• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Charizard X Vs. Mega Charizard Y?

Years
  • As someone who has and has used both in battle, I can't really choose one over the other, both design and strength-wise. X has very good physical attack thanks access to Dragon Dance, it's base stats and Tough Claws, while Y can dish out some heavy hits with STAB Fire moves coupled with Drought. In addition, Y needs no charge-up with Solarbeam unless weather conditions change.

I am on the same boat as you. I make sure have both mega stones in both my Y and AS since I think they are both great and wouldn't mind owning both mega pokemon for when I want use either.

Also I love your signature bro!! Reasons are 1). Salamence and 2). That quote resonates with me.

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2018
    I watched Pokemon Origins before playing XY, which sold me on the idea of Charizard X. Both are great but I will side with the X megavolution.

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • In my opinion Pokemon Y got the short end of the stick when it came to version-exclusive megas.

Charizard X - Finally makes Charizard a Dragon type, awesome colour scheme and design.
    006-mega-x.gif

Charizard Y - Still Fire/Flying, just Charizard with an extra protrusion on it's head and a bigger flame.
    006-mega-y.gif

Mewtwo X - Fighting type added, a beefed up design to match the new typing with thicker arms and legs.
    150-mega-x.gif

Mewtwo Y - Still just Psychic, it's shrunk, looks like a creepy little alien foetus thing or something.
    150-mega-y.gif

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Chariazard X cause cool coloring and i love that its a dragon type plus i rather use talonflame if i just want a fire and flying

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    I feel GameFreak only did Mega Charizard X because it was what the fans had wanted, but at the same time, I feel Mega Charizard X is too overpowered. I feel both Dragon Dance and Tough Claws too much.
    Charizard was originally Fire/Flying. no? Then why not give Mega Charizard Levitate? It'd still have the Ground-Type immunity. It just doesn't make sense in a Pokémon game that a Pokémon that can fly, can get hit by Ground type attacks

I do like Mega Charizard X's design though.

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
    Years
  • I love what they did with Charizard for its X Mega. It becomes a hands-on fighter due to Tough Claws. I always take advantage of a Pokemon's ability to best of my ability. I have 2 Mega sets but my favorite X set is Fire Punch, Dragon Claw, Thunder Punch and Mega Kick. Yeah... that Charizard I had from a Gen 3 game. As for Y, It could've had a slightly better ability and had more Speed but Drought ain't so bad though. That boosted Flamethrower and one-turn Solar Beam comes in handy.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Mega Charizard X hold superiority on Battle but Mega Charizard Y hold superiority over Design.
    Game freak screw up , They should give Mega Charizard Y high Defense and Special Attack .
    While Mega Charizard X should have high Attack and Special Defense.
    That way , Both of their strength in battle would have been balance.
    If Mega Charizard X held high attack then Mega Charizard Y would have high defense to counter it.
    Now , Mega Charizard X totally outclass Mega Charizard Y in battle.
    Its not like we can use Mega Charizard Y's superiority at Flying in game ! Ash might do it in Anime.

Back