sure I could step into that role and be that waifu. Or anything betwixt, between, within or without those two points of the gender binary. Just...depends on my mood.

For the most part; I'm just me. Which defies all gendering.

Jayce

x-kid
    Years
    I'm more feminine than masculine, but I wouldn't say I'm extremely girly. It's hard to place exactly because I'm still not 100% comfortable with how I present myself (physically or otherwise) but I have been growing more comfortable and confident since I started wearing makeup, dressing in (slightly) more "feminine" clothing, and stopped shaving everywhere. Personality wise I think I'm pretty split between what are considered feminine traits and what's considered masculine. So yeah, overall something of a mix but leaning towards feminine. (I'm just not sure how heavily I'm leaning. Gender norms are weird.)

pkmin3033

I see myself as androgynous, and I don't assign any gender roles to my actions or thoughts. Gender isn't really a very important thing to me. You can't tell as much from someone's gender now as you used to be able to, and even from a stereotypical or cultural standpoint I don't identify myself as either masculine or feminine. I have qualities of both, and I'm quite content with that. I don't aim to present myself in any specific fashion: I am as I am, and people can either accept that or not.

That said, whilst I would define my behaviour and character as androgynous, I don't typically reveal my gender online for various personal reasons...this element of self-perception being but one of them. But without knowing what my gender is, most people see me as female based on my behaviour, so maybe that means I'm slightly more feminine in the way I present myself. It's interesting to see.

Years
    Id say I was mostly masculine (I am a guy after all). but am not Macho sort of masculine.
    Generally in real life public I behave masculine, because I guess that is what is expected of me.
    But online and with friends I have quite a feminine side as love cute things and bright colours.
    Also If you were to check out my profile here on PC (and I was to remove my gender) chances are people may think I was female, you know with my profile colours being pink, purple and yellow, my user name being after one of the most feminine pokemon and me normally having female characters on my avitar and signature.
    But overall I would say I lean more to being masculine but with sprinkling of some feminine aspects to even things out.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    I don't think I'm either. I've always thought of myself as being in between. I do like androgynous Japanese boys though. They are so pretty and cute. >w< Actually, I guess when I cosplay and crossdress though, I do come off as being sort of androgynous but... I don't know.

Back