• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Masterball used on ?

Mentalii

Back
Years
  • I haven't used mine. For once, I wanted a game where I wouldn't use it, and do my best to catch legendaries with UltraBalls and so on. Actually, I didn't catch them all yet, but one thing's for sure, I won't use my Master Ball.
    However, if I had used it I guess it would've been on the roaming Pokémon.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • In one of my games I used it to catch Reshiram/Zekrom because I didn't want to deal with throwing a ton of Pokeballs. However in the other game I read online that they're actually really easy to catch so then I just saved my Masterball for later, and I still have it in one of my games.

Asuf

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    In Black, I was thinking about using it on Tornadus but instead I decided to be patient. I taught false swipe to my Samurott, weakened it, then kept using quick ball each encounter, took me only 11 attempts...
    I only use my Master Ball on Mewtwo in Firered, it suits it well.

Mystical Mermaid

Resident Mermaid
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    I generally use the Master Ball to capture roaming Pokemon, which in this case was Tornadus and Thundurus in their respective games. This saves me hours of chasing them down with trial-and-error tactics. While it's tempting to use them on Reshiram and Zekrom in N's Castle, I restrain myself. It's fairly easy to catch with Ultra Balls, and having acess to the PC means you can swap your team freely before challenging N and Ghetsis. Even on higher-leveled legendaries, I see no reason to use the Master Ball when it can be saved for keeping me from getting a headache.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Reshiram. Only because I had to catch it, so I didn't want to have some big battle that might end up not working, so it ended as soon as it began with me using the Master Ball on it. Yay!

Sonicmon

Noob Trainer(New)
    Years
  • I think that even if you kill Reshiram,he stays there,you just restart,and besides,didn't reshiram and zekrom have the highest catch rate of a legendary(5.8% i think?)I used my masterball on tornadus though.

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2012
    Well since I'm not so lucky with ultra balls, i used Master as always at Legendary pokemon in this case Zekrom.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    In my most recent playthrough, I didn't use it on any. In my past playthroughs, I used it on the roaming (I forget which one, the genie cloud thing that's in White) and Zekrom.

Raichupacabra

Villain
    Years
  • I only use Poke Balls so I kept it with me. But if I didn't catch Tornadus in a Poke Ball, a Master Ball would be my next choice.

Reshiram. Only because I had to catch it, so I didn't want to have some big battle that might end up not working, so it ended as soon as it began with me using the Master Ball on it. Yay!

It and Zekrom are actually the easiest legendary Pokemon to catch alongside their Gen IV counterparts and Shaymin.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I used it on my Reshiram, because.. I honestly don't know xD I just thought I should throw it on the most powerful pokemon! [at the moment] and it was Reshi..

KinForce

Next Pokemon Champion
    Years
  • Wasted it on Zekrom DX I always say to myself: "Now, keep calm...don't waste it...SHOOT...STUPID ZEKROM GET IN THE DAMN ULTRA BALL! GAH, ILL USE A WOBBOFET FOR THUNDURUS! *uses master ball* oh gawd...what have i done? T.T" ^^" i'm happy cuz in bw2 you won't catch the mutated kyurem at once... xD

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2012
    I use my master ball on the pokemon close to the end of the game that's the box art for the game lol. Basicly you only get one chance and I don't want to mess up so I just throw the master ball at them lol

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    I have never used a Master Ball in any game. I forget about it and I end up weakening the legendary and throwing a few ultra balls. As for the roaming legendaries, I don't bother with them at all. I have a ton of legendaries roaming free and waiting to be caught in my games.

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013
    I've never used the Master Ball in previous games, nor in past playthroughs of White, so I doubt I'd ever use it. If anything, I'm most likely to use it on the roaming Pokemon if I decide to settle down and actually work on the post-game content.

Back