• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

+//May Daily Chit-Chat\\+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
  • I would assume that the simpler spellings are more convenient for people who have English as a second language; our complex and confusing pronunciation rules are probably eased somewhat by the preference of American spellings over more arcane ones.

On a lightly-related note, I should read the Canterbury Tales this summer. I need a crash course in middle english as the college I'm being forced to go to teaches nothing of the sort.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Fls4eva said:
    I've always been very weird.. and I wasn't around when Singapore was in the British's possession so.. I have my choice whether I wanna use American english or British..
    Of course you weren't around when Singapore was in British hands. It gained independence from Britain in 1963...and it was part of Malaysia until 1965.

Fls4eva

Shinn & Hakudoushi > Everyone
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2012
    Jack O'Neill said:
    Of course you weren't around when Singapore was in British hands. It gained independence from Britain in 1963...and it was part of Malaysia until 1965.

Err.. Like I know that.. We learn that in school.. Tell me more bout Salinas.. I don't learn that in school..

Fls4eva

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2012
    Chairman Kaga said:
    Salinas?

The only Salinases I know are in various John Steinbeck novels and Kon Tiki XD

Salinases..? That word looks so.. amusing.. somehow..

Fls4eva

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2012
    Kadaj said:
    o.o I've never heard that word/ term before~
    o.o Mind explaining what it is, Jack? @@ Or whoever else who may be able to? <3~

I guess Salinases refers to the people living in Salinas.. Then again.. it's only a guess..

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Kadaj said:
    o.o I've never heard that word/ term before~
    o.o Mind explaining what it is, Jack? @@ Or whoever else who may be able to? <3~

The Salinas Valley in California is where many of John Steinbeck's works take place. Salinas, as far as I remember, is the name of an island in the book Kon Tiki.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Chairman Kaga said:
    Salinas?

The only Salinases I know are in various John Steinbeck novels and Kon Tiki XD
    Of course you'd read about the city of Salinas in John Steinbeck novels. It was his birthplace, and it's basically the only claim to fame that my hometown has. That, and the fact that it singlehandedly grows 80% of the lettuce grown in the entirety of the United States and that it was the first city in America to close its public libraries.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salinas,_California

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Chairman Kaga said:
    The Salinas Valley in California is where many of John Steinbeck's works take place. Salinas, as far as I remember, is the name of an island in the book Kon Tiki.

o.o Oh~ cool~ *had no idea it was a place*

o_o;; Holy crap, that's a lot of lettuce~ X3; Well, it reels in the money, then~ :3~

Edit: o_o Nope, I've never read any John Steinbeck novels, either~

Fls4eva

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2012
    Jack O'Neill said:
    Of course you'd read about the city of Salinas in John Steinbeck novels. It was his birthplace, and it's basically the only claim to fame that my hometown has. That, and the fact that it singlehandedly grows 80% of the lettuce grown in the entirety of the United States.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salinas,_California

I expected that.. I've read the wikipedia article already.. Can't you tell me stuff that they didn't mention in there or something?? Anyway I remember reading bout Salinas in The Mediator series by Meg Cabot..

Fls4eva

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2012
    Kadaj said:
    X3 *snorts* I feel like I'm the only person here who had NO idea whatsoever what Salinas was X3;~

Puu~~

Salinas ish a part of California.. It isn't that well-known.. so it ish no surprise that you have no idea whatsoever it is/was..

Fls4eva

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2012
    Jack O'Neill said:
    Actually, Salinas (and all of Monterey County in general) is a rather poor place. The median home price down here is nearly $700k USD, while the median household income is a measly $48k USD.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monterey_County,_California

So are the things there like cheap?? The air tickets there.. will it be cheaper too? And like.. ish the weather there okay? Any natural disasters recently? The temperature range?

Fls4eva

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2012
    Kadaj said:
    X3 Nah~ Not in real life~
    :3 Only over the internet~ <3~

Imagine Kura snorting in real life.. Omfg.. Freaky..

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back