• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Masterball used on ?

Years
  • Hey, Ive beated the E4 and still have my Masterball. So i was wondering.

On wich Pokemon have you used your masterball? and why ?

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2012

Wassup?

Well i used my Master Ball on Tornadus
    Because they run away everytime..

I used Ultra ball on every other legendary takes 5-15 ball..

When you fight Landurus he doesn't run away.. he fights!

So simple awnser: Use it on Tornadus if you play Black Version, Use it on Thundurus if you play White Version..

In this way you will catch all legendaries! :)

Hope this helped!

Last edited:
    Years
  • but if you use Mean Look or other attack that blocks the fled ability its useless to use master :o ... i transfered my gengar just for that :o

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2012
    but if you use Mean Look or other attack that blocks the fled ability its useless to use master :o ... i transfered my gengar just for that :o

Using Mean Look will save your Master Ball..
    EDIT: My freind gave me Pokémon helding Master Ball so i used to have two..

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2013
    Roaming. You'd think they would stay in after YOU PUT THEM TO SLEEP. But Nope.avi

I had no Pokemon with Mean Look, so after a while I just gave up and used my MB.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I used the Master Ball on Tornadus/Thundurus. It's too tiring to weaken them, only to have them run and change location after each attack.

Haseyo

쏘쿨
    Years
  • I enjoy the challenge of catching Pokemon, so I haven't used one since Gen II.

If anything, I'd say a roaming, but Tornadus/Thundurus is so easy to catch. You can easily run in and out the terminal around Opelucid City and force him to spawn in a route >_> Took me literally 5 minutes. One paralyze and got him down to half, then caught 'em in one Dusk Ball.

If you just want to get rid of it, then use it on those, but it's honestly not needed at all.

Porynoir

Cool like that...
    Years
  • I caught Tornadus with either a Great Ball or a Ultra ball, can't remember, first shot, full HP.

gugu3

I hope i can really help...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2012
    In Reshiram... Misclicked Master Ball instead of pressing the Ultra Ball button. *facepalm*

Mango Dolphin

The Trainer that's a Pony
    Years
  • What Masterball? I just ran around and caught him after a few(and by few I mean about over 9000) tries. I only use Ultra Balls. Once I got so frustrated I just started throwing Ultra Balls at him.

I would use the Masterball if it takes too long to catch the Pokemon(Like Tornadus and Kyurem, but luckily I caught them already), but all I have left is Landorus, so time to defeat the E4 again, get Thundrus, ???, and go to Landorus!

Years
  • I used my Master Ball on Volcarona, because I caught all of the other Legendaries by other means, to challenge myself, and I don't want to deal with a level 70 Bug/Grass type, considering my starter is Serperior. XD So, yeah, I got lazy and went for it. The first time I played through SoulSilver, I didn't use my Master Ball at all. I caught Lugia, Ho-oh, Mewtwo, Latias, Groudon, the three birds, AND the three beasts all with Ultra Balls, Dusk Balls, and other stuff. So, I just had a Master Ball wasting space in my bag. :P

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I used my first Master Ball on Tornadus, because I wanted to soft reset a good nature for him. My second was used on Virizion after I finally managed to soft reset him to be shiny!

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • My Reshiram, simply because usually at that point in the game I cbf fighting the mascot, after battling so many trainers and usually enemies beforehand, so I just throw my masterball at it for an easy capture. HGSS being an exception where I saved it for Mewtwo, after catching Ho-oh with a regular Pokeball. xD

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I used my masterball on Zekrom. Primarily I wanted to catch it, because the thing was RIGHT THERE and its like...waiting for me to catch it. I wanted to use it on Virizion, but it was lower-leveled anyways, it'd be a waste. So I went ahead and threw it on Zekrom.

Years
  • I used mine to catch Reshiram as well cos I wanted to finish the game quickly.

I was such a noob when I realized I could have used it on something better.

Yeah, I'll learn from my mistake... at least my Reshiram got a beneficial nature.

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2012
    i most of the time try to save the masterBall and just put the pokemon to sleep and try the best non masterBall i got work alot of times

Back