• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Masc, straight acting, No Femmes

Years
    holy hell pc calm your tits this has been like the 3rd "how actually much like your gender role are you actually like" thread ive seen in like a month we get it some of you are different cool *claps* whatever now lets talk about something else

anyways i'm in the middle i don't really give a fuck

chill, just make whatever threads you want then

on topic tho, I like to think that I look like a woman lmao

personality-wise, nobody really calls me feminine, I tend to hang out with guys so I haven't really been influenced by a lot of feminine stuff. I don't wear skirts or dresses unless I'm forced to and I don't do that many girly things. I'd still call myself feminine though, it's weird.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I'm a dude. Never been particularly jocky or anything. Certainly not anything outwardly girly either. So, I just feel like a person.

Honestly, outside of maybe extreme sports obsessiveness (living, breathing, dreaming about it) with guys and outward appearances with girls (clothing, makeup, etc.), just about everything else seems neutral to me and fair game to either gender.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I'm a man's man! Things I've done that prove I'm a man:
    1.) Shotgun a beer in like .5 seconds, crush empty can on my head
    2.) Leaving the Dirty Dishes for the Women
    3.) Shaved my beard with my trusty, rusty switch blade. Because real men don't get tetanus.
    4.) AND SO MANY OTHER THINGS THAT ARE SO MANLY THE PC SERVERS WILL CRASH IF I EXPLAIN THEM

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    I honestly feel somewhat like I come off as a mix of the two. I don't get mistaken for a guy, and am (according to other people) apparently considered attractive, though. So, with the exception of clothes, I look feminine.

The way I dress is something like masculine with a tiny bit of "tomboy" mixed in, I guess. Generally jeans and whatever shirt I can find first. I don't like bright colors and nothing I wear is pink/purple/etc. I wear jackets/shirts intended for men sometimes because I don't care. Dresses and skirts are a definite no. I've dressed like this since I was a kid and my family was pretty aggravated because they wanted me to be "girly".

Personality/behavior-wise, I'm a little more mixed. I like to cook/bake and crochet. That being said, I like weapons a lot. I know my way around a gun and learned how to take apart / reassemble some handguns. That's supposed to be masculine, right? :B Aside from that, my behavior isn't real feminine. I don't care about clothes / makeup / etc. I'd much prefer to sit at home and play video games than to go shopping haha.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I was born with a vagina and I've never questioned that fact! I don't think anyone else would either. I don't ponder genders much.

Years
    Seriously, when I first joined PC, the literal first thing I was asked was, "how are you today, lady?".

Yes, I'm male and I want to be treated as one, but I suppose I can't blame people who thought I was a girl because I do act pretty girly irl and online at some cases, haha. I guess it's just a part of my personality, I suppose!
    :3 Aw, I think it's endearing! If you don't mind me saying. You give off a really warm and gentle vibe, so I can see why some people see it as feminine. I get in the same situation a lot of the time online.

Sometimes when I don't prominently display it, I'll get mistaken as a girl from time to time too. As I got older, I got more confident with my masculinity and sexuality (at this point, I'd know if I was homosexual or not), so other people's perceptions on that don't really bother me anymore.

Really the only social norms I care about are at my job and in my professional life in general. Even then, I'm pretty androgynous.

... Though, sometimes I have a irresistible weakness for cute things that probably makes me seem kinda girly. :x

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Seriously, when I first joined PC, the literal first thing I was asked was, "how are you today, lady?".

Yes, I'm male and I want to be treated as one, but I suppose I can't blame people who thought I was a girl because I do act pretty girly irl and online at some cases, haha. I guess it's just a part of my personality, I suppose!
    This is something that I just don't understand.

How can you act girly online? Mannerisms and things like that offline that are associated with femininity, I totally get. I don't necessarily agree with them, but I get them. But online? What could you do that sways someone into thinking you're girly online?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years

How can you act girly online? Mannerisms and things like that offline that are associated with femininity, I totally get. I don't necessarily agree with them, but I get them. But online? What could you do that sways someone into thinking you're girly online?

If I had to guess, heavy use of smilies and emoticons (being emotional/expressive is considered feminine), wording, tone of posts, avatars/sigs, things like that. Not that I necessarily agree with the gender stereotypes either, but I think we live in a world now where online communications have reached the point of being gendered as would verbal communications. Not entirely in the same manner, sure, but still. Plus, society loves to gender things. -tosses you my social psychology textbook- Hope this makes sense.

Years

Girly avatars/sigs and profiles I guess.

Like Alli said as well the use of more "feminine" text, words and emoticons.

Sean

Years
    I'm moreso on the masculine side with a lil spark of feminine side

This is probably one of my most despised questions in life though, it's such a huge emphasis in society at the moment. Who cares about how masc/fem someone is. The gay community is absolutely terrible for it though and it leads to internalized homophobia which is a completely another topic.

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    I donnu I don't really pay attention to that, I'm just gonna be myself yaknow. Yeah I have pierced ears and I gotta tattoo of a butterfly, so? If you're gonna diss the various feminine qualities I have, well then thank god you spoke up cause I know now that you're not someone I want in my life.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    If you're gonna diss the various feminism qualities I have, well then thank god you spoke up cause I know now that you're not someone I want in my life.

tbh this is a great attitude to have, not just about this topic, but anything.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    um I guess I'm pretty feminine. I can certainly act very feminine at times, though I think overall I'm pretty neutral. I display my gender as female here and most people that aren't already aware of my gender believe it, soooo

irl, I gotsa a pretty deep (and imo, pretty gay) voice and a rockin' beard at sixteen, so no mistakes there. but again, I think I act pretty neutral most of the time. I can reach super feminine gay as all rainbows and shiz, but super masculine isn't exactly in my reach, haha

Super Skitty

Up up and away~
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I'm kinda mixed. Most of my entertainment choices seem to be more masculine. Like, I listen to metal and play video games and whatnot, but I'd say my personality is actually pretty feminine. I'm a very gentle, emotional sort of person, and I like to be pretty and all that. haha

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    I am a walking, breathing female stereotype... if you disregard the overt dorkiness.

I'm the type of girl that refuses to leave the house if she isn't looking her best, albeit aforementioned dorkiness makes leaving the house a fairly uncommon event. >> It has always made me feel more comfortable talking to and interacting with others, though. I'm also the type of girl that can potentially spend hours playing dress up.

You cannot fathom how I reacted to X & Y.

Just... I will probably never stop playing that game strictly because of dressup. I would malice a dude with a shoehorn for some good clothes.

Ahem. Yeah. I am mostly feminine with a few masculine traits thrown in.

Back