• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mass shooting at Colorado cinema

Years
  • I just read that one woman who had been shot in the head was saved from severe brain damage because of a defect in the structure of her brain. It seem this defect causes a little canal like tube that snakes through part of her brain and it channeled the bullet away from the major centers of her brain.

Small miracles.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    He already went to court? I see.
    I live far outside the USA's timezones.

Maybe he is like the joker and is hatching some devious plot to flee from his holding cell. AFAIK, one person was arrested for threatening violence if he was not released.

Yeah me too. XD;

I'd hope not, but then it'd have made sense why he willingly gave up so easily because he knew he could get away and just wanted to explain his actions? idkk.

I just read that one woman who had been shot in the head was saved from severe brain damage because of a defect in the structure of her brain. It seem this defect causes a little canal like tube that snakes through part of her brain and it channeled the bullet away from the major centers of her brain.

Small miracles.

That is amazingly lucky wow. o_O I also read of the men who died for the girlfriends, sad :(

Zet

Years
  • One of the victims who was shot in the eye could face up to $2 million in medical bills. https://thinkprogress.org/health/20...ured-aurora-2-million-medical-bill/?mobile=nc

Why does everyone jump to gun "control". If people at that threader had guns, they could have shot the man who was attacking everyone. Murder is wrong, especially this kind, with vigilantly murder being not much better. But I think everyone could of understood if a reasonable person decided to open fire on this man, to save the lives of everyone else.

I like this post. If anyone has anything to say about gun control, I think you should refer to this because imo, it's very accurate. If that man had been killed to prevent 15 people from dying and 30+ from being injured, I'm sure the majority would agree that it would have been best.
    If you had gun control, this event wouldn't have taken place.

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • Agreed. Stabbing or punching 30 people to have 10 die would be very hard indeed.

That being said, people in the countryside need guns to survive, but that's another story.

Rn I don't see the use in having a gun in the movie theater. If a disaster happens, good luck, shooting at a fire wouldn't help that much.

And omg I would be pissed if I had to pay $2 mil for something that I didn't cause. I hope the shooter burns in hell for this. (Then again, if he repents, but it seems very unlikely he will...)

Edit: read the $2mil story. Wow how hard it is for him! In addition to the tons of financial problems that come with having a child, he'll need to pay what seems like he makes in years or decades. Though it's just a coincidence it makes it just so much sadder.

Last edited:
    Years
  • One of the victims who was shot in the eye could face up to $2 million in medical bills. https://thinkprogress.org/health/20...ured-aurora-2-million-medical-bill/?mobile=nc
    It says a lot about people that $200,00 has been raised to help this man, and a lot more about the world we live in that people had to do this because there was no other recourse.

I hope if I'm ever injured and have huge medical bills that my injuries will be caused in some national heart-wrenching tragedy so people will give me lots of money and I won't be one of those faceless millions who nevertheless owe a lot of money.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2013
    One of the victims who was shot in the eye could face up to $2 million in medical bills. https://thinkprogress.org/health/20...ured-aurora-2-million-medical-bill/?mobile=nc

If you had gun control, this event wouldn't have taken place.
    Gun control to what extent? Civilians being not allowed to keep any kind of firearm?
    That may mean criminals having guns and the law-abiding citizen being without guns.

And about that possible $2m medical bill, it's really unfair to the victim! And I doubt the killer pays any money.

Years
  • Gun control to what extent? Civilians being not allowed to keep any kind of firearm?
    That may mean criminals having guns and the law-abiding citizen being without guns.

Ugh, the NRA & and its bad logic rears its ugly head.

Stricter regulations would have prevented this tragedy. And the attempted assassination of Gabby Giffords last year.

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • Gun control to what extent? Civilians being not allowed to keep any kind of firearm?
    oh boy more flawed logic

All those guns were obtained legally. If they had not been, I'm sure the guns wouldn't have been able to get to him, because either 1) too lazy, or 2) he would have been caught.

Though drugs and alcohol can get distributed easily, guns aren't going to be that easy to manufacture, transport, and sell secretly. 1) drugs are made from chemical processes. Guns are manufactured. Factories are loud. Factories are easy to see. No secret could be kept with such ease as something like a toilet meth lab. 2) Drugs are easy to hide. Cocaine looks like flour, and they can be hidden in body cavities. So is any other drug. But try hiding a gun in a cavity! A small pistol might fit but most likely people are looking for more than a measly pistol to kill people with. And x-rays can easily find firearms, unlike a bomb or a package of heroin, due to their distinct shapes. 3) Drugs come in one part. But on the other hand, if you just have a gun nothing could be killed. Thus it's twice the effort to transport, not considering that not as much "profit" could be fit into one suitcase or package or whatever, due to the fact you can't "pack" in guns like you can with most drugs. 4) Storing them. A good deal of drugs (say, $100,000 worth) can be stored in a closet or room. Hence why they are so readily dealt. But hiding one or two guns would take a whole entire shelf, where you could have stored about a hundred grand's worth of other illegal stuff.

So due to the fact that it can't be easily capitalized off of, and that there's not many customers to begin with (drugs are at least in the moment fun, but what are you going to do with a gun in the middle of Metropolis?), I don't think they'll jump on the chance to sell guns like they do with every illegal drug (more or less).

Back