• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Mega Swampert's base stats

100 HP
    150 Atk (+40)
    110 Def (+20)
    95 SAtk (+10)
    110 SDef (+20)
    70 Speed (+10)

Anybody worked out the other Mega's stat boosts yet?
    Is this calculated from the Demo? I'm glad to see Mega Swampert get even bulkier. It's also quite scary to think that in the Rain it's a rather fast 140 speed Tank...

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Some signs are pointing to Mega Hoopa from searching in the files of the ORAS Demo on the SD Card.
    Yeah, I just saw that too. I'd rather it not be true, but knowing Game Freak it really wouldn't surprise me if that's what they meant by the special surprise for playing everyday or whatever it was. Hoopa hasn't even been officially revealed yet and they're planning on giving it a mega? Are we gonna get a Mega Volcanion too?

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2015
    Yeah, I just saw that too. I'd rather it not be true, but knowing Game Freak it really wouldn't surprise me if that's what they meant by the special surprise for playing everyday or whatever it was. Hoopa hasn't even been officially revealed yet and they're planning on giving it a mega? Are we gonna get a Mega Volcanion too?

Hoping not. Also, I hope that the design for Mega Hoopa isn't real. Speaking of isn't real, has it ever confirmed to be a legit pokemon?! STOP trying to confirm something that isn't real yet. Why cant people just wait for it to come out?

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
    Hoping not. Also, I hope that the design for Mega Hoopa isn't real. Speaking of isn't real, has it ever confirmed to be a legit pokemon?! STOP trying to confirm something that isn't real yet. Why cant people just wait for it to come out?

Yes hoopa is real and known of i doubt that mega hoopa is real though we are still waiting for the majority of the back stories in hoopa and volcanion since game freak is currently focusing on diance and its mega it is possible though that they may receive Megas. Anyone else hear about the leak about a mega Solrock and Lunatone? I saw legit pics from the game but of coarse i dont think theyre real because they could always just insert them in i dont think anyone really wants a mega Lunatone or Solrock although milotic and flygon would be cool :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2015
    yup mega hoopa is confirmed in the games code. obviously, until its officially out of nintendo/gamefreaks mouth, then its not 100% but for craps sake, its in the coding so yah we'll be getting mega hoopa. hoopas ring ability must be whats allowing it to transport all the foreign legendaries to hoenn (think of the big hoops reshiram and friends are coming out of). Also, no mega volcanion in the coding.

Heres a link showing whats been uncoded
    https://pokebeach.com/2014/10/mega-hoopa-uncovered-in-oras-demo-stats-for-mega-evolutions

its "Here's images of the models for each of the new Mega Evolution / Primal Reversion Pokemon, including their shiny forms:"

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    Anybody worked out the other Mega's stat boosts yet?

This is on Pokebeach, pyrexpyramids posted the link to the page above me.

Swampert-M Stats: 100/150/110/95/110/70 Type: Water/Ground
    Sceptile-M Stats: 70/110/75/145/85/145 Type: Grass/Dragon
    Sableye-M Stats: 50/85/125/85/115/20 Type: Dark/Ghost
    Altaria-M Stats: 75/110/110/110/105/80 Type: Dragon/Fairy
    Gallade-M Stats: 68/165/95/65/115/110 Type: Psychic/Fighting
    Audino-M Stats: 103/60/126/80/126/50 Type: Normal/Fairy
    Sharpedo-M Stats: 70/140/70/110/65/105 Type: Water/Dark
    Slowbro-M Stats: 95/75/180/130/80/30 Type: Water/Psychic
    Steelix-M Stats: 75/125/230/55/95/30 Type: Steel/Ground
    Pidgeot-M Stats: 83/80/80/135/80/121 Type: Normal/Flying
    Glalie-M Stats: 80/120/80/120/80/100 Type: Ice
    Diancie-M Stats: 50/160/110/160/110/110 Type: Rock/Fairy
    Metagross-M Stats: 80/145/150/105/110/110 Type: Steel/Psychic
    Kyogre-P Stats: 100/150/90/180/160/90 Type: Water
    Groudon-P Stats: 100/180/160/150/90/90 Type: Ground/Fire
    Rayquaza-M Stats: 105/180/100/180/100/115 Type: Dragon/Flying
    Hoopa-M Stats: 80/160/60/170/130/80 Type: Psychic/Dark
    Camerupt-M Stats: 70/120/100/145/105/20 Type: Fire/Ground
    Lopunny-M Stats: 65/136/94/54/96/135 Type: Normal/Fighting
    Salamence-M Stats: 95/145/130/120/90/120 Type: Dragon/Flying
    Beedrill-M Stats: 65/150/40/15/80/145 Type: Bug/Poison

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024

Mega Hoopa looks freaking fugly... >.>
    But it also reminds me of that cool "cowardly" character in HunterxHunter...

This is on Pokebeach, pyrexpyramids posted the link to the page above me.

Spoiler:

And wow... Mega Sceptile and Mega Beedrill are tied as the fastest Megas in that list.

edit...

We were told that while it's easy to assume this model is of Mega Hoopa, there's a chance it could be something else related to Hoopa instead (such as a form). The Pokemon has an 80 BST increase, which goes against the grain for Mega Evolutions. But for convenience, we'll just refer to it as Mega Hoopa for now until we have confirmation from the games what it is.

So...it's not a "mega" evolution for Hoopa then?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    100 HP
    150 Atk (+40)
    110 Def (+20)
    95 SAtk (+10)
    110 SDef (+20)
    70 Speed (+10)

It's too bad that Swampert doesn't have access to much attack-boosting moves (does it?). If it had, it would've been able to make an amazing sweeper. Though, even without any boost, I could still imagine it to wreak some havoc on its own, as its attack stat already seems to be pretty top-notch all-around.

In terms of defenses, it seems heavy. Would be able to withstand a lot more hits than its normal form, hopefully. Similarly to what I've said already regarding stats-boosting moves, though, it doesn't seem to have access to any recovery move (correct me if I'm wrong), but if it did, in general, I'm sure it would have been much, much more satisfying for players.

Nonetheless, can't wait to try Mega-Swampert out! It should be fun.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    Sceptile-M Stats: 70/110/75/145/85/145 Type: Grass/Dragon Catchrate: 45 Stage: 3
    Beedrill-M Stats: 65/150/40/15/80/145 Type: Bug/Poison Catchrate: 45 Stage: 3

I love carrying 'mons that I like, and I also like Speedy 'mons. I'm torn which of these two should I use... ;_;

--- EDIT---

I noticed that Mega Rayquaza has a catch rate of 45. They usually only do that with legendary Pokemon that you catch. This makes it seem like the "secret" behind Mega Rayquaza's Mega Evolution is that it can be triggered without a trainer. This also fits the little story they posted about how it first Mega Evolved in response to the two Primal legends fighting when people "cried out" to it.

Quoted from a user in another forum. Ahem, anyway... Wow, if that were really to happen in the game, does this mean we can have Mega Rayquaza plus another mega/primal 'mon at the same time?

Last edited:

Years
    Sceptile-M Stats: 70/110/75/145/85/145 Type: Grass/Dragon Catchrate: 45 Stage: 3
    Beedrill-M Stats: 65/150/40/15/80/145 Type: Bug/Poison Catchrate: 45 Stage: 3

I love carrying 'mons that I like, and I also like Speedy 'mons. I'm torn which of these two should I use... ;_;

--- EDIT---

Quoted from a user in another forum. Ahem, anyway... Wow, if that were really to happen in the game, does this mean we can have Mega Rayquaza plus another mega/primal 'mon at the same time?
    Oh wow, now looking at Mega Beedrill's stats better that thing looks like the very difinition of a 'Fragile Speedster' it's defense is so low...but it's attack and speed are very high...

I wonder if these will be all the Megas in the main game, or if GF put all of these Megas in, knowing that people were going to try looking at the data and allow us to get a better picture of the Pokemon.

Btw...I noticed that Single Stage Pokemon are shown to have 2 stages in Pokebeach...wonder why...

Years
    I totally called Mega Pidgeot's stats! https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8465571&postcount=2526 I was only mistaken about its Attack. I'd have preferred lower Attack and higher defenses.

Now here's hoping it gets some moves to help its Sp.Atk..
    Seems you did. I am hoping it'll get access to the low accuracy, high power elemental moves (thunder and the like). Maybe access to Hyper Voice too for the power and stab.

What looks like Mega Hoopa interests me...it is shown to have only a boost of 80...I wonder why the low boost...and if it will really be Mega Hoopa and not just a forme. It could be that Mega Hoopa wasn't complete when the Demo was made.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
    What looks like Mega Hoopa interests me...it is shown to have only a boost of 80...I wonder why the low boost...and if it will really be Mega Hoopa and not just a forme. It could be that Mega Hoopa wasn't complete when the Demo was made.

I'm betting on something else entirely, because formes have the rule of not changing BSTs.

I'm really happy for Mega Pidgeot, though. My favorite bird is finally useful! He was overshadowed by others even in 1st gen. He had lower Attack and Speed than both Fearow and Dodrio, and no effective Flying-type move (Wing Attack had 35 BP back then).

They still need to fix Mega Alakazam's stat boost (it gets only 90 as opposed to 100). I wonder if they did just that in this game.

Years
    I'm betting on something else entirely, because formes have the rule of not changing BSTs.

I'm really happy for Mega Pidgeot, though. My favorite bird is finally useful! He was overshadowed by others even in 1st gen. He had lower Attack and Speed than both Fearow and Dodrio, and no effective Flying-type move (Wing Attack had 35 BP back then).

They still need to fix Mega Alakazam's stat boost (it gets only 90 as opposed to 100). I wonder if they did just that in this game.

Well except for Rotom, and Kyurem (but Kyurem is special in that it absorbs another Pokemon).

I am also glad about that, and that it's colorful, as Pidgeot (and the rest of the Gen 1 birds) was quite bland looking cool wise.

I am hoping they do, it's not fair that it get's only a 90 boost. Even though it got a 10 point boost cross generationally there were others such as Ampharos that got the full 100, and apperantly it looks like Beedrill also got the full 100.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    I don't know but... I think a mega hariyama is quite likely. I've seen a couple of videos of that battle with the Veteran/Elder, and I can't help but think that mega hariyama will appear in the retail copy of ORAS.

BTW, just received my copy of CoroCoro. Can't wait to play the demo!

EDIT:
    If anyone's fluent in Japanese please correct me if I'm wrong.
    According to this bit below, the next issue of CoroCoro will have a ORAS poster and show the last few mega evolutions in the game?

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    chances are they were already planning mega diancie before they revealed it, too. so i don't see what you're getting at here?
    Yeah, you're probably right. I guess I just don't like the idea of a legendary Pokemon making it's official debut outside of the region it's linked to. They should've saved Mega Diancie and Mega Hoopa (or whatever it is) for the next Kalos game(s), imo.

Years
    Yeah, you're probably right. I guess I just don't like the idea of a legendary Pokemon making it's official debut outside of the region it's linked to. They should've saved Mega Diancie and Mega Hoopa (or whatever it is) for the next Kalos game(s), imo.
    It happened to Deoxys in FrLg as those were the first games one could get one. Considering that OrAs are in the same position generation wise as FrLg it was to be expected that we'll see another case like Deoxys.

I had a feeling that Diancie wasn't going to be the only Kalos mega in these games.

blue

gucci
    Years
    If Diancie has received a Mega Evolution, and supposedly Hoopa has received a Mega Evolution, does this mean eventually we will see a Volcanion Mega Evolution?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back